[Tournament] IYL6 Dreadlands - Match Reports and Results

That’s the plan, but at this point a lot of other matches will also need to break my way. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Snoc vs Kraetyz
3 - 0
All games Sets vs Arg.

2 Likes

Got to switch out of Arg vs Sets, especially when it’s snoc playing her! That match-up is all kinds of terrible.

R9

MR vs @Attilian 3-2

:grave::timer_clock::pschip::grave:
Mirror! Really balanced mirror. BB his TPoS, guessed right some crucial combat, taking a little life advantage till deckout.

:grave::psfist::pschip::troq:
Here I had an awful early game: I slammed my J into his J, then he threw me a lot and buffed my throw attempt with 456. He took me down to 4hp vs about 70hp, but…nevergiveup in Yomi! Troq ran on low cards, and I hit back with a throw, then 6–>TPoS, then Q for exactly 10dmg victory

:grave::pschip::psfist::troq:
Another awful start (deja vu???), after J, I “blocked” his K, then slammed another J into a J, then A into a Q, etc, etc… and this time he beated me wtih no mercy, (I think I dealt only 15-20 total dmg)

:grave::pschip::timer_clock::troq:
Wait! 1st turn J into J again!!! I’ll never learn the lesson… Here the game was quite balanced, but I felt like he drove the game, till the final deckout.

:bbb::timer_clock::pschip::troq:
So robo-satan try. Another long and tense game, with many back and forth. When we were about 40hp (me) vs 32hp, I set raw K range and I felt game was mine: set OD, expecting to deal a good 16dmg Q (he was out of Qs and As) with a dodge in hand too, for next turn. Nothing more wrong, I forgot GB that duly came out = 0dmg and close range…
Gotta slammed down to 8hp vs 21 hp and I set another range: but we were near to deckout (6-7 cards on his side, with 1 Joker still up, and I was out of Qs and Ks). So I decided to block to come out of long range, to try my close range AA. He blocked my first try, then blodge, then GB my throw attempt (2 cards left): so it was 50/50. We both had AA (known). I threw again and caught his block into A for 18dmg, and 8hp vs 3hp deckout!!!

That was an incredible long and tense set.
Respect and GGs!

8 Likes

Three timeouts in one set? That’s some sloooooow yomi.

7 Likes

Fixed some comment.
I’m quite tilted yesterday for the looooong set and I mixed up some games :smile:
(in last game I wrote he GB 3 times: unless he cheated I think it’s not possible :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

@MysticDeadman conceded our match to me. :o

2 Likes

Caralad vs @Attilian

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :troq:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

GG’s Attilian

4 Likes

R10

MR vs @Ivan 3-1

:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie:
Long, tense (quite usual when we meet each other :smile:), and quite balanced game.
We ran down almost till deckout: 5hp vs 6hp, Grave was out of Qs and Valerie had 3 Qs still up with 8 cards left. However, luck was on my side, since Q didn’t come out and I caught his dodge with my last T throw.

:grave::psfist::pschip::geiger:
Here I got a great start. I took him down 90hp vs 6hp (first hand AA, then PU for 3rd one, almost a silent TPoS that hit unexpected on dodge follow up), then stop. He made a scary comeback till 37hp vs 4hp, when finally my 8 throw outspeed his 9 throw!

:grave::pschip::psfist::midori:
Balanced game till half life for both of us, then I made a big mistake, countering his 2 (even if I knew he had two of them) and running out of options (only face cards in hand). I was duly heavy punished.

:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori:
Robosatan here made his duty

Finally I manage to win a match vs you, mate!
I almost lost memories of how many times you beated me!

Respect and GGs!

4 Likes

Arthur Wynne vs Attilian

:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :grave:
:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :grave:
:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq:

These games all blur a little together for me - a long and intricate chess game of mutually known triple-A supers and resource management. We both got our tools in a timely manner, but I had perhaps a smidge better draws, particularly in the last game.

All three games went almost to time and all three games could have gone either way, but throughout the barrage of TPoS and Beasts Unleashed in these three very long, close and strategic games, I was the one who hit (the few times anyone did) and did not get hit - and, perhaps most importantly, had the Jokers when I needed them.

Final result 3-0 to Arthur Wynne.

GGs, Attilian, this set was awesome.

4 Likes

Did @variable forfeit vs @snoc?

1 Like

Dreadlands, R10, @snoc vs. variable:

variable forfeits this round to snoc!

Paging @cpat to make sure this is how this is supposed to be done!

It’s already been counted. I was going to post tomorrow after the deadline.

2 Likes

Alrighty, that sounds good! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

R13
MR vs @Caralad 3-2

:grave::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:grave::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:grave::pschip::psfist::menelker:

We played this match immediately after his set vs @Ivan: since he couldn’t go for flawless series (12-0), he decided to go on “crazy mode”.
Well, I don’t really know what’s scarier: his ultra solid Troq or this “crazy mode”…
All games were down to the wire and really crazy (g1, I hit with known TPoS and immediately next turn he hit with a raw known DSD… have DSD, play DSD…).
I got really good luck in g5: watching the replay, on two KtO turns, when I showed A/D, he drew tempting 7s, that met my KA and then my K+A.

Respect and GGs

7 Likes

What were the results of @Ivan vs @Caralad?

3-0 to him, all his degrey vs my troq

1 Like

Ivan vs Caralad - 3:0
:degrey::psfist::pschip::troq:
GGs, mate. Good Set.
P.S. Hope @Caralad win the league, so i can praise myself that i win over the great winner with 3:0 :wink:
Good luck in the playoffs, mate.

7 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @MysticDeadman

:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :lum:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :lum:
:bbb: :pschip::pschip: :bbb: :psgem: Ranged Normal Poke Double KO! :psgem:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :bbb:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :setsuki:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 1 MysticDeadman
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

ArthurWynne vs Ivan