[Tournament] New Blood - Complete

Then I feel Random has it out for me!

3 Likes

Carpe vs @JonnyD
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:

Absolute blast of a set! I’m still making some goofy Jaina decisions but I made up for it with some risky but satisfying callouts. Think I might have a new character in the rotation, just maybe.

3 Likes

Age of Jaina is upon us

4 Likes

stepsandladders vs @vengefulpickle

:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:

A sweep! I had some terrible draws but even when I didn’t the reads were too on point, I couldn’t muster any meaningful offense. ggs!

6 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @TonyHole

:midori::psfist::pschip::lum:
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum:
:midori::pschip::psfist::menelker: - A nice comeback from about 88 - 35.
:midori::psfist::pschip::menelker:

GGs, @TonyHole. Lum’s a hard nut to crack.

2 Likes

One does not simply ignore Yomi for a week and try to play a tournament match.
GGs either way. I absolutely loved you breaking out of a just played dragon form for an unexpected throw in the last game.

3 Likes

Carpe vs @Ivan

GGS! What a set! Games 2 and 3 I ran straight into AA in the first few turns :open_mouth:

4 Likes

vengefulpickle 3 - 2 @Ivan

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::grave:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::grave: - Between this game and the last one, Grave had an extra 50 or 60 live from well places Jokers.
:zane::pschip::psfist::grave: - I think he blocked MA twice in this game?
:persephone::psfist::pschip::grave: - I spent the last 5 or so turns at 22 life, staring down the face of a loaded TPoS, dodge like my life depended on it because I could just survive a throw-into-A.

Hoo, boy, what a set. We had to split the set because we ran over my time allowance, but @ivan was super accommodating. GGs!

4 Likes

migohunter vs @Caralad Winners Finals

:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: I blocked a ton and avoided getting hit by grave’s efficient throw attempts to get a win
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: I only had a 7 block/throw to start. Not good for this matchup so my HP just got whittled away by geiger.
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: His hand was checkmated to bonecracker at the start (except for Q spiral) but I had no idea. He drew out of his awkward hand, drew three silent aces, and killed me with TD.
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: He hit me with TD 7 throw beating my 8 throw to bring me down to 10 HP. Feels bad. I managed to bring his HP down to 30 before dying to another 7 throw

GGs and well played. Damn Geiger is cheap.

4 Likes

Seeing migo and caralad, long-time known veterans, at the top of the new blood tourney feels wrong somehow…

5 Likes

I believe all the vets stuck to their plan of playing low-tier/unfamiliar chars against new players. That said, hard to mitigate so many years of collective experience.

4 Likes

We did have a mutual agreement to go sweaty against each other though.

3 Likes

migohunter vs @vengefulpickle, New Blood Losers Final

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Drawing Two Truths is a good strategy. GGs man, hard to play against Quince when he is so rare in tournament.

2 Likes

Caralad vs @migohunter

:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :menelker:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

Caralad wins 3-2.

I don’t think I’ve ever played a set vs Migo where it hasn’t gone down to the last game. GG’s as always

3 Likes

GGs! I got two parting statements.

1. Thanks for playing everyone! I hope new players that participated won’t be intimidated to play in more tournaments in the future! You have nothing to lose as there’s nothing on the line for tournaments, just a good way to get Yomi play in. Plus it’s a good learning experience.

2. Menelker fucking sucks

6 Likes