[Tournament] Lum's Long Odds - Ongoing!

Perse-Grave gives you 4 pts, and Quince-Setsuki gives you 5.5, so final points are 15.5 vs 11.5.

1 Like

Quince-Setsuki would be 4.5. I believe the score would be:

@neigutten 14.5
CKR - 11.5

It is a good thing Yomi is about reading because we struggle with the math.:wink:

4 Likes

lol, you’re right

2 Likes

mysticjuicer vs Castanietzsche

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :quince: (6 pts for MJ)
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :quince: (4 pts for Casta)
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :quince: (5 pts for Casta)
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :quince: (3 pts for MJ)
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina: (5.5 pts for MJ)

mysticjuicer 14.5 - 9 pts Castanietzsche

ggs! your Quince had my head spinning!

3 Likes

@mysticjuicer vs Castanietzsche
14.5 - 9
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::quince:
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::quince:
:quince::pschip::psfist::quince:
:troq::psfist::pschip::quince:
:troq::psfist::pschip::jaina:

mysticjuicer wins !
ggs ! :smiley:

3 Likes

Standings after Week 1

1. Leontes: 19
  2. variable: 19
  3. FaceOnMars: 19
  4. Niijima-San: 18
  5. ArthurWynne: 17.5
  6. mastrblastr: 17
  7. Ivan: 17
  8. Fusxfaranto: 15.5
  9. Southpaw Hare: 15
  10. mysticjuicer: 14.5
  11. neigutten: 14.5
  12. vengefulpickle: 12
  13. Hamvvar: 12
  14. CKR: 11.5
  15. MysticDeadman: 11.5
  16. MR: 10.5
  17. Hobusu: 9.5
  18. Castanietzsche: 9
  19. snoc: 8
  20. flagrantangles: 6
  21. UTRALAW: 5.5
  22. GutterOwl: 5
  23. thehug0naut: 5
  24. Three Headed Monkey: 0

Week 2 Matchups

Leontes/variable
FaceOnMars/Neiijima-san
ArthurWynne/mastrblastr
Ivan/Fusxfaranto
Southpaw Hare/mysticjuicer
neigutten/vengefulpickle
Hamvvar/CKR
MysticDeadman/MR75
Hobusu/Castanietzsche
snoc/flagrantangles
UTRALAW/GutterOwl
thehug0naut/ThreeHeadedMonkey

Week 2 Results

1. MR75: 25.5
  2. GutterOwl: 25
  3. Niijima-san: 22.5
  4. Castanieczsche: 22
  5. Ivan: 18
  6. neigutten: 16
  7. CKR: 16
  8. thehug0naut: 15
  9. Leontes: 15
  10. snoc: 14.5
  11. mastrblastr: 14
  12. SouthPawHare: 14
  13. flagrantangles: 11
  14. ArthurWynne: 10.5
  15. ThreeHeadedMonkey: 10
  16. vengefulpickle: 9
  17. mysticjuicer: 9
  18. Fusxfaranto: 5.5
  19. Hobusu: 4
  20. UTRALAW: 0
  21. MysticDeadman: 0
  22. FaceOnMars: 0
  23. variable: 0
  24. Hamvvar: 0

Running Standings

1. Niijima-San: 40.5
  2. MR: 36
  3. Ivan: 35
  4. Leontes: 34
  5. mastrblastr: 31
  6. Castanietzsche: 31
  7. neigutten: 30.5
  8. GutterOwl: 30
  9. Southpaw Hare: 29
  10. ArthurWynne: 28
  11. CKR: 27.5
  12. mysticjuicer: 23.5
  13. snoc: 22.5
  14. Fusxfaranto: 21
  15. vengefulpickle: 21
  16. thehug0naut: 20
  17. variable: 19
  18. FaceOnMars: 19
  19. flagrantangles: 17
  20. Hobusu: 13.5
  21. Hamvvar: 12
  22. MysticDeadman: 11.5
  23. Three Headed Monkey: 10
  24. UTRALAW: 5.5

Stats

Stats are on hold until I automate something off of @mysticjuicers spreadsheet, they’re too much work.

