[Tournament] eXperimental Codex Asynchronous Fall ~~Swiss~~ Round Robin (XCAFS19)

I play pretty loose all the time right now because I am still learning a lot. I don’t even think I can play tournament level yet

3 Likes

You’re right, that was one of the other players I had an undefeated run of practice games with. My bad.

@OffKilter action to you for starting our round 4 matchup!

Hey all! Thanks for moving things along for Round4, we still have three games that need finishing but it’s Wednesday and that means new matchups are posting! GL HF to everyone :slight_smile:

XCAFRR19 Round 5

Group A

1. [XCAFRR19 Round5] bomber678 [Balance]/Disease/Growth vs NekoAtl [Strength]/Feral/Growth
  2. [XCAFRR19 Round5] James [Necromancy]/Blood/Present vs Persephone [Fire]/Truth/Disease
  3. [XCAFRR19 Round5] bolyarich [Feral]/Growth/Disease vs Nopethebard [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse
  4. [XCAFRR19 Round5] charnel_mouse [Discipline]/Necromancy/Law vs EricF [Demonology]/Disease/Necromancy

Group B

1. [XCAFRR19 Round5] Leaky [Past]/Present/Future vs CarpeGuitarrem [Demonology]/Growth/Strength
  2. [XCAFRR19 Round5] frozenstorm [Anarchy]/Past/Strength vs UrbanVelvet [Peace]/Discipline/Disease
  3. [XCAFRR19 Round5] codexnewb [Future]/Peace/Anarchy vs OffKilter [Fire]/Present/Growth
  4. [XCAFRR19 Round5] dwarddd [Discipline]/Disease/Law vs Zhavier [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse
    On Bye Player: @Taz, On Bye Deck: [Discipline]/Peace/Past
2 Likes

@OffKilter what does this deck do

1 Like

It spams + and - runes, amongst other things.

Hi.

Sorry for being APOL lately. I thought I needed but a few days after what happened Round 1 to cool off, but whoops, I went spiraling into crippling executive dysfunction instead. I’m only posting now because I actually took a look at my emails for once and, holy carp, round five is starting already and I feel really terrible for making people go on without me for this long. In fact, I’m still not up for playing for that exact reason, which makes me question the wisdom of posting at all in the first place (in case you’re wondering why you’ve not heard from me for all this time, well, that’s it). But I just want you all to know that I am neither dead nor deliberately attempting to hold up this event through malicious intent.

Thank you for your understanding.

6 Likes

Malicious intent will never be assumed from me personally, @Taz, glad to hear you’re okay and appreciate your understanding that the show must go on.

I would gladly have you back for CAWS if you’d like to participate.

5 Likes

How much do we care about finishing games on time? I’ve been playing slowly & still haven’t finished round 3, which will mean that I’m now playing two simultaneous matches against P1 @James [Necromancy]/Blood/Present. If resigning the round 3 game is the honorable thing to do, I’ll do that (admittedly with 13hp vs. Blood I might be dead on next turn anyway).

It’s much less important in this format, @Persephone. There’s no Swiss matching dependent on getting timely results, it’s just a matter of making sure pace of play will get us our final 4 by the end of round 7.

You and James are making steady progress and I’m not concerned

2 Likes

But they shouldn’t have the same opponent twice, right?

Correct. I think. Did that happen?

Mmmmmmyes?

So this is where the “prefer not to have two byes” issue pops up… James had the bye here, and Perse had the matchup scheduled against Taz.

I’m inclined to ask it just play out b/c I honestly don’t know how to sort it out and not completely topple my match tracking method (which is already a hodgepodge at this point). Apologies to @James and @Persephone

2 Likes

Hey all! Things seem to be running pretty smoothly now, thanks to everyone for continuing a solid pace of play! Next round starts today, GL HF all!

XCAFRR19 Round 6

Group A

1. [XCAFRR19 Round6] Nopethebard [Fire]/Truth/Disease vs charnel_mouse [Feral]/Growth/Disease
  2. [XCAFRR19 Round6] Persephone [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse vs bolyarich [Balance]/Disease/Growth
  3. [XCAFRR19 Round6] NekoAtl [Strength]/Feral/Growth vs EricF [Discipline]/Necromancy/Law
  4. [XCAFRR19 Round6] James [Demonology]/Disease/Necromancy vs bomber678 [Necromancy]/Blood/Present

Group B

1. [XCAFRR19 Round6] UrbanVelvet [Fire]/Present/Growth vs codexnewb [Discipline]/Disease/Law
  2. [XCAFRR19 Round6] OffKilter [Peace]/Discipline/Disease vs Leaky [Future]/Peace/Anarchy
  3. [XCAFRR19 Round6] CarpeGuitarrem [Demonology]/Growth/Strength vs dwarddd [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse
  4. [XCAFRR19 Round6] Zhavier [Anarchy]/Past/Strength vs frozenstorm [Past]/Present/Future
    On Bye (Indefinitely) Player: @Taz, On Bye Deck: [Discipline]/Peace/Past
3 Likes

@FrozenStorm I’m paired with my submitted deck.

1 Like

Sorry about that! Sometimes copy-paste on spreadsheets is a little too smart. I started out doing the decks wrong (not swapped A and B), and then copy-pasted to move them, but the sheet swapped references on me and I didn’t notice!

Should be good now (you have a somewhat similar deck, coincidentally lol)

1 Like

Here’s a standings update current with today’s results, for those who are curious!

Player Deck Deck Wins Deck Losses Player Wins Player Losses TOTAL WIN %
frozenstorm [Demonology]/Disease/Necromancy 5 1 5 1 83.33%
bomber678 [Past]/Present/Future 4 2 4 2 66.67%
bolyarich [Future]/Peace/Anarchy 3 2 3 1 66.67%
EricF [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse 2 3 5 1 63.64%
Zhavier [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse 2 3 5 1 63.64%
Leaky [Feral]/Growth/Disease 5 1 2 4 58.33%
James [Anarchy]/Past/Strength 5 1 1 4 54.55%
Persephone [Peace]/Discipline/Disease 1 4 3 0 50.00%
charnel_mouse [Discipline]/Disease/Law 2 4 4 2 50.00%
OffKilter [Balance]/Disease/Growth 3.5 1.5 2 4 50.00%
codexnewb [Discipline]/Necromancy/Law 2.5 3.5 3 3 45.83%
dwarddd [Strength]/Feral/Growth 2 4 3 2 45.45%
NekoAtl [Demonology]/Growth/Strength 2 2 2 3 44.44%
CarpeGuitarrem [Necromancy]/Blood/Present 1.5 3.5 2 3 35.00%
Nopethebard [Fire]/Present/Growth 2 4 0 6 16.67%
UrbanVelvet [Fire]/Truth/Disease 0.5 4.5 1 5 13.64%

I am having to do a semi-manual process on these, so if you see a discrepancy please don’t hesitate to get my attention so we can correct it!

Source:

1 Like

Weird to see white and black finesse with so few wins! I guess those decks are harder to pilot than they appear

3 Likes

I think there’s a reason it took awhile for them to litter the PbF metagame; their strengths aren’t glaringly obvious and there are some weird trades / tempo plays you make early/midgame to get them online

2 Likes