With all the work and focus that is being put on the Fantasy Strike FG I really hope it doesn't mean that Sirlin Games will be done with board and card games. I realize that it is taking up all the resources, both in time and money, atm (which is understandable) and that it will be the main focus of attention even once it's released. But surely (maybe?) there is room to be able to work on both the FG and card game stuff once the FG is released? Maybe this is just wishful thinking but Sirlin Games is my favorite game company, by a lot, and it would be crushing for me if they stopped making board and card games. I realize there is a big disconnect with how Sirlin Games thinks and how the general board game populace thinks so this alone might make it not worth the effort to continue in the board game medium.
Either way here are my requests/demands
- Sirlin Games needs to make a game that "fixes" tactical miniatures style games (doesn't need to have miniatures)
- Super Yomi needs to be a thing
- The missing FS characters need to be in Codex
- Once these above projects are completed I will have my gaming needs will all be fulfilled and you can then focus solely on the FSFG except demand point 5 must always be followed.
- Continued commitment to making new editions of your games if they can be significantly improved for top level play
- EDIT: digital Codex needs to be a thing
I know point 5 is a big sticking point and has caused a lot of the anger among the general board game populace. But I don't really care about their feelings in this matter (they probably only played the game 0-2 times any way, what do they even care if a new edition comes out). Also people are generally pacified towards new editions if an upgrade pack is a thing.
I'm pretty sure I'll be super bummed about my requests/demands and I can't blame Sirlin Games at all for wanting to get out of the board/card game market. Which if true will be the saddest gaming related thing to happen to me in all my life.
I don't mean to sound negative (I'm just bummed) and it's cool that Sirlin is following is dream of making his own FG. I just wish there was one analog gaming company left that cared about and as intensely as Sirlin Games cares about making fair and long lasting competitive games (with out having to buy new stuff every month).
In the event that Sirlin Games is still in the analog gaming business disregard all of the above except for demands 1,2,3,5.