[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss (CAMS) 2017

I don’t think I’ve ever seen my combination played yet =b

1 Like

i’m definitely going to get weird, its just should i try something totally new or something kind of new

1 Like

Somebody gotta keep y’all Jokers in check, I’m on tried and true for the summer here

I’m in!

While apparently I have lost a lot of my familiarity with the game during my break from Codex, what better way to get back into it than obsessing over every single turn in a tournament game. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vandy has brought yet another player to the dark side

2 Likes

Now I must make antivandy.dec

1 Like

Enlighten us - what does that look like?

Vandy + Vandy & Vandy

2 Likes

Who said I was playing Vandy? :codexzane:

Hes going PPA! Everybody run! Put away your necro/balance/anarchy decks you were going to play! Run rook!

2 Likes

So Strength Balance Truth, the ultimate stall deck? Moment’s Peace + Free Speech and watch as they throw hero after hero into your max Rook?

1 Like

I wasn’t around on this forums until recently - are the other tournaments are pretty much on hold? A tournament with random decks sounds like fun (I would go totally random because it sounds like it would be a good way to explore unexpected parts of the game, even if some MUs would be tough). Also, what is RACE? Is it just a round robin tournament?

we haven’t done a RACE in a while. It was originally concieved to allow multiple games to take place at once, to take advantage of the asynchronous nature of codex. So, Yes, it was Round Robin, but you are assigned all your matches right from the beginning, and then complete them as you and your opponent are able. Some players might finish 8 matches in a week, and others might take longer. EricF has implemented various measures to try and better handle the disparity in play speed. I dunno how successful he thinks any of those measures were, but they were all fun in my opinion. The RACE tournaments always felt really fast and hectic, especially compared to Swiss.

3 Likes

Play in my mini tournament, you can play random there, too :grin:

1 Like

you mean the draft tournament? I could pick randomly, but I don’t know that it would be a good draft experience for the rest of you. I mean, I can pick non-randomly as well but since I’ll probably be playing my first game with or against some of these specs, I don’t think it’ll be a great experience for the rest of you. If you really just want to start and are short of player, I’ll join but isn’t the point of the experiment is to have some kind of taste of what draft would feel like and that’s defeated if I don’t have a good sense of what counters what and what spec works well with what (to hate-draft). I hear demons are good though.

Draft @FrozenStorm as your QB and vandy as your middle linebacker and you’ll be fine

3 Likes

First set of pairings will go up tomorrow.

5 Likes

Round 1 Pairings - good luck everyone!

CAMS 2017: Bob199 ([Past]/Strength/Growth) vs. EricF ([Future]/Peace/Necro)
CAMS 2017: Eijolend ([Finesse]/Discipline/Disease) vs. Jadiel ([Necro]/Anarchy/Blood)
CAMS 2017: Shadow-Night-Black ([Feral]/Present/Truth) vs. FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)
CAMS 2017: zhavier ([Discipline]/Present/Anarchy) vs. petE ([Discipline]/Blood/Necro)
CAMS 2017: Penatronic ([Discipline]/Blood/Law) vs. holytispon ([Demon]/Future/Truth)
ARMed-PIrate ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) gets the BYE

Notes: everyone has the multi-color penalty; no-one is using the Blue starter; Anarchy and Discipline are the most popular, with only one player making a deal with Demonology.

5 Likes

Awesome. Can you get me a quick summary of the timing rules? I read through all the nit-picky details but I just want to make sure that I understand the general framework. We’re supposed to finish by next Tuesday because pairing will be going up on Wednesday?

Good luck everybody!

Eric will give warning if you’re playing too slow @holytispon, but yes generally finish each match within 7 days of posting. Forfeits are awarded to those who contribute the least delay to a match that runs vastly over time, empathy and extensions are generally given to those who warn ahead of time if they will be unable to reply for a few days

1 Like