[Tournament] IYL6 Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports and Results

This group is apparently a Death Trap!

2 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @desiderata, 3-0

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

GGs! Games 1 and 2 went down to the wire, extremely close.

Game 2 I had NO face cards till I had like 30~ cards left in the deck where I finally drew a singular Q but I managed to win with the help of consentā€¦ and lots of blocking.

Game 3, I abused K spin and patriot mirror to victory after Desi spent all his 7 throws and an 8 throw too early.

Quince is a tricky character and it helped that he was unfamiliar with the matchup. Keep improving and good luck in your future games!

7 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @ThreeHeadedMonkey, 3-2

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:codexjaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Game one was pretty back and forth until late game when I was able to get my vortex running and win.

Game two was a stomp. My opening hand was all face cards and 2s and I drew no blocks; THM sniffed it out and punished me till I had a severe life deficit. I attempted to run it back for a bit but alas I ran out of resources and guessed wrong.

Game three was pretty clinical by THM and unfortunately I drew no jokers to mitigate scary zane damage.

Game four I decided to ride out the rest of the set with Jaina. This time I was able to gain the upper handā€¦ till I had less than 50 HP and THM powered up for two aces. I managed to navigate the MA endgame and had a joker as backup. MA only became truly real the last two turns.

Game five THM stuck to his guns with zane which I definitely respected since he had some strong reads on him. This time my deck helped me out with a healthy amount of throws, 2 aces and 2 queens. Thatā€™s in addition to getting 2 aces from a succesful unstable power throw. From there it was a game of ā€œwhen to throw zane and do 30+ damageā€ which I managed to succesfully pull off.

Good games! What a brutal slugfest that was.

11 Likes

LTH 3-0 Fivec
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

ggs, Fivec, it was well played, especially the tight almost-comeback in game 3

6 Likes

The hypest set in recent memory. The scoops are real (SUPLEX OF SCIENCE)

4 Likes

Yeah, except for the part where I didnā€™t come back.

Fine, sorry, almost comeback. :stuck_out_tongue:
Still, you had a ~50 life deficit and a trash hand and took me down to 8 through a joker, I think thatā€™s pretty damn impressive, all the same.

5 Likes

sharpobject vs @Bryce_The_Rice, 3-2

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Drawing good cards helps you win!

Thanks for playing even after I didnā€™t reply forever!!

7 Likes

That definitely one hell of a set! Cross at myself for some of my choices there, and playing into some of your traps. But they were very well done! The Jaina - Zane games were super tense. So easy to second guess decisions! Well played for a deserved win.

2 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @UTRALAW, 3-1

:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

Games were pretty wack, first game almost tilted me to oblivion but then I regained composure and won by thinking about ā€œhey maybe heā€™ll play this to try and dump handā€ and throwing at random times.

GGs

8 Likes

Say it one more time for the people in the back.

9 Likes

I THREW THIS MAN. A LOT.

I have to add this sentence or else I get an error message and canā€™t post.

7 Likes

LTH 3-1 Sharpobject
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:geiger: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:

GGs to sharpo who has been incredibly patient with me this week m(_ _)m

5 Likes

everyone knows HOW to beat her. Nobody thinks itā€™s fun.

5 Likes

Me vs Sharpobject

I win, 3-1

Quince < Gloria A game that I had every right to win yet I lost nonetheless. A good game
Zane > Gloria mmhmm
Zane > Geiger x2 I just did Zane things. Not once did I feel like I was being especially skillful, yet I won nonetheless.

5 Likes

Me vs. fivec

I win, 3-0

Valerie > Setsuki x3 The only time in memory that I have beaten fivec in a straight set, real name no gimmicks (two trailer park girls go round the outside).

5 Likes

Bomber678 and lowtierhero are both issued a loss by TO decision.

NB: The Challonge page will not really handle this cleanly (as I can only issue a tie there), but the standings in the OP are correct.

Copper versus migohunter
3-2

:menelker::psfist::pschip::menelker: I fucking did it. I hate this matchup
:menelker::pschip::psfist::quince: Here it is. Iā€™d rather lose this matchup than fight Menelker.
:menelker::psfist::pschip::quince: empty his hand good strat
:menelker::pschip::psfist::quince: : I lost many combats, ended with K throw checkmates
:menelker::psfist::pschip::quince: He duffed a DSD and got me to 10 health while he still had 90, but I started to land cards and empty his hand. A super unfortunate timer-play led to him playing a 9-throw in an awkward spot, and I carried the momentum to the end. Sorry migo :frowning:

7 Likes

Bomber678 3-1 Niijima-san

:geiger::pscrash::pschip::onimaru: ā€œJust draw your good cards, donā€™t draw any of the bad ones.ā€
:geiger::pschip::pscrash::vendetta: Iā€™m not as good as Ryker.
:grave::pscrash::pschip::vendetta: Force him to Acro then hit him with the straight.
:grave::pscrash::pschip::menelker: This one was close! I dodged a DSD, but managed to exploit Niijima-sanā€™s low hand in the end game.

I had fun! I hope you did too. There was some real tension there.

7 Likes

I will say I had SOME fun. The first game was kind of annoying, but that was more because i just donā€™t like Onimaru. The second game I thought was plenty fun (I love Ven vs Geiger and my record in that MU speaks for itself). I had fun in the last mu tooā€¦ or would have if I wasnā€™t so angry about the ven x Grave game. Getting hit sucks. Getting hit by dumb stuff (twice) sucks even more.

6 Likes