[Tournament] Counterpick Cake - Signups Open! - Starts May 31

I want in! :chibivendetta: and backup: :chibipersephone:

4 Likes

Hmmm… No 20XX meta characters so far :thinking: This promise to be exciting :smiley:

1 Like

That’s exactly the appeal I was looking for! Theoretically speaking every character could be equally viable, so people are free to play whoever they liked without worrying about playing to any kind of meta, 20xx or not. I finally have an excuse to play Gloria.

Hmmm… No 20XX meta characters so far :thinking: This promise to be exciting :smiley:

Bruh. You know I exist. :smiley:

3 Likes

You know your Troq will be around 60 HP :stuck_out_tongue: :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

My backup character will be Val

1 Like

Just changed my mind, I’ll go for :quince: main and :menelker: second :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll play. Rook, obviously.

3 Likes

Remember to add a backup character in case of mirror matches @Nopethebard!

I’m going to pick Troq, and backup of Menelker.

4 Likes

I’ll play :midori: with :argagarg: as my back up.

4 Likes

That brings us to 13, hopefully we can get 3 more to round out the bracket.

2 Likes

Gimme Zane with backup Quince

6 Likes

Backup Geiger

3 Likes

I’ll play, though I haven’t decided my characters yet. How will the first bidder be selected? Randomly, or by some system? Seems easiest/fairest to do it when scheduling conversations go out.

2 Likes

Yeah, randomly as part of the scheduling message.

Actually change my backup Quince for backup Rook

Main :lum:
Backup :setsuki:

Also we should make it explicit how the handicapping works with Jaina’s innate. I’m not sure what the right solution actually is: leave it as printed, and if she has been handicapped 35hp, then no fetching Qs/As, or (as I suspect is impossible in the world of rules-enforced) have her use Burning Desperation at (handicap+35) hp?

Yeah, we’ll just have to go with what’s practical, there: Jaina can’t fetch Q/A if she’s above 35, and she loses if she drops below her handicap (which means when handicapped, she has more limited access to Q/A recur, even though that wouldn’t be the way it would work if playing on tabletop).

man this format gives me so many ideas for exploratory territory that i think works really well with this type of game

1 Like