11 Rinzler 4-8 20-30 40.0 4
12 vengefulpickle 3-9 16-29 35.6 3
wampuh 2-6 13-22 37.1

Scheduled Matches:
None

4 Likes
Match Rules
  • Mid timer
  • Spectators can see hands is recommended off, can be on if both players agree
  • Rules enforced
  • Double Blind character selection for the first game
  • Standard Counterpick rules (Loser of last game may pick a different character, winner is locked to the same character)
  • No random character select (you may randomly pick your character, but you cannot declare “Random” as your character, and proceed to randomly switch your character after games you win)
  • Players are allowed one five minute break and three pause of thirty seconds or less, unless both players agree to allow it. Violations will result in a forfeit, if the other player chooses to take it.
  • A double K.O. results in a replay, with no win or loss to either player
  • In the event of a server crash, that individual match or round will not count and must be replayed
  • Regular season matches are best-of-5
1 Like

Any announcements and/or rules changes will be posted here.

RULES CHANGE: We’ve had some dropouts in this league, so in order to keep the playoff seeding fair, we’re changing the mechanics slightly. As before, seeds 1-3 will be the top player from each league, 4-6 will be the second players, and so on. Within that group, however, players will be ordered by their match win percentage in played matches, to normalize for the fact that different players may have played different actual number of non-forfeit matches.

Scheduled Matches:
4/30, 8:00pm EDT - CKR vs. flagrantangles
5/1, 10:00pm EDT - vengefulpickle vs. FaceOnMars

2 Likes

@CarpeGuitarrem
@CKR
@FaceOnMars
@FenixOfTheAshes
@flagrantangles
@Fluffiness
@Hobusu
@JonnyD
@Leontes
@mysticjuicer

(Promise I didn’t put three IYL champions into one division on purpose.)

4 Likes

@Rinzler
@vengefulpickle
@wampuh

2 Likes

What kind of murder tank division is this?!

5 Likes

Gotta watch out for that avalanche

1 Like

I was triggered by my Flagstone City division three IYLs ago

S E N D H E L P

2 Likes

Saw VII: Maximum Carnage

1 Like

Wait a minute. I was in charge of the IYL back then. Now, I am in a division with three previous champions. My tinfoil hat alarm bells are sounding off. Dammit, there ain’t no mountain high enough. Bring it on.

7 Likes

Just wanted to motivate you enough so we can look back at this division years ahead and see four IYL champions in it

6 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 0 FaceOnMars

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:

ggs sir

5 Likes

I have been working on improving my game but still slip into amiable dunce mode during tournament matches. I would at least like to inflict some damage as opponents step over me. All my life choices are bad today.

4 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @wampuh
:quince::psfist::pschip::rook: - He opens aggressively and I mostly just block until my hand is nice and juicy. We do some scrapping and mostly trade moderately evenly. I notice that he keeps attacking into my K-Spins and so keep playing them honestly. With Positive Spin and Patriot Mirror, I begin to eke out a lead. Two truths delivers me from evil by keeping my hand nice and perky. Near the end, I spin another K and tax throws. I toss out a 5 to see if it lands. It runs right into a Windmill Crusher. I follow it up with a straight and pick up an Ace. Wampuh powers up for Aces and I have some SUSPICIONS. I spin a Q and play it honestly. It honestly bonks a Checkmate Buster. I combo into a 6 for lethal.
:quince::pschip::psfist::rook: - I got utterly bodied here. He got a lead in the beginning and kept me on the back foot until I landed a 7-attack to deny the perfect. It wasn’t enough and I D I E D.
:quince::psfist::pschip::rook: We block for a bit before he snatches me with a K-throw. After that, he hits me good and fast with a Thunderclap into 10 combo. After that, I bonk out two throws with Queens, which helps me even up the life totals. I start feeling pretty confident as I get the vortex up and running and then I’m suddenly on the back foot. I spin a K and then reveal Queen hoping to punch out another throw. It runs into a block and I get chip so I spin a J and then use my known K to throw. He catches wise to my shenanigans and counter throws me. I figure I’ve got ACES. Let’s use them. I get E N T A N G L E D. I gold burst on wake up to beat out CMB and pick up my aces again. I figure he means to throw my cowardly buns so I toss out a 5 attack. It hits his six. He lays down a FD. I decide to play my CotG to MURDER him. He blue bursts it and I’m not happy, but I’ve got a spin so I’m not worried. I spin my J and then throw with a 9. I get walloped in the mouth with a TJT combo. I attack desperately with a three and undercut his 4. He Rock Armors and I do some calculations. I’m at 22 points of damage so I can’t die. I don’t joker and he combos into a Q+. I’m at 4 life and worried. I spin J and then I draw 2 Truths. I pick up another Jack and a Queen. I play the Jack honestly this time and he Stone Walls me. We’re back in neutral. I do the only reasonable thing. I gold burst again and get two more aces. Due to a power up earlier and the final one I topdeck, I have all of them in hand. I spin J, tax blocks, and then play CotG to take the game.
:quince::psfist::pschip::rook: Due to a technical flub, wampuh simultaneously reveals and destroys the CMB he had put together by discarding an Ace after the powerup phase. He gets some damage in by crushing some windmills but then I dodge his wily thunderclap. It helps that while I have been conditioned to believe that he will attack into K-Spins, I’m open to the possibility that he will start throwing. I spin a King and then toss out a 6, which defeats CMB and then combos into a delicious 7Q++. And then I do it again. 60 damage in 2 combats is PRUY GUD. Not to mention stuffing CMB. I use 2 Truths to reload my hand and pick up another 67Q. I didn’t have enough bravery to play it again and he tosses my finally honest K-spin. That doesn’t keep me down, however. I immediately throw while KD and catch his block. I combo into Q++ leaving him at 9 life. I spin my K and then play Patriot Mirror. It hits and down goes the mighty wampuh.

GGs, wampuh. You are the bravest, truest boulder I’ve ever encountered. All other stones will be measured against your legacy.

9 Likes

WAMPUH NO! Not the CMB flub ;_;

6 Likes

Stream vod for me vs flaggles for anybody that wants an insight to how to play rook

3 Likes

This post was better without the edit

4 Likes

Hi Flagstone City, Week 2 matches have been sent out. Please note that the due date for these matches is actually March 25th, 11:00pm EDT (3/26, 3am UTC), not March 18th.

Week 1 matches are due March 19th at 12:00am EDT, 4am UTC (by the end of Sunday, US time).

1 Like

@FenixOfTheAshes vs. @Hobusu

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

I win 3-2. Close set, ggs and good luck, we’ve got a rough division :open_mouth:

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 vs 2 Fluffiness

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:

ggs man

4 Likes