[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous Winter Swiss - Round 8

i have a list of players (ever growing) that i follow cuz i learn a lot from them! @Castanietzsche is one of them, and so @FrozenStorm

2 Likes

Wow, and I’ve just noticed that he replaced Feral. I always thought of Bashing as the no-penalty Feral for multicoloring.
I suppose the kicker is Bashing Tech1s with Midori?

2 Likes

yes. also neutral starter loves midbandori. Tederf becomes a 1 gold for 2/3 D: older bro 3/3 for 2 gold.
A bloomed maxbandori (he grows flowers in the beard) is a flyier that can kill a tech build per turn, damn him!

2 Likes

From watching his games, yes. Midori is his go-to hero, buffing Tenderfoot and Older Brother, and then Iron Men later on. To me, it’s a study in why Midori was nerfed :stuck_out_tongue: I dread to think what it would be like if he was playing with pre-nerf Midori…

1 Like

pre nerf midori was imo absurd in such deck. tf costs 0, OB 1, iron man 2, hounds 0 and so flagb.
midbandori also would +2/+2 instead of 1/1. couple that with peace and cadets, and start crying, imo

I actually really liked the look of @cstick’s deck (Demonology/Balance/Fire) - but I guess his results didn’t back it up too well…

1 Like

It did really well in RACE. I think he had tough match-ups this tournament.

1 Like

Thats the nature of Swiss, it can be unforgiving a bit.

1 Like

@Alhazard don’t forget to start your Round 5 game. @PointyFinger your Round 5 game has started.

Need to start tonight. Been busy.

Round 6 Pairings

CAWS 2016: Castanietzsche ([Bashing]/Balance/Growth) vs. zhavier ([Necro]/Blood/Truth)
CAWS 2016: Eijolend (Mono Green) vs. shax (Mono Red)
CAWS 2016: Legion ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) vs. FrozenStorm ([Blood]/Strength/Growth)
CAWS 2016: Alhazard ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

Feature Match

CAWS 2016: Jadiel (Mono Black) vs. petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth)

Standings

petE (5-0)
zhavier (4-1)
Castanietzsche (4-1)
Jadiel (4-1)
shax (3-1)
FrozenStorm (3-2)
Legion (3-2)
EricF (3-2)
Eijolend (3-2)
Alhazard (2-2)

PiHalbe (2-3)
PointyFinger (2-3)
Zejety (2-3)
Mooseknuckles (2-3)
neigutten (1-3)
ARMed-Pirate (1-3)
cstick (1-3)
Barrelfish (0-3)
robinz (0-3)

3 Likes

my prediction about R6 winners: @Castanietzsche, @Shax, @FrozenStorm (how could you!! :’( ) @ericf , @Jadiel .
Prove me wrong you wimps! Especially @Legion! Go big or go home!

2 Likes

@Alhazard, @Jadiel don’t forget to start your Round 6 matches.

Sorry, work is really crazy for me atm. I’ll try and start my game on Sunday.

Due to the large number of players who had delays (ie, all games are stuck at turn 4 or earlier), Round 7 is being delayed 1 week.

Round 7 pairings will be made February 8. All unfinished Round 6 matches will be adjudicated before pairings are made.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Round 7 Pairings - down to the top 6, so everything is a feature match!

CAWS 2016: petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. Castanietzsche ([Bashing]/Balance/Growth)
CAWS 2016: zhavier ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) vs. Eijolend (Mono Green)
CAWS 2016: FrozenStorm ([Blood]/Strength/Growth) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

You can start matches when the opponents are determined. Hard deadline for the last two round 6 matches remains Feb 8.

Standings

petE (6-0)
zhavier (5-1)
Castanietzsche (4-2)
FrozenStorm (4-2)
shax (3-2)
EricF (3-2)
Eijolend (3-2)
Alhazard (3-2)

Jadiel (4-2)
Legion (3-3)
PiHalbe (2-3)
PointyFinger (2-3)
Zejety (2-3)
Mooseknuckles (2-3)
neigutten (1-3)
ARMed-Pirate (1-3)
cstick (1-3)
Barrelfish (0-3)
robinz (0-3)

3 Likes

Both the Eijolend / Shax and Alhazard / EricF matches to determine round 7 are really tight, I’m psyched to see their conclusions!

4 Likes

Round 8 Pairings

CAWS 2016: EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) vs. petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth)
Zhavier gets a BYE

Finals:

http://forums.sirlingames.com/t/caws-2016-finals-pete-anarchy-strength-growth-vs-zhavier-necro-blood-truth/2060?u=ericf

Standings

petE (8-0)
zhavier (7-1)

EricF (5-3)
Castanietzsche (4-3)
FrozenStorm (4-3)
Eijolend (4-3)
Jadiel (4-2)
shax (3-3)
Legion (3-3)
Alhazard (3-3)
PiHalbe (2-3)