[Tournament] IYL6 Flagstone City - Match Reports and Results

Definitely!! Did you record those?

2 Likes

I have got the tapes.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see it with your life reactions

2 Likes

Sadly it wonā€™t be live reactions. Juicer does commentary over the top after the fact for games he played in.

3 Likes

Sadly true. I neglected to turn my camera on, so I donā€™t have the player-cam footage. Just assume I was sweating and shaking anytime any Aces were powered up for at any stage of the game, because I was.

3 Likes

DAMMIT. ok fine still canā€™t wait to see.

Still sad that I couldnā€™t get one.

2 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-0 vs @CKR
:geiger::psfist::pschip::zane:

I was tired of getting murdered as Quince versus Zane so I decided to switch it up. I have normally shied away from playing this MU because the first time I played it was against ratxt1 and he stomped me into the ground. However, I decided that I like playing Geiger and heā€™s got good stuff against Zane. Mostly, I just didnā€™t play exclusively for TD and just played for Aces since both sides are quite good against Zane. It worked out for me. However, each game got progressively harder as I could practically feel the tension rising as CKR readjusted his play. The final game was quite close but I decided to just play the goddamned Flash Gear. It worked. GGs CKR! Youā€™re a player Iā€™m always very concerned about playing since I donā€™t have a good record against you or your powerful Zane.

7 Likes

CKR over @Leontes 3-1

All :zane: vs :midori:

ggs.

5 Likes

Good set CKR. Extremely upsetting ending for me, though; I played dQ into a 15 HP Zane and then quickly realized that if he has a Crash Bomb, he should 100% play it then. With no way to undo the card, sure enough dQ hits the Crash Bomb putting him to 1 HP. I have over 50 health, but my hand is checkmated by Odd normal, so he gets 9Q9J. Iā€™m still checkmated by Odd normal, so he plays another one into lethal. Sigh.

It just hurts especially because I wanted to pull my card back and couldnā€™t, and then took over 60 damage that I couldnā€™t prevent at all. Ughhh.

2 Likes

I had the joker. I was debating on whether to throw into J for knockdown or K. I was leaning towards throw, then I decided to use the K. Your Q most definitely would have been better to use in the upcoming KD scenario. Any other attack/block would have probably been better options at that time with a Q in reserve.

2 Likes

@Leontes , you was most certainly not in checkmate. You used your 4 for a facedown. You was at 5hp and I was at 1hp. I had another K in hand. That would give me a chip victory, but I was worried about a 4 attack or J. I thought for sure that you had something because of that bluff. I took a 50/50 (I wasnā€™t sure about your lack of odd blocks) shot to win and almost certainly not lose because by your reaction I was almost certain that you didnā€™t have another Q.

2 Likes

Well yeah, thatā€™s what I meant. You shouldnā€™t go for K there because I could have attacked out, but normal attack was nearly 0% risk at that point (other than me blocking right and getting up).

I had to draw a Joker or Q to survive at that point. My sadness was that I wanted to take the Q back, and that I had over 50 health and died to extremely safe options >_<

Not trying to discount your play or anything. Iā€™m upset I didnā€™t try to cross up both of your blocks on your wakeup; that would have changed the set dramatically.

I definitely deserved to lose this one.

3 Likes

Me vs good ol @mysticjuicer

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :troq: In hindsight, just donā€™t play to the mirror of a more experienced opponent
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :troq: Thatā€™s more like it!
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: Big sword smash tiny ninja!
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: THAT FREAKING JOKER. Emptied my hand with a dodge into lethal. :disappointed_relieved:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: Finally took control and reeled it in.

Ggs!

5 Likes

CKR over @Rinzler 3-1

All :zane: vs :rook:

ggs.

4 Likes

Creator and Destroyer made me a very sad man. I probably lost close to 20 aces.

2 Likes

That was the game plan. If you know a man likes CMB, let him power up to create the aces. Ignore AA. Then, promptly destroy them. I can see how it would be disheartening. I would have been very impressed if you would have been able to pull off the win with that strat. I do like your style, though.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was definitely having a ton of fun. Almost every hand refresh gave me the cards to power back up so I took it as fate.

2 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-2 versus @JonnyD
:quince::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:quince::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:quince::pschip::psfist::grave:
:quince::pschip::psfist::grave:
:quince::psfist::pschip::grave:

Iā€™ll try to write some thoughts down later, but right now Iā€™m short on time!

5 Likes

Fluffy 3-2 @CarpeGuitarrem

:gloria::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::onimaru:

GGs

5 Likes

CKR over @JonnyD 3-0

:zane: > :grave:
:zane: > :grave: