[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss (CAMS19)

Imagine rolling zhavier as your round 2 two tournaments in a row.

Oh wait, that happened

At least that’s an indication you won your first match each time bomber. Imagine rolling EricF for your game 1 two tournaments in a row… :sob:

Someone should really yell at the guy running the tournament for such rotten luck… Oh wait :sunglasses::grin:

7 Likes

Lol 10 chars

2 Likes

The links for Round 2 are broken, commas don’t get added to the URLs.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @charnel_mouse, I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen next round and I fixed the r2 links

1 Like

Okay, all round 2 games have completed so posting the next set of matchups a little early for extra time to complete. @James you have rolled the bye for this round

CAMS19 Round 3

1. [CAMS19 Round3] codexnewb :medal_sports: [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs Legion :knockdown: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  2. [CAMS19 Round3] bansa :medal_sports: [Law/Peace]/Finesse vs zhavier :knockdown: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  3. [CAMS19 Round3] Bomber678 :medal_sports: [Finesse]/Peace/Truth vs hardy83 :knockdown: [Balance/Feral/Growth]
  4. [CAMS19 Round3] EricF :medal_sports: [Anarchy/Blood]/Demonology vs Nekoatl :knockdown: [Necromancy]/Blood/Growth
  5. [CAMS19 Round3] charnel_mouse :knockdown: [Balance]/Blood/Strength vs Unity :medal_sports: [Balance/Growth]/Present
  6. [CAMS19 Round3] Persephone :medal_sports: [Balance/Feral/Growth] vs CarpeGuitarrem :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Necromancy]/Blood/Finesse
  7. [CAMS19 Round3] Nopethebard :knockdown: [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse vs FrozenStorm :medal_sports: [Past/Future]/Finesse
2 Likes

Okay y’all, the next round is still kinda up in the air with mine and Nopethebard’s match still in progress and the possibility of my elimination. So, I’m positing the matchups that can start now

CAMS19 Round 4

1. [CAMS19 Round4] codexnewb :knockdown: [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs bansa :medal_sports: [Law/Peace]/Finesse
  2. [CAMS19 Round4] Legion :knockdown: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs zhavier :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  3. [CAMS19 Round4] Bomber678 :knockdown: [Finesse]/Peace/Truth vs EricF :medal_sports: [Anarchy/Blood]/Demonology
  4. [CAMS19 Round4] Unity :knockdown: [Balance/Growth]/Present vs Persephone :medal_sports: [Balance/Feral/Growth]
  5. [CAMS19 Round4] hardy83 :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Balance/Feral/Growth] vs Nekoatl :medal_sports: [Necromancy]/Blood/Growth
  6. [CAMS19 Round4] James :medal_sports: [Truth/Peace]/Finesse vs Nopethebard :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse
  7. [CAMS19 Round4] FrozenStorm :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Past/Future]/Finesse vs charnel_mouse :medal_sports: [Balance]/Blood/Strength
3 Likes

@FrozenStorm this is a very trivial request but can you change my ID to all lowercase? Thanks! It’s just for consistency. sorry for being difficult;;

1 Like

Not difficult at all, I gotchu :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here comes round 5! We now have 4 players eliminated (once charnel and I finish one of us is out) @Legion you’re the only one who needs to wait on game start (pending who wins my match with charnel), @Bryce_The_Rice you’ve got the bye

GL HF ALL!

CAMS19 Round 5

1. [CAMS19 Round5] zhavier :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs codexnewb :knockdown:[Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  2. [CAMS19 Round5] bansa :knockdown: [Law/Peace]/Finesse vs EricF :medal_sports: [Anarchy/Blood]/Demonology
  3. [CAMS19 Round5] Nekoatl :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Necromancy]/Blood/Growth vs Persephone :medal_sports: [Balance/Feral/Growth]
  4. [CAMS19 Round5] Legion :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs charnel_mouse :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Balance]/Blood/Strength
  5. [CAMS19 Round5] Unity :medal_sports: [Balance/Growth]/Present vs James :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Truth/Peace]/Finesse

EDIT @Legion my game with charnel finished as expected, go ahead and start your r5 game at your convenience!

3 Likes

Round six incoming! We’re still waiting on Unity and James to finish up last round but the matchups are createable without the outcome (and no bye this round!)

3 more eliminated so our field of 15 is now down to 8!

GL HF to all as we prune 2 more combatants in the next round

CAMS19 Round6

1. [CAMS19 Round6] Persephone :knockdown: [Balance/Feral/Growth] vs bansa :medal_sports: [Law/Peace]/Finesse
  2. [CAMS19 Round6] zhavier :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs EricF :knockdown: [Anarchy/Blood]/Demonology
  3. [CAMS19 Round6] Bomber678 :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Finesse]/Peace/Truth vs Legion :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  4. [CAMS19 Round6] Unity :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Balance/Growth]/Present vs codexnewb :medal_sports: [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse

EDIT: @Unity congrats on the win last round, you’re up to create your R6 match vs @codexnewb!

4 Likes

Here comes the next round! Down to 6, GL HF all!

CAMS19 Round 7

1. [CAMS19 Round7] bansa :medal_sports: [Law/Peace]/Finesse vs Legion :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  2. [CAMS19 Round7] EricF :medal_sports: [Anarchy/Blood]/Demonology vs codexnewb :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  3. [CAMS19 Round7] zhavier :medal_sports: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs Persephone :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: [Balance/Feral/Growth]

EDIT didn’t realize my own matchmaking priority, fixed now, sorry everyone!

4 Likes

I only have 1 loss so it could be 4

1 Like

Yes, for some reason I counted only 1 emerging from the other two matches. No more posting matches on my phone before coffee lol

Just wondering if I should be paired against Legion first since zhavier and I already met in Round 3

1. They have been paired against the fewest times (normally zero)
  2. Has the same number of losses
1 Like

I’ve already fought everyone left except Persephone, so yea, probably.

I didn’t even realize the priority I --listed-- (copy pasted from past tournaments) had no rematches over number of losses. I spose yes then, bansa v legion and Persephone v zhav. I’ll fix it when I’m back at a computer

EDIT fixed above, apologizes to @bansa @zhavier @Persephone and @Legion

4 Likes

One of the benefits of everyone still playing being eligible to win the whole thing is being able to pair across win records without creating obvious opportunities for bribery.

4 Likes

I’m unclear what the bribery weakness is with matching by win record as a primary, can you elaborate?

I believe Eric refers to how in normal Swiss, you can lose so many games that you’re mathematically unable to make the cut to a bracket, or to win. This means that sometimes players can be bribed to intentionally throw specific games to bolster one player’s win record.

And that brings problems because how are you going to enforce rules against throwing games? What if they’re just not playing well in that game?

With the battle royale/“elimination after three losses” format, anyone who’s playing is in contention to win.

1 Like