3 Likes

Hahaha! This is apparently the year that Southpaw Hare and I commit fully to our anime rivalry. Ten times we’ve met in tournament, and four of them are just this year.

7 Likes

snoc vs @flagrantangles

:valerie::psfist::pschip::quince: MASSIVE 40+ damage combo got jokered, but I managed to close it out anyway. Vortex never really got off the ground here. (snoc 5.5-0 flagrantangles)
:valerie::pschip::psfist::persephone: OK the vortex worked this time, ow (snoc 5.5-5.5 flagrantangles)
:valerie::pschip::psfist::persephone: Super awkward opening hand, and all 3 Qs I saw got milled, feels bad (snoc 5.5-11 flagrantangles)
:valerie::psfist::pschip::persephone: Got a 33 damage throw in early, sat on massive lifelead all game. (snoc 10-11 flagrantangles)
:valerie::psfist::pschip::persephone: Another fairly comfortable win. (snoc 14.5-11 flagrantangles)

snoc wins 14.5-11!

GGs flagrantangles as ever, was fun to play! Except when you discarded all my cards.

Video uploading below:

6 Likes

Castanietzsche vs @Hobusu

22.0 - 4.0 Castanietzsche wins !

:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: 6.0 - 0 :blackarrow: I tried to play an aggressive :jaina: Yomi without paying too much attention I was facing :setsuki:. I drew tons of blocks and throws so was finally forced to slow my play down, thing that maybe surprised my opponent. We both got really lucky on :black_joker: this game, me avoiding an huge combo and him a bunch of aces following a dodge up.
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey: 6.0 - 4.0 :blackarrow: I tried to play as few throws than I could, even knowing he had Aces in hand. I won few rounds but my card advantage (thanks to throwing so few) helped me making these effective ! Still lost thought, but wasn’t that a rampage if I remember well :slight_smile:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: 11.0 - 4.0 :blackarrow: I tried the :turtle: Midori, hopefully Hobusu drew very few 7’s and throws !
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: 16.5 - 4.0 :blackarrow: really crazy donkey zone match ! was really close ! :open_mouth:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: 22.0 - 4.0 :blackarrow: more academic one on the first part, and then I powered up 2 aces from 3 2’s :smile_cat: really close match too ! I don’t think I would have won this one without having been so lucky to draw 2 jokers on my first hand !

Thanks and ggs for the games, these were really tense and I got a lot a fun playing with you ! :smile_cat: cat: GL with the rest of the tournament ! :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Mastrblastr vs @ArthurWynne
:chibidegrey: > :argagarg:
:degrey: > :midori:
:degrey: > :jaina:
:degrey: < :jaina:
:gloria: < :jaina:
Mastrblastr 14 @ArthurWynne 10.5

GGs!

4 Likes

Beat me to it Very good games.

Although, the ones I won felt a lot closer than the ones I lost… :wink:

1 Like

I played @vengefulpickle today ^^

Jaina vs Vendetta: 0-1 - 0-4
Jaina vs Vendetta: 1-1 - 6-4
Jaina vs Persephone: 1-2 - 6-9
Jaina vs Persephone: 2-2 - 11-9
Jaina vs Persephone: 3-2 - 16-9

I was playing Jaina all the time ^^

It felt like the start of the game meant a lot, if I could get some J’s on your blocks, and avoid the counter pokes, I was doing fine. And in the first match I felt oh so fine hitting your K with my J starter and doing KKK, 6 as a follow-up. Without getting low on cards, and that is what Jaina is about ^^

4 Likes

GutterOwl 5-0 against @UTRALAW

:persephone::psfist::knockdown::grave:
pretty standard starter, I think? i don’t remember this match??? look I have like 320 kb storage in my brain i’m sorry

:persephone::psfist::knockdown::jaina:
mad scramble at bottom of the life barrel. utra drops 3 embers in the bin in like the first three turns, which ends up eating at least 22 perse life. (tfw you do-as-told an embers activation.) missed a checkmate because i thought jaina had AA, but pulled it out next turn out on a cold throw-dodge read.

