[Tournament] New Blood - Complete

With the recent board game sale on steam, we’ve had some new players join the community. @Nopethebard was already planning a November tournament, but it has a bit of a complicated rule-set intended to spice up the variety of tournaments. However, for the newer players, I’d love to host the most-standard tournament format as an easy entry-way for those new players. Vets, feel free to sign up as well, or volunteer to help mentor a new player or two if you have time/preference for that.

New players, if you want to get paired up with someone for some practice rounds or mentorship, post that here too!

New Blood

Rules

• Double elimination
  • Best of 5
  • Medium timer
  • Double KO is a win for both players, unless it would cause both to win the set. In that case, the game should be replayed.
  • Matches will be played weekly!
  • No EX characters (obviously)
  • Match Pick Rules
    • Standard Counterpick: Double-blind for first match, losing player may choose to switch characters.

Signups will be open until Saturday, Nov 7th at 11:59 PM UTC, with opening round conversations going out the next day. Confirm your signup, or feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Signups

• vengefupickle
  • JJJdragon31
  • yuran
  • Kathandu
  • Lawlzard
  • Caralad
  • ArthurWynne
  • migohunter
  • JonnyD
  • TonyHole
  • ArchBrian
  • Ivan
  • Cypher
  • stepsandladders
  • CarpeGuitarrem
6 Likes

Hey, may I sign up?

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’m conflicted. On one hand, I want to play as much yomi as possible. On the other, I feel a tournament like this for newer players really doesn’t need me in it.

2 Likes

Im in! Should be fun.

3 Likes

Maybe you could join and play only low tier chars. Though sometimes some low tier char could be hard to face for new players that have no XP vs them (i.e. BBB or Perse)

4 Likes

Hi, I’d like to put my name in the ring.

Also, I wouldn’t mind someone else to practice with some.

4 Likes

I would NOT want to make someone’s first tournament experience playing against Perse. But maybe I could use it to get more midori or rook practice. Count me in then

3 Likes

Since the 19XX tournament is Fast Timer (boo!) I’d rather sign up for this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sign me up! I could also maybe play a different character than I’m used to. We’ll see

2 Likes

Might follow suit, actually. Would be an interesting chance to learn some Jaina. I’ll think about it…

1 Like

Since when?

It’s not an “official” 19XX, just November’s tournament being run with 19XX bans.

3 Likes

Yeah, put me in. I’ll rep some weirdoes.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing some yomi again recently, wouldn’t mind some spicy tournament action.

Count me in!

3 Likes

I’m interested, sign me up!

3 Likes

Looking my results in last few tournaments and feeling like punching bag, i count myself for a newbie. Sign me in pls.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll hop in and play some characters I’m less well-versed in. Sign me up!

Also happy to set up a time for some 1:1 mentoring with one of the newer players! Shoot me a direct message, and we can set aside a few hours on a weekend to sync up on Discord and chat-and-play.

4 Likes

I’m down to try! I’m totally brand new to Yomi, just got it on sale a few days ago. I get the basics, just need to explore the characters and matchups. If anyone is interested in playing a few rounds I’d love to play against real people more and not just yomibot. Feel free to message me here or in the Discord (same username on all platforms/games)

5 Likes

Alright, I’ll officially enter.

2 Likes