[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous Fall Swiss 2016 - Complete!

That’s pretty much all the info I wanted for this tournament at the moment. I’m not a statistician, so I don’t think I would be much use for compiling data any more complicated than this. All I did was count the specs and format it into a post so everybody else could see how it breaks down.

These numbers are off:

Blood has 8
Anarchy has 6
Growth, Strength, and Peace all have 4
Past and Truth have 3

Well that’s a little embarrassing. I’ve corrected my post accordingly.

I realize this could be a little bit of a stretch given the rate of people ghosting, but could we make the finals a best of 3?

1 Like

Round 2 Pairings:

CAFS 2016: Marto ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: : Khel ([Feral]/Peace/Blood)
CAFS 2016: StrixVaria (Mono Red) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Pooh_Bear (Mono Black)
CAFS 2016: Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Zejety ([Finesse]/Discipline/Strength)
CAFS 2016: EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: cstick ([Demon]/Law/Anarchy)
CAFS 2016: CarpeGuitarrem (Mono Red) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)
CAFS 2016: Anemone (Mono Black) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Alhazard ([Necro]/Blood/Truth)
CAFS 2016: Swagmaster_Turtle (Mono White) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Barrelfish ([Necro]/Blood/Growth)
CAFS 2016: Drakona ([Fire]/Blood/Finesse) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: zhavier (Mono Green)
CAFS 2016: jasonwocky (Mono Purple) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Castanietzsche (Mono Blue)
CAFS 2016: PointyFinger (Mono Red) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: bravo840 ([Necro]/Blood/Ninjitsu)
CAFS 2016: RealPiHalbe (Mono Black) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Bomber678 ([Feral]/Strength/Truth)
lettucemode (Mono Green) gets a BYE

2 Likes

Once we have a few of these completed, there can be invitational tournaments for top finishers that are more than one game.

For the general swiss events, I don’t want to arbitrarily make the last round or two different than the prior rounds.

Round 3 Pairings:

CAFS 2016: EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Marto ([Necro]/Blood/Truth)
CAFS 2016: Zejety ([Finesse]/Discipline/Strength) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Swagmaster_Turtle (Mono White)
CAFS 2016: FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Anemone (Mono Black)
CAFS 2016: Alhazard ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Barrelfish ([Necro]/Blood/Growth)
CAFS 2016: zhavier (Mono Green) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Pooh_Bear (Mono Black)
CAFS 2016: Bomber678 ([Feral]/Strength/Truth) :disappointed_relieved: vs. :psfist: CarpeGuitarrem (Mono Red)
CAFS 2016: lettucemode (Mono Green) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Khel ([Feral]/Peace/Blood)
CAFS 2016: PointyFinger (Mono Red) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: cstick ([Demon]/Law/Anarchy)
CAFS 2016: Castanietzsche (Mono Blue) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: StrixVaria (Mono Red)
CAFS 2016: bravo840 ([Necro]/Blood/Ninjitsu) :disappointed_relieved: vs. :psfist: Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength)
CAFS 2016: jasonwocky (Mono Purple) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: RealPiHalbe (Mono Black)

Drakona has dropped out, so @jasonwocky was re-paired into his previous slot.

Can you make a post with current win/loss records so that information is one place instead of spread across multiple posts of different pairings?

2 Likes

Perhaps eventually. You can see the relative rankings in each round’s pairings - the players with more wins are listed first. Once there is more of a differential, I could include match counts?

Doh! I was sipping margaritas and enjoying my first ever bye.

When is Round 3 due again? Could you include that in the pairings post as a rule?

It’s always 10 days from posting date, with lattitude given if someone lets me know that they will be unavailable and/or the game goes over 9 turns.

1 Like

Help my game is on turn 10 and it’s not even over

1 Like

Round 4 Pairings

CAFS 2016: Anemone (Mono Black) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Zejety ([Finesse]/Discipline/Strength)
CAFS 2016: FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)
CAFS 2016: Alhazard ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) :psfist: vs. :disappointed_relieved: Swagmaster-Turtle (Mono White)
CAFS 2016: Marto ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Pooh-Bear (Mono Black)
CAFS 2016: Khel ([Feral]/Peace/Blood) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: Bomber678 ([Feral]/Strength/Truth)
CAFS 2016: cstick ([Demon]/Law/Anarchy) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: lettucemode (Mono Green)
CAFS 2016: Castanietzsche (Mono Blue) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: CarpeGuitarrem (Mono Red)
CAFS 2016: PointyFinger (Mono Red) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: StrixVaria (Mono Red)
CAFS 2016: Barrelfish ([Necro]/Blood/Growth) :knockdown: vs. :psfist: Mooseknuckles([Growth]/Necro/Strength)
CAFS 2016: zhavier (Mono Green) :psfist: vs. :knockdown: jasonwocky (Mono Purple)

2 Likes

PPA mirror HYPE!

I’m going to get my butt kicked…

1 Like

I’m gonna be watching this one with great interest! It’s really going to come down to who understands the matchup better and techs better and plays the most tightly, I think. You have my support; you’ll need everything you can muster up against Eric!

Yea I am quite confident he understands how to tech this deck better, but we’ll see how I fare :wink:

1 Like

I’m now officially out of the tournament. Thanks for having me, everyone. It’s been a great pleasure (to lose three times :smiley:).

I might be lurking around (though without playing, I will hardly learn anything, at my skill level).

Thank you for introducing me to this PBF format. I’ll be available for some casual entry level PBF, if anyone is interested. Thanks to @EricF for organizing and general helpfulness.

And best of skill to all of you, especially the ones that beat me. :wink:

1 Like

Be sure to sign up for RACE #3 if you haven’t already!