[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous sPring Swiss (CAPS) 2017 *Round 7*

[Anarchy]/Strength/Growth is the new Black

5 Likes

Can’t wait for all the [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth mirror matches I’ll have to play.

If anybody is interested, I signed up as [Present]/Peace/Blood, if an 18th player joins we will have a match this week.

1 Like

I think @Mooseknuckles is busy with something.

I am. I can start our match tomorrow, but will be pretty spotty until next Monday when I’m back in town.

Have something worth trying out, In and playing :codexrook: w/ :codexdrakk: & :codexmontoya:

2 Likes

@EricF perhaps @Bob199 and @Penatronic can get a late week 1 match?

I’ll be around.

Up for playing now if that’s ok

How do we decide first

Use random.org to get a number, (1-100) whomever gets higher, goes first

Random.org =64

I wasnt sure if they were doing that for this tournament @bob199 @ericf

Normally I pre-determine who goes first as part of making the pairings. For this match, @Bob199 will be going first against @Penatronic.

Thanks, and have fun, guys! I’ll give you extra time to finish, but you’ll both be paired normally for round 2.

3 Likes

Match is up CAPS 2017 Bob199[Rook] Drakk & River) vs. Penatronic([Geiger] Drakk & Oni)

@Penatronic @EricF

1 Like

Round 2 Pairings

Feature Match:
CAPS 2017: Jadiel ([Feral]/Future/Truth) vs. EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy)

CAPS 2017: zhavier ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. Shadow-Night-Black ([Balance]/Growth/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: cstick ([Feral]/Necro/Anarchy) vs. Bob199 ([Strength]/Blood/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength)
CAPS 2017: shax (Mono Blue) vs. Barrelfish ([Finesse]/Present/Law)
CAPS 2017: ARMed-Pirate (Mono Red) vs. NikoBolas (Mono White)
CAPS 2017: Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood) vs. robinz ([Discipline]/Fire/Truth)
CAPS 2017: payprplayn ([Necro]/Blood/Law) vs. FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse)
CAPS 2017: Kaelii ([Finesse]/Discipline/Ninjitsu) vs. Hobusu ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth)

My apologies to payprplayn on behalf of the random number generator for pairing him consecutively against the two top players from CASS 2016.

3 Likes

It also stuck me against the two finalists from the last race!

1 Like

Any chance to have some of the later rounds posted earlier? I’ll be traveling next week and have more time this week for any matches

At this point, there’s a lot of “accomplished” players (yourself included I might add!). There’s basically no avoiding everyone running into people who know (more or less) what they’re doing :wink:

4 Likes

One of the weaknesses of swiss pairings is the inability to play ahead. At least this format is flexible enough to let players catch up afterwards.

5 Likes

So, some of the past few tournaments felt like they were either dominated (in the sense that you saw them in almost every match) by Vandy or dominated by MoLaC. There’s a fair bit of MoLaC in this one (and that @zhavier vs. @Shadow_Night_Black game was crazy), but this tournament really feels like it’s being dominated by…

Nimble Fencer.

Which I think is kindof awesome.

8 Likes