[Tournament] Experimental Codex Asynchronous Spring Swiss 2021 (XCAPS21)

I’d be leery about doing it this time, mostly because the model’s fit to the normal cards.

Yea, recommend against changing vandy given we are using the model.

Also, I am pretty sure there are only a little under 400 possible decks in codex, as [a]/b/c is identical to [a]/c/b. Still a lot.

Also, im in.

2 Likes

Even accounting for that, it’s a lot!

I thought there was a thread about it, but clearly i remembered the number wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh right, I wasn’t clear. I meant just change it for every tournament ever, because it was confirmed that it was never supposed to have made it to print

If people haven’t seen it, there are some example matchups here. I’m planning to draw enough matchups that we don’t have any repeats, probably about 50.

Wait, where did Sirlin say that? I don’t remember ever seeing him say it wasn’t meant to be in the final version of the game.

Bomber will be referring to this:

2 Likes

Count me in for the tournament :+1:

1 Like

@charnel_mouse, sign me out pls. Sorry!

1 Like

One week to go!

1 Like

I will take bolyarich’s spot. See you guys in the tourney :slight_smile: Thanks for hosting @charnel_mouse this is gonna be fun!

1 Like

@CarpeGuitarrem @EricF @Unity @flagrantangles @Bob199 @Mooseknuckles @Dreamfire @hardy83 @Steve44 @Hobusu any takers for the tourney?

1 Like

I suppose I’m not opposed but I am remarkably bad so I don’t think I’ll make for a particularly good opponent/match. So, sure, I’ll join. :laughing:

3 Likes

Glad to have you, flagrant! Like Bomber’s said before, there are a few top dogs, and the rest of us are here to have fun :wink:

2 Likes

Idk who isn’t here to have fun, to be fair :wink:

3 Likes

I’m glad to become the bottom rung on this ladder. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Forgot about this! Let’s go! I’m in! Now I gotta look up what the ruleset is.

2 Likes

I’m going to pass, I have much less free time than I did back when Codex was new and I think I got semi-permanently burned out on PbF at the time, my last few attempts at playing that way haven’t gone especially well.

1 Like

Although since I said that I surprisingly became a top dog so I feel like it’s biased now

1 Like