cpat 3-1 Ivan
:zane: > :onimaru:
:zane: < :troq:
:jaina: > :troq:
:jaina: > :geiger:

GGs!

6 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @Castanietzsche
:geiger::psfist::pschip::geiger: Temporal Distortion is, you know, gamebreaking.
:geiger::psfist::pschip::zane: I just had the reads and a really good hand with which to capitalize on them.
:geiger::pschip::psfist::zane: I got my tenders handed to me. I tried to make a TD comeback at the end but I made a bad decision that was functionally just me choosing how to lose.
:geiger::psfist::pschip::zane: This one was rocky for me. I didn’t have many blocks so it was hard to build a hand, but I did end up being able to power up for Cycloid when I really needed it and that helped tremendously. This was probably the closet game and it really came down to the wire!

GGs Casta!

5 Likes

My first game of Yomi in months, how did it go?

ArthurWynne vs @CKR
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :zane: Troq does Troq things, despite excellent “Walk up and Anarchy” ploy.
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :onimaru:
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :geiger: Very tense endgame!

Final result: 3-0 to ArthurWynne.

7 Likes

Caralad vs @_ed

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: - When you draw 7 dodges, it’s hard not to win
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: - Very close game. I held back a few times from playing BU raw when it would have worked, then I played AA and it got dodges
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

GG’s Ed. Good luck in the future rounds

2 Likes

cpat 3-1 Caralad
:jaina: > :troq:
:jaina: > :geiger:
:jaina: < :geiger:
:zane: > :geiger:

Really weird draws. GGs.

4 Likes

Recorded the match with commentary, but couldn’t reply under the Yomi Gameplay thread thanks to no more than three consecutive replys

2 Likes

vengefulpickle 3 - 2 @Nopethebard

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::rook:
:degrey::pschip::psfist::rook:
:lum::psfist::pschip::rook:
:lum::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:lum::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

GGs! Your Rook is terrifying. Apparently, the only way I have to beat it is the spectre of out-of-combat damage.

Video is coming, as soon as I can edit out the long pauses in a couple of games.

4 Likes

That Coin gave me so much trouble.

1 Like

Southpaw Hare vs @Castanietzsche

:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 2 Castanietzsche
Southpaw Hare wins!

Very close set. Thanks for the games!

5 Likes
Game @Cypher vs. @migohunter
Round 1 :onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
Round 2 :onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
Round 3 :onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
Round 4 :geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:

Cypher wins, 3-1

• Round 1 – My opponent and I were both “out of shape” when it came to Yomi, but I was playing the more straightforward character. I blocked one of Quince’s Aces for 2 chip damage, and I think that was the only damage I took for the entire round and got my throw duffed by a Q in the endgame, but was otherwise rather lucky with the combat reveals. The midgame slowed down quite a bit, as I spent a lot of time blocking to wait-out Quince’s dodges. In the end, the Clockwork Soldiers that Onimaru had attached throughout the game chunked Quince’s life-total enough that a lucky throw closed it out.

• Round 2 – This was a much closer game, with excellent use of Aces from Quince. Quince gets a lot of card-draw going, not just from Two Truths but from Onimaru paying a lot of Flagstone Tax, as well. Still, Onimaru manages to chunk Quince enough times, and land enough pumped throws, that I take the second game as well.

• Round 3 – This time, Quince turns the tables in addition to turning his cards. Stuffing Onimaru’s attempts to Guard Crush using his Aces, calling out the times I try to block away his dodges by adding more throws into his range, and even getting a little vortex action. Textbook game by Quince and it leads to a convincing victory for him.

• Round 4 – Well, I get to counterpick, and it’s a perfect opportunity to use my favorite Persephone! Do I do it? No, I turn to the dark-side and just grab the most lopsided counterpick I can. After all, all those 19XX and Salary Cap tournaments are making playing the top-tiers a pretty rare treat! To his credit, my opponent keeps me from building a decent-sized hand (I don’t think Geiger successfully blocks anything, the entire round). Eventually, I draw enough stealthy face-cards that it’s Temporal Distortion time. I set up the first Temporal Distortion with a dodge into Flash Gear for the knockdown, but it’s quickly disabled. After playing the second Temporal Distortion I’m left with a hand of 7 cards (6 time spirals and one Joker), and after having backed myself into a corner with no actual choices to make, I get extremely lucky and actually land the Fast Time Spiral into a 53 damage combo from a 7 card hand for the win.

GG;WP to my opponent! It was fun to get back into the swing of things, and the games were definitely action-packed!

4 Likes

Pretty sure I did more than 2 damage game 1. And that Geiger game, well what can I say except that he’s an incredibly fair character.

But yea, GG and well played with Oni

3 Likes

CKR over Ivan 3-2

:zane:> :grave:
:zane:< :troq: (x2)
:zane:> :troq: (x2)

ggs.

4 Likes

I checked the replay, and you’re right! I’ll make the edit, sorry for the poor memory!

1 Like

No worries!

1 Like

That is OK. All my victories were perfects when I use my selective memory. At least you allowed for two damage. LOL.

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @CarpeGuitarrem
:degrey: > :jaina: x3

first game i cruised, 2nd was very close and i won only because i correctly sniffed out a joker, and 3rd game i just threw 4 straight times when he had to be thinking “surely he won’t throw again”

GGs!

4 Likes

I was playing so scared of K in that third game…and so hesitant to go aggressive into an Ace dodge

2 Likes

Caralad vs @CKR
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina: - Why are we here, just to suffer
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

GGs

7 Likes