News Shop
Events Forums

[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous Winter Swiss 2018 (CAWS18)

I picked this format to avoid 2 problems:

1. Swiss pairings invite collusion on the margin, if someone out of contention is paired up
  2. Double (or Triple) Elimination brackets have a multi-round delay at the end for the undefeated person while they wait for the losers bracket to finish. As well as smaller delays in the later rounds while the recent winners wait for the losers bracket to catch up.

2a. Traditional Double Elimination also makes wins in the winners bracket “worth more” - the two finalists in even a 16 person bracket will have records of 4-0 and somewhere between 4-1 and 5-1 depending on when the other player lost, and the spread gets worse as the tournament size increases.

@witspur You are free to start your Match against Dreamfire anytime. You need not wait for EricF and Dreamfire to finish their round 1 game. Dreamfire can choose to wait to respond, though.

Are we ready for round 3?

Match 2.6 is still going. Although the link seems to be broken, it’s here.

Im letting dreamfire and witspur’s match finish. I’ll post round 3 no later than tomorrow though.

ROUND 3!

1. [CAWS18] Dreamfire [Strength]/Blood/Future vs zhavier [Finesse]/Anarchy/Blood
  2. [CAWS18] Marto [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse vs EricF [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse
  3. [CAWS18] Bomber678 [Balance]/Peace/Law vs flagrantangles [Bashing]/Fire/Peace
  4. [CAWS18] FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Necro/Growth vs charnel_mouse [Balance]/Blood/Strength
  5. [CAWS18] codexnewb [Necro]/Anarchy/Growth vs thehug0naut [Feral]/Present/Blood
  6. [CAWS18] Nekoatl [Discipline]/Past/Law vs Bob199 MonoPurple
  7. [CAWS18] Shadow_Night_Black [Present]/Past/Finesse vs witspur [Disease]/Blood/Anarchy

tie gets the bye this round.

So this is the part where I’m away for a week. As soon as I get home, I’ll rush my match out

ROUND 4!

1. [CAWS18] witspur [Disease]/Blood/Anarchy vs Marto [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse
  2. [CAWS18] FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Necro/Growth vs Dreamfire [Strength]/Blood/Future
  3. [CAWS18] zhavier [Finesse]/Anarchy/Blood vs Nekoatl [Discipline]/Past/Law
  4. [CAWS18] codexnewb [Necro]/Anarchy/Growth vs flagrantangles [Bashing]/Fire/Peace
  5. [CAWS18] Bomber678 [Balance]/Peace/Law vs EricF [Discipline]/Strength/Finesse
  6. [CAWS18] charnel_mouse [Balance]/Blood/Strength vs tie MonoPurple
  7. [CAWS18] thehug0naut [Feral]/Present/Blood vs Bob199 MonoPurple