[Tournament] IYL6 Dreadlands - Match Reports and Results

Great set!
Apart from been DSDed two times!
I only regret I didn’t attack vs G4 DSD, since I drew a Joker just that turn!
But after playing it’s easy to know what move I should have done! :smile:

2 Likes

snoc advances over Jamie-chan by TO decision.

snoc is somehow in 3rd place and 5th place at the same time? :wink:

2 Likes

gutterowl 3-0 @Ivan

:persephone:::psfist::knockdown::lum: true perselock finish. oof.

:persephone:::psfist::knockdown::midori: dodge into full dragon buster…right into blue burst. a few turns later, dodge into wrath of earth…right into blue burst. gotta respect those face downs.

:persephone:::psfist::knockdown::midori: t1 command, but i screw up the lock and let him out on a known blue burst b/c i want domination. eventually grind down to the scramble, where perse q kills against anything but dodge. let’s draw 3 in a row. card games!

6 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @ArthurWynne

:rook: :psfist::pschip: :menelker:
:rook: :pschip::psfist: :valerie:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :valerie:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :midori:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :midori:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 2 Arthur Wynne
Southpaw Hare wins!

2 Likes

Well played, SouthpawHare.

I think this loss knocks me out of the running for the play-ins though.

1 Like

jamie vs @variable
:grave: > :quince:
:grave: < :menelker:
:geiger: > :menelker:
:geiger: > :grave:

good games!

4 Likes

R8
MR vs @GutterOwl 3-0

:menelker::psfist::pschip::persephone:
I wasn’t able to touch her for many combats, then I managed to outspeed her OYK with a bQ and her K with a BC, and inertia changed (and watching the replay, lack of throws on her side helped even more…)

:menelker::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
Gotta guard crushed and beaten down to 48hp vs 16hp, then a bK vs T forced her to FD a Joker. Stopped, oblivioned, gotta 7throw down to 9hp, then I hit DSD button on her dodge

:menelker::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
Joker oblivioned in early game, then down quite balanced. I spent almost all my dodges, then I landed a BC (6bJ) that showed me she had only face cards, FA and a dodge. I topdeck one of my last dodge to use it into DSD

Respect and GGs!
Best of luck in your next games!

5 Likes

International Yomi League
Dreadlands Division - Week 9

Mystic Deadman vs. @zytearK

:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibiargagarg:
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibiargagarg:
:chibigwen::pschip::psfist::chibisetsuki:
:chibigrave::psfist::pschip::chibisetsuki:

Final Score:
MD 3-1 zytearK

Of note: Games 1 & 2 were incredibly close, and I owe those wins to the fact that I have so much experience in that MU with Gwen. Game 3 wasn’t as close, and Z took advantage of me in that one. Game 4 was pure luck, with me drawing an early 4 Qs and 3 As.

GGs d00d, and good luck the rest of the season

7 Likes

Attilian :ps3gem: - :ps1gem: @Ivan

:troq: :pscrash: :pschip: :grave:
:troq: :pscrash: :pschip: :jaina: Jaina teases Troq by going low hand and escaping, but then beats are unleashed
:troq: :pschip: :pscrash: :jaina: The Phoenix Archer did a number on Troq psychologically then brave throws ftw
:grave: :pscrash: :pschip: :jaina:

Ggs Ivan. Good luck in the rest of the league.

2 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Caralad

:rook: :pschip::psfist: :valerie:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :valerie:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :valerie:

Southpaw Hare 0 - 3 Caralad
Caralad wins!

3 Likes

Much as I dislike to argue myself into a worse spot on the table, honesty compels:

@cpat, why is SouthpawHare below me in the standings when he won our match and our records are equal? I know I have the better win percentage but I thought you said that is the second tiebreaker?

There’s probably a reason for it that I’ve just missed, so I hope my periodic, ill-informed questions don’t annoy you when you put so much effort into TOing. But since it looks like I don’t understand the tiebreakers as well as I thought, I’d appreciate a clarification.

When there are more than two people with an identical record it becomes about who has won the most relevant h2h matches within said group. Since there are like 4 people with the same record currently and you have beaten two of them you’re on top.

2 Likes

@Niijima-san has it right.

For example, say at the end of the season, there is a four-way tie between Players A, B, C, and D. Let’s say Player A beats B and C, Player B beats C and D, Player C beats D, and Player D beats A. In this situation, the rankings would have Players A and B as the top 2 (sorted by game WPCT) and Players C and D as the bottom 2 (sorted by game WPCT), despite Player D having beaten Player A, and Player C having beaten only Player D.

2 Likes

Caralad vs @GutterOwl

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:

GG’s Gutterowl.

4 Likes

Arthur Wynne vs @GutterOwl

:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :persephone: This first game was fast-paced and even, with a lot of back-and-forth. I got GutterOwl down to 3 life but she got me in her vortex, although no true lock - I eventually closed it out with a Queen.

:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :persephone: This game was like a parody of the first one. I beat down GutterOwl early, and eventually got her down to 10 hp vs… I think 60-some, but she got her vortex going, and this time she had me properly BYS-locked, ripping up my life total in 16-hp chunks. I lost my last block to a very gonzo play and ended up at 14 to 10, KD with my hand known checkmated to AA. GutterOwl discarded the BYS cards to avoid giving me a block that might get me out of the checkmate - and I topdecked a Queen.

:grave: :psfist: :knockdown: :persephone: My draws were off the charts. At one point GutterOwls played BYS and revealed three Queens - but I had a pair to save them. I went on to draw all of my queens and I think, literally all of my face cards in the course of the game. I got known TPoS mid-game and immediately played it raw (into a block) because “might as well, maybe it’ll land”- my hand was that good.

Final result 3-0 to me, which has me feeling pretty heelish since it’s only thanks to GutterOwl’s great flexibility and equanamity that we got to play at all, after I messed up our original appointment.

6 Likes

this has been a very humbling tournament.

7 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @jamie-chan

:zane: :psfist::pschip: :grave:
:zane: :pschip::psfist: :geiger:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :geiger: :psgem:Forfeit :psgem:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :grave:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 1 Jamie-chan
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

I am not liking the look of my tiebreakers…

Don’t finish tied. Go out there and win.

6 Likes