[Tournament] Single Character Showdown 3: Gloria Grayson

Please no. This needs to be a tournament, not a slaughter and pile of bodies at the foot of the Medical Queen’s throne.

4 Likes

IN

/overdose

2 Likes

Where’s guybrush…

2 Likes

Best 4 of 7. Double elimination. That’s a bit too much drugs for me. By the time me and you get to the Grand Finals, I’d probably never be able to look at Gloria again.

I enjoy her too much to risk that. Yeah, not touching this with a ten foot pole.

6 Likes

OMG drugs! I want drugs!

1 Like

I appreciate the shout-out, but unfortunately, I won’t be joining in the festivities. However, I did make sure to move my guide over to these forums for anyone who wants to study up:

:heart: :gloria: :heart:

6 Likes

hmmm… I’d have liked the other Grayson, but…
Ok, let me in for this! :grin:

Last few days to sign up for this!

1 Like

Two more sign-ups for an even 16 person bracket! :smiley:

Bracket is generated and conversations are posted! Start your healing engines now!

@MR75 and @vengefulpickle have pleased the Challonge RNG gods and get first round byes.

4 Likes

KenkakuKnight vs Flagrantangles

And they’re off!

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: Gloriaf scores a decisive syringe throw, pumping Gloriak full of meds for the knock out!
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: Looks like Gloriak fell for the same trick, winning another round for Gloriaf!
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: But what’s this? A sudden counterattack as Gloriak literally summons the Sun and the Moon!
:gloria: :psfist: :psfist: :gloria: Looks like Gloriak is setting up for the Sun and Moon, BUT WHAT’S THIS?! GLORIAF PULLS OUT HER OWN SUN AND MOON AND BOTH LADIES ARE DOWN!
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: Gloriak looks to be mixing it up, peppering Gloriaf with a storm of drug-filled syringes! Gloriaf is happily sleeping on the floor.
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: Gloriaf stands back up and immediately starts off with an early Sun and Moon! Gloriak is looking beat up, and OH! She just couldn’t recover fast enough. Another round goes to Gloriaf!
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: Gloriak is backed up against the wall now. The pressure is building up but Gloriak keeps her cool, making calm and precise strikes. IT IS NOW ALL TIED UP!
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: Match game! Both combattants are one point away from winning the match. Look at the flurry of magic and medicine! They’re both hanging on by a thread, only one good hit will knock either fighter out! Uh oh, Gloriak seems to now be squatting and screaming like a Super Saiyan. This sportscaster doesn’t know what to make of it. Why doesn’t Gloriak heal herself up? Gloriaf rushes in, looking to take advantage of Gloriak’s distracted state. Can Gloriak finish in time?! THERE IT IS! SUN AND MOON FROM GLORIAK, KNOCKING GLORIAF OUT OF THE RING! THE MATCH GOES TO…

GLORIAK!

4 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 Hobusu

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: THE BLOW-UP!
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: THE COUNTER-BLOW-UP!!

ggs Hobusu! Good luck in the lower bracket!

4 Likes

I was grinning almost the entire set from how silly this mirror is, and I’m just happy I won even one game! This re-confirmed what I remembered learning from Lum’s Lucky Lottery, which is that Gloria is hard to play well but super satisfying to win with. Maybe I ought to add her to the characters I’d like to practice in the Mentournament…?

5 Likes

It’s pretty crazy to be in the late game by turn 4. :laughing:

1 Like

Utralaw 4 - 2 SouthpawHare

:gloria::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria: Cannot believe i power up two joker for an ace :sweat:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::gloria:

GGS Southpaw! i got luck and drew very well and got my 10s up early on a few of the games. Southpaw was a true gentlemen and gave me advice on how to play Gloria mid-game when he didn’t have too.

6 Likes

Sun and Moon double KO is exactly the sort of thing this tournament is about.

5 Likes

So many silly shenanigans. And working around a potential double overdose is dumb (but the best kind of dumb).

1 Like

Yes, I was spectating this matchup, and Southpaw’s advice was class act. TBH, I stumbled upon the game, and I wasn’t even aware it was part of a tournament.

2 Likes

Caralad vs @MysticDeadman

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigloria:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigloria:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigloria:

GG’s MD, the draws were wierd for both of us, jokerless most of it for you, and Q’less for most of it for me. This MU is so so wierd though.

2 Likes

@snoc: If you include me in the MU convos, I’ll try and get the times onto the Yomi Tournament Calendar.

4 Likes