[Tournament]NFTT round 6 30th of July! 30$ prize pool!

Welcome to Neiguttens Fast Timer Tournament Series Round 6

Tournament starting time will be This and will last until it is finished. You should not participate if you don’t think you will be able to finish competing.

Time Estimates

Due to the fact that the tournament doesn’t require signups, I can’t predict how long the tournament will last, but each round can last for up to 30 minutes maximum but should most likely only take somewhere around 15-20 minutes. This means that an 8 players will be done somewhere in the ballpark of 2,5 hours or 3 hours, if we assume bathroom breaks and such. A 16 person bracket will take around 3.5 to 4 hours.

Format: Double-Elimination
Timer: Fast
Set Length: Best of 3 / First to 2
Double KOs: Counts as a WIN for both players, which means that both need to stick with their character.
Prize: A paypal giftcard worth 20$ for first place, and a 10$ paypal giftcard for second place.

Sign up: I will start accepting signups 30 minutes before the tournament starts, show up in the game lobby, holla at me to make sure I enter you into the bracket. Signup will be closed 5 minutes before the tournament starts. Please try to be in the lobby 30 minutes before, so that I don’t get a rush of people wanting to be added right before signups closes.

Rules: Please read through the rules. Also, community feedback is essential for making the rules fair. So if there are rules I havent thought of, or rules that are overreaching for what it should be, let me know.

NFTT: Each tournament will be seeded based on participants previous performance, using Capcom Protour points system for Tier two tournaments. In november, the top 8 players who has the most points total will be invited to a tournament, where they will be playing for 100$. More information about that here.

3 Likes

Running a little late but I’m in.

1 Like

I am coming home from a friends wedding thing on sunday morning, so I am pushing it late to make sure that I am actually home when it starts. I would have done it on saturday if it wasn’t for that ^^

2 Likes

Seems interesting.

2 Likes

Probably too late at night for me though, so EU might actually win something for once.

5 Likes

I m afraid i won t be able to make it this time.
I will be attending a “in Person”-Tournament that Weekend.
(Hamburg / Germany)

3 Likes

TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE! :smiley:

4 Likes

Fellow German here. I’m jealous.
Is that a Pegasus-sponsored event or something private?

1 Like

no Pegasus involved. Just a local Tabletopshop.

1 Like

Reminder that this is happening the coming Sunday! :smiley:

Did you know that :gwen: has the shortest timer of them all?

1 Like

Inversely, :chibigloria: has the longest timer.

Which is odd considering how many drugs she shovels into herself at any given time.

2 Likes

Just here to let you guys know, I will actually be there at the start time :wink: No repeat of last month! :smiley:

I lose first round vs @Fusxfaranto 2-0 all zane losing to gwen.

2 Likes

Vs @Copper8642

Caralad wins 2-0

Rook > Mene
Rook > BBB

1 Like

The Jig is up!

http://challonge.com/NFTT6

Congratulations to IamNobody for the win! and to Fusxfaranto for the second place! :smiley: :smiley: I’ll post a writeup tomorrow ^^

1 Like

I’m sure he means Niijima-San instead of IaN. I get that a lot.

Here are my games for MJ’s thingie.

Me vs Mystic Deadman

2-0

Ven > Gwen x2

Me vs. Zejety

2-0

Ven > Gwen x2

Me vs Fusxfaranto

2-0

Ven > Gwen
Ven > Midori

Me vs. Fusxfaranto again

0-2

Ven < Valerie
Jaina < Valerie

Me vs. Fusxfaranto again

2-1

Ven < Arg
Ven > Arg
Ven > Valerie

3 Likes

For reference, my matches:

Fusxfaranto 2 - 0 Caralad
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Fusxfaranto 2 - 0 CocktailsComic
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:

Fusxfaranto 0 - 2 Nijima-san
:chibigwen: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta: Perfect.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta:

Fusxfaranto 2 - 0 Zejety
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

Fusxfaranto 2 - 0 Nijima-san
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta: The return of an old flame.
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

Fusxfaranto 1 - 2 Nijima-san
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta: Down to the last turn.

GGs all.

2 Likes

Mystic Deadman’s Tournament Run:

R2:
MD 0-2 DieMyDarling (Tell me I got THAT one wrong. I DARE YOU @Niijima-san)
:chibigwen: vs. :chibivendetta:

1 Loss R2:
MD 2-0 GutterOwl
:chibigwen: vs. :chibionimaru:

1 Loss R3:
MD 2-1 twittercom cocktailscomic
:chibigwen: vs. :chibiargagarg:

1 Loss R4:
MD 1-2 Zejety
:chibigwen: vs :chibibbb:

2 Likes

It seems like 20XX was in full … displ… wait. No Troqs, and no Zane? The planets have aligned for the fast tournament meta I guess.

With only two tournaments more until the final tournament, this is how the points are spread out:

So, outside of @Fluffiness who is sitting pretty on the iron throne, unable to be cast out of the top 8, I do believe that both @FourLiberties and @Niijima-san do need to ensure to join at least 1 more of these, and get about top 4 to be able to be sure to be in the top 8.

@Zejety, @BD_Corro, @shax, @Fusxfaranto, @Attilian, @mysticjuicer, @Caralad, you guys are in the pits, fighting for the points to keep your place or get into the top 8

2 Likes