:persephone::psfist::knockdown::menelker:
i played very very scared of bonecrackers, and took some heavy lumps for my trouble. but thankfully the oblivions didn’t come out until late, and mostly ran smack into do-as-tolds. lost the jokers, but not the aces, and persewheeled back to victory.

:persephone::psfist::knockdown::geiger:
i think i was just in utra’s head. so was perse, cuz a mistress’s command ate a temp-dist and a joker. utra eventually got quad-a online, and we played chicken with the trigger. he got me with one, but I bluffed the facedown and only ate 20. eventually he had me checkmated on negligible life with temp-dist and AA, but he didn’t believe, and a yolo throw stole the game.

:persephone::psfist::knockdown::degrey:
mistress’s command into 4488KJoker, followed by bare-your-soul into A72. WELP.

so that’s 4.0+5.0+5.5+4.5+6.0 for 25.0, right? someone check me, i am notoriously bad at simple addition.

good luck in the rest of the tourney, utra.

11 Likes

GGs Girl! This is the second time we faced and i felt like you were in my head the WHOLE time!!! That last game with Degrey drain my soul i felt empty inside. Looking forward to facing you again hopefully i have will have learn from my past :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

MR vs @MysticDeadman

:persephone::psfist::pschip::rook:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::gwen:

1st and 2nd game were key games for this set.
1st: MD misclick DAT counter vs his K and let me 2–>AA (and next 4 card dominance), then I managed to win the game, but surely misclick gave him some measure of salt.
2nd: unexpected comeback from 84hp vs 4hp (cards on my side!)

Then 3rd game as a balanced one, we ran down of cards (5 left in rook’s deck) at 12hp vs 6hp and guessed right to throw him.

Then set ended: 4th and 5th games MD played with no intersest in them (both conceded at half game time)

I think that total points are: 4,5 + 4,5 + 4,5 + 6 + 6 = 25.5 (- 0), right?

GGs MD
I’m sorry that you played so salty, best of luck in the next sets

6 Likes

thehug0naut vs @ThreeHeadedMonkey
:grave::pschip::psfist::rook: 0-5 I need 10s to play vs Rook
:grave::psfist::pschip::rook:. 5-5 Reveal Q to goad rock armor then play TPoS into it because I’m that much of a dick
:grave::pschip::psfist::onimaru: 5-10 I’m too scared to throw oni
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru: 9-10 Yes I CPd but I like winning
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::zane: 15-10 3HP comeback!

thehug0naut wins 15-10!

GGS dude, great set!

Edit: Now with points (I think I did it right!)

5 Likes

Aaaagh that comeback! Very well played, mate.

2 Likes

I can’t believe the points some people are gett8ng this round. Unbelievable! How can someone beat 25?

1 Like

Oh right me vs. faceonmars

:chibivendetta: :psfist::pschip: :chibilum: x5 for 27 p-

Wait, Vendetta wins that mu in the historical chart? How the fu…

Oh right. Dammit.

So 22.5 points I guess.

6 Likes

Leontes vs. variable

:midori::psfist::knockdown::gloria:

Leontes wins 15-0!

I think I might have to not lead :midori: anymore in case you meanies keep “counterpicking me”, though variable did not think the matchup was that bad, and instead complimented me for my sick reads.

I will assert that yes, the matchup IS that bad :wink: But I don’t want to play it anymore this tournament! 15-0 for a 5-0? UGH!

ggs!

EDIT: I am seeing some 22+ point games for 5-0. RIP :midori: :gloria: matchup T_T

at least let me counterpick myself after winning

7 Likes