UK Fantasy Strike Meetup! 29/10/16

(I’m crossposting this to all three forums, please forgive)

Heeeey British boys and girls!
@Plum @snoc @thehug0naut @Fenrir (and @Attilian might be interested I guess?)

Do you want to meet me? And hang out with fellow British folks and play Sirlin games?
If yes, read on!

I’m coming to your country, and I want to play games with you!

The current date set is the 29th of October, on a Saturday.

Location not yet confirmed. Possibilities so far: London or Birmingham.

I will be bringing my Codex Deluxe set and a selection of my Yomi characters.

Come and meet the one and only Checkmate Salter and play some sweet Sirlin games.
Tell your friends, let’s make it happen!

3 Likes

You animal! I’m only cross-replying on two of them:

Depending on how large this grows, I might even consider a weekend vacation in London. Always wanted to check it out anyway.

3 Likes

Whoop doop! I’ll be along, bringing my Yomi stuff and deluxe Codex too, assuming it’s arrived by then, along with whatever other games I feel like shoving into a bag. I think @thehug0naut was planning to be there the Friday evening before, if folks are up for a more social and less game-y trip to the pub or something.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Bomber doesn’t drink alcohool. Just sea water.

3 Likes

Yes indeed @snoc is correct I shall be there from Friday evening, with the goal of achieving the strictly correct alcohol level, nash willing

Will see what I can bring once I know where we are going and how I’m getting there. Probably at least some yomi decks and either pandante or codex.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much right

@Bryce_The_Rice u already got ur codex deluxe?!? God, i am so envious T___T

No, but since I’m leaving in October I’m pretty sure it’ll be here within a month!

2 Likes

I answered in the other thread, but just in case people have switched over already: I’m afraid I can’t make it as I have other commitments on that date :crying_cat_face:

At this rate I will never find out if Australians are real or not

3 Likes

Given @Bryce_The_Rice’s internet connection, he may very well come from heaven and speak to us from above the clouds.

Or hell, where some CMB has buried him for eternity.

4 Likes

Ooooo, I might be convinced that this is worthy of a London trip! Tickets to London is usually cheaper than tickets to Dourtmond so it could be a good replacement for Essen as well.

2 Likes

I specifically set it the weekend after Essen so there’d be no conflict.
Or am I wrong, is it two weeks after…? Oh well, it’s still fine.

1 Like

Cross-posting my desire to attend.

1 Like

Oh I don’t know, I just know that I would just choose one or the other anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Corroyeur any chance u will be there?

We need to properly decide on a location. So everybody who is planning on making it, put in a preference for either London or Birmingham. Go!

I’d prefer London because TOURISM.

birmingham because I’m a cheapasaurus.

@legion gonna check the planes, it seems unlikely, but I’d love it.

1 Like

Is this a fighting game crowd, or a board game crowd? OR BOTH!? SHALL I BRING MY ARCADE STICK?! (At least, playing of the FSX Fighting game?)

Tickets are cheap for me, so I’ll come if that is fine with you guys?

@Corroyeur you do know about https://www.google.com/flights, right? It is probably the best aggregate flight tickets site out there.

1 Like