[Tournament] Midori's Mentournament Returns [Sat 2nd Dec 9:00PM UTC]

That can work for me.

1 Like

Depending on how many people are actually able to make it tomorrow we might just turn it into a round robin and call off the single-elim bracket

I’m there!

2 Likes

Sorry, I just checked the time today, should’ve done so sooner. It’s 5 AM for me (Hong Kong time), I’ll try to go to sleep early, if I fail I won’t be able to make it, but I’ll let you know in that case.

2 Likes

No worries, I realise you’ve gotten the short end of the stick on this one, hope you’re still able to make it

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I just set my alarm earlier after catching a few in the afternoon, but was told not ruin my sleep rhythm over it. They’re right I guess, but it sucks not to keep to my signup. :frowning:

Have fun you all, hoping it’s a tense tournament!

1 Like

GG everyone, you haven’t seen the last of Zane!

:zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane::zane:

3 Likes

Huge thank you to everyone who participated in the Mentournament I hope it was a useful and fun learning experience for everyone involved.

Massive Congratulations to @ArthurWynne for taking it and big ups to @Ivan for coming second as well, it was really close between the two of you and I was very impressed with both of your play, I’ll be expecting big things in the future.

http://challonge.com/Mentournament2017

Finally a massive thanks to all of the Mentors that were willing to take time out of their schedule’s to help teach the newer players, running this kind of event would be impossible without you.

6 Likes

Hobusu’s Record (correct me if I get any of this wrong, I’m fried after 3.5 hours of Yomi)

Edit @mysticjuicer: In case it wasn’t clear, @ArthurWynne remembered our last game better than me… In my defense, he switched from one green character to another. :sweat_smile:

vs @Prestoff

2-1

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :chibizane:
:chibionimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :chibizane:

vs @MR75

2-1

:chibionimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :chibibbb:
MR had to leave – apparently he didn’t have enough time left for another match, so he was forced to forfeit. I find this ironic, since our second game was the single longest Yomi game I’ve ever played… Wish we could have played one more, but I can’t complain about a free win!

vs @Ivan

0-2

:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:chibionimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:

vs @ArthurWynne

1-2

:chibionimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibiargagarg:
:chibidegrey: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:

2 Likes

Round 1, vs. Prestoff

:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :zane: No respect for the Anarchy.
:jaina: :knockdown: :psfist: :zane: Throws for days, got straight run over
:jaina: :knockdown: :psfist: :zane: MAXIMUM ANARCHY!

Round 2, vs MR

:jaina: :knockdown: :psfist: :bbb:
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :bbb:
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :bbb:

This set is kind of a blur of anti-robot hatred. I do remember the first two games as quite close, and in the last I had absurd draws.

Round 3, vs. Ivan

:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :setsuki: Got badly Queened once, but won about every other combat. Maybe Jaina is the grappler?
:jaina: :knockdown: :psfist: :setsuki: Ivan wasn’t having any of my Unstable Power silliness.
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :setsuki: A close finish to a fast and furious set! Jaina’s Aces are some good.

Round 5, vs. Hobusu:

:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :onimaru: Scouted!
:argagarg: :knockdown: :psfist: :degrey: A New Challenger Appears!!!
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: Tensest match of the whole tournament, a slobberknocker that came down to the very last combat reveal!

3 Likes

Hey everyone!
Sorry for my forfeit but games took too long: well, most of them due to “my fault” :blush: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, but , hey, @SouthpawHare (thank sensei!) teached me that BBB is a patient char! and finally I had to leave.
It was really fun and I’d like to thank everyone for making this. all mentors, all students and @BD_Corro for hosting!

2 Likes

Looking at results, I see some CPs that weren’t supposed to be in student’s chars. Was it fine?

It’s not actually a stables tournament. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mentor said it’s usually in the spirit of the tournament that we pick the characters both the student and mentor agreed to, but there is no “official” rule on it.

Anyways if you would’ve gotten to fight me, you probably could’ve gotten a win against me because I had no idea how to go up against a BBB.

1 Like

At least in my case, I declared all three characters I used yesterday when I signed up… But I only felt like I needed mentoring with Onimaru, so that’s what was shown in the first post (we never got around to practicing Gloria).

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.
First of all, I would like to make it clear that I didn’t mean to be argumentative: I simply wanted to check if there was some restriction or not (I would have held BBB in any case, since I liked the idea of the challenge with him)
Like I said, I found all matches very challenging and funny: all the games that I lost were due to my mistakes or my opponent’s better skill.
Surely there are some MU worse than other, but there’s no 10-0 MU !

Thank again to all participants, surely we’ll meet in future matches!

4 Likes