[Tournament] The Yomi Olympic Carnival (Alt Reporting Thread)

The true pop-offs are the ones the game does for you. Well done.

1 Like

@CloudCuckooCountry is this stil happening? the losers bracket is stuck at round 5 and i see no reports whatsoever. Can i consider myself winner? :imp:
I think i deserve that cuz a) i say so b) idk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting on several match reports that are due this Sunday.

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Zanzibar Land (LTH) 3-2 Great Britain (Caralad)
:rook::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::grave:
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::valerie:
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::grave:
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::troq:

ggs!

2 Likes

Ggs indeed. Almost had you!

1 Like

mysticjuicer vs mastrblastr

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

mysticuicer wins 3-0 due to insanely vicious draws: 4 Kings in the first 15 cards of the Oni/Troq game, all 4 Aces and 2 Kings in the Geiger/DeGrey game, and plenty of Aces and dodges for Troq

ggs mastrblastr, sorry

2 Likes

Imo Lady Luck simply smiled to the Best Man.

1 Like

sharpo vs snoc

:zane::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:zane::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

Great games!

2 Likes

Thanks, well played to you and good luck in the rest of the tournament. Also thanks for putting up with my scheduling being a bit wacky at times.

First person commentary of the match (currently uploading/processing):

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 2 mallorean_thug

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :lum:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

ggs mal, you have no idea how much desperate praying I was doing in the last turns of the ace match.

2 Likes

Also holy crap I made it to top 4 in something!

4 Likes

last report was 10 days ago, last game was God knows when.
Iā€™ll take the next step and award myself the championship, here.
Canā€™t wait 2017 to get this thing over.

1 Like

Legion, the matches are still going. I know that youā€™re impatient and that several strings of tournament matches have been very slow compared to others, but youā€™ll have to forgive me and the people still playing and organising for the wait.

Currently thereā€™s only one match going at a time, which I know is bad form and it could have been organised better, however this tournament suffered several problems including being in the middle of the forums getting nuked and a bunch of people quitting/disappearing without notification.

Please continue to be patient. Iā€™m also waiting on match results.

3 Likes

imo if ppl disappear/do not respect the deadline, give the win to the one who replied and letā€™s move on. if no one replied, dq them both and move on. everyone has a life, but i see no reason for a tourney to last a year. since i respected all my dls despise irl shit hitting the fan on daily basis, imho i could fite again @ClanNatioy for the championship right aways since it seems we are the only one who care about the tournament. Imho keep everyone hanging is the worst form of disprespct to the players and the TO. Make BM DQs rain and letā€™s get over with, plz.

1 Like

also calling me ā€œimpatientā€ is a little overkill. I have waited from oct the 18th to have any relevant news. now is november 23th and things are still foggy as back then. I fought following the rules, i won my matches fair and square. If all the others have lost their interest, imo DQ rhem all. All those who do not reply whithin 2 days got DQd. so maybe @mysticjuicer who is top 4 ans still follows the thread plays against clan, the winner faces me and we will always move on!
EDIT: if it eases ur conscience put it like this: all games have to be played before the dl, otherwise is up the opponent to grant or not an extension. I deny to anyone an extension as in my rights.
So plz, let those who are interested in the tourney to play, and all the others are drop outs.

1 Like

I think handing out DQs to move the tournament along at this point is pretty reasonable. The forum switchover happened quite a while ago.

Itā€™s not pleasant to hand them out as TO, but sometimes necessary when a match is holding up the rest of the event.

2 Likes

that is why i proposed the dqs. the only match remaining is lth vs mal. IDK if one of them o both are MIA and honestly i do not care. If both are MIA, imo u should be awarded the win, advance to loser grand finals and face clan!

challonge says lth vs sharp tho

1 Like

reading is hard! lmao

1 Like

LTH and Sharpo arenā€™t overdue. The reason this tournament has taken so long is because I started giving people two week deadlines instead of one week because I got a couple of complaints about the one-week deadlines. After the forum-nuking was announced, some people had preferred methods of contact that werenā€™t the new forum sites, so I was split organising matches across here, MSS, Skype, and Discord, which explains some of the disorganisation on my part, but also the difficulty of participant organisation meant that I was sympathetic to the players wanting more time to organise, which is why I changed it to two weeks. Was this a mistake? Yes, I know exactly why, and you donā€™t need to explain it to me.

LTH vs Sharpo is due this Sunday, but one of them still hasnā€™t responded and itā€™s likely weā€™re all waiting on a match thatā€™s not going to get played anyway.

This tournament has been an absolute disaster and itā€™s caused me way more stress than itā€™s been worth. I wanted to see the tournament through to the end because I didnā€™t want my first tournament to be a cancelled failure.

Iā€™m at the point where I now want to cancel it, but Iā€™ll keep it going with one-week deadlines if the remaining players are still interested.

My apologies to everyone who participated in this tournament.

3 Likes