[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous sPring Swiss (CAPS) 2017 *Round 7*

I also had Fire, and have very little experience with it, so ditto.

Round 5 Pairings

Feature Match:
CAPS 2017: zhavier ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy)

CAPS 2017: FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse) vs. Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood) vs. Barrelfish ([Finesse]/Present/Law)
CAPS 2017: Shadow-Night-Black ([Balance]/Growth/Finesse) vs. Jadiel ([Feral]/Future/Truth)
CAPS 2017: cstick ([Feral]/Necro/Anarchy) vs. Hobusu ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth)
CAPS 2017: NikoBolas (Mono White) vs. Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength)

Note that if Shadow-Night-Black is currently in time extention mode, and if he loses his round 3 and round 4 matches, Jadiel will get a BYE this round

Do I get a medal for having 3 active CAPS matches?

4 Likes

Interesting that Zhav is the only surviving [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth, with Moose on the only other Growth survivor into Round 6 here. Guess there’s plenty of room for Peace engine, Truth shenanigans, Blood Shenanigans, and Black shenanigans at the top!

I imagine I’m gonna have Eric this next round, GL HF all!

1 Like

Round 6 Pairings - welcome to the top 8!

Feature Match:
CAPS 2017: Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength) vs. Jadiel ([Feral]/Future/Truth)

CAPS 2017: Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood) vs. FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy) vs. Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: cstick ([Feral]/Necro/Anarchy) vs. zhavier ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth)

4 Likes

Top 8 Board Representation

Anarchy, Necro, Strength = 3
Growth, Feral, Peace, Blood, Finesse = 2
Future, Truth, Present, Demon, Balance = 1

2 Likes

This makes my babyrage look even sillier in hindsight, haha. To be fair, I think Pete dropped out due to work after beating me, though

Yea PetE was on a tear to start and would likely have bumped around this list slightly, had he continued on

2 Likes

With everyone already done with R6, can we get R7 pairings early please?

If I had to take a guess, I’ll be playing Moose, You’ll be playing Cstick Bob, and Eric’s definitely playing Penatronic

You and I have both played each other and Cstick, but you played him a round earlier. Neither of us has played Moose, so it’s a toss-up

In fact, none of the 3 of you have played Moose, and all of you have played each-other. So, it’s just random for Moose, and the other two play the re-match with the other player going first.
Also, with Round 6 done, here are the early pairings for Round 7:

Round 7 Pairings:

Feature Match:
CAPS 2017: EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy) vs. Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood)

CAPS 2017: FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse) vs. Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength)
CAPS 2017: Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse) vs. cstick ([Feral]/Necro/Anarchy)

3 Likes

Thank so for keeping that post up to date

1 Like

Original Boards vs In Contention Boards

1 Demon Specs --> 1 (down 0%)
3 Peace Specs --> 2 (down 33%)
4 Necro Specs --> 2 (down 50%)
4 Blood Specs --> 2 (down 50%)
2 Balance Specs --> 1 (down 50%)
2 Present Specs --> 1 (down 50%)
2 Feral Specs --> 1 (down 50%)
5 Finesse Specs --> 2 (down 60%)
6 Anarchy --> 2 (down 66%)
6 Strength Specs --> 2 (down 66%)
5 Growth Specs --> 1 (down 80%)
3 Law Specs --> 0 (down 100%)
3 Discipline Specs --> 0 (down 100%)
3 Truth Specs --> 0 (down 100%)
2 Fire Specs --> 0 (down 100%)
2 Ninjitsu Specs --> 0 (down 100%)
1 Future Specs --> 0 (down 100%)

Original Starters vs In Contention Starters

1 Purple Starters --> 1 (down 0%)
4 Green Starters --> 2 (down 50%)
2 Black Starters --> 1 (down 50%)
2 Blue Starters --> 1 (down 50%)
3 White Starters --> 1 (down 66%)
4 Red Starters --> 0 (down 100%)
2 Neutral Starters --> 0 (down 100%)

3 Likes

And… I can no longer update the header :frowning2:

Welcome to the Top 4!

Round 8 Pairings:

CAPS 2017: Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood) vs. Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse) vs EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy)

4 Likes

Big props to @Penatronic to going so far as a relatively new player with a relatively unorthodox deck!

11 Likes

@EricF I’ll start our game tomorrow

Final Pairings

Massive number of replays leads to randomly picking one of Penatronic and Bob199 to get a bye … random.org says: Bob199

Penatronic will play the winner of FrozenStorm/EricF round 8 match. Starting player will be switched from their previous battle, so it will either Penatronic vs EricF or FrozenStorm vs Penatronic

Bob will then play the winner of that match in the FINALS - and will be going first, regardless of opponent!

5 Likes

Finals is:
CAPS 2017: Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse) vs. FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse)

5 Likes

River is bringing the Drama to the Stage this tourney!

1 Like

Aggro hero showdown

1 Like