[Tournament] CAWS20 - Codex Asynchronous Winter Swiss - Sign-up / tracker thread!

Stepping out of comfort zone and testing hypothesis. [Finesse]/Blood/Fire

Time to play top tier.
[Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength

1 Like

Before I post matchups, just want to confirm I have the field of decks correct here: 30 minutes for anyone to check if they are missing or something is wrong!

PLAYER DECK
Bomber678 [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength
Steve44 [Necromancy/Disease]/Discipline
bansa [Finesse]/Blood/Fire
Nopethebard MonoRed
Unity [Present/Future]/Peace
CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
Nekoatl [Demonology/Disease]/Truth
zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Strength
FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
hardy83 [Discipline]/Anarchy/Finesse
charnel_mouse [Demonology/Disease]/Discipline
EricF [Demonology/Necromancy]/Bashing

Welcome everyone to our winter tourney! Glad to see a good 12-player field here :slight_smile:

Here are our round one matchups, reminder that if you are listed first in these pairings you are expected to start a thread w/ a title containing the exact text below (so I will be starting a thread for my game w/ hardy with the text [CAWS20] Round1: FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs hardy83 [Discipline]/Anarchy/Finesse

GL HF everyone!

CAWS20 Round1

1. [CAWS20] Round1: Bomber678 [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength vs Steve44 [Necromancy/Disease]/Discipline
  2. [CAWS20] Round1: bansa [Finesse]/Blood/Fire vs Nopethebard MonoRed
  3. [CAWS20] Round1: Unity [Present/Future]/Peace vs CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
  4. [CAWS20] Round1: Nekoatl [Demonology/Disease]/Truth vs zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Strength
  5. [CAWS20] Round1: FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs hardy83 [Discipline]/Anarchy/Finesse
  6. [CAWS20] Round1: charnel_mouse [Demonology/Disease]/Discipline vs EricF [Demonology/Necromancy]/Bashing
2 Likes

Typical, you wait ages for a Black deck and five show up at once.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little bummed no one is running Miracle Grow for ā€œcontrolā€ to measure the new decks.

How will we know if new things are strong if they arenā€™t dethroning the strongest things right? Winter and Summer are the tryhard tourneys IMO :wink:

Anyways hope everything is going smoothly for everyone, lmk if anyone needs help / judgements / has questions

Sorry pal, Iā€™m not good at miracle grow, and honestly I hate growth.

1 Like

With 4/6 games finished I am going to wait one more day to see if one of the games remaining can finish up

1 Like

Okay, with Bansa and Nopeā€™s progress I feel good about these matchups being as fair as can be.

@EricF and @charnel_mouse still yet to finish so yā€™all will have to juggle two games, please try to keep things moving!

On to round 2, gl hf all (except @zhavier of course XD)!

CAWS20 Round2

1. [CAWS20] Round2: Bomber678 [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength vs Unity [Present/Future]/Peace
  2. [CAWS20] Round2: zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Strength vs FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  3. [CAWS20] Round2: EricF [Demonology/Necromancy]/Bashing vs bansa [Finesse]/Blood/Fire
  4. [CAWS20] Round2: Steve44 [Necromancy/Disease]/Discipline vs Nopethebard MonoRed
  5. [CAWS20] Round2: CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed vs charnel_mouse [Demonology/Disease]/Discipline
  6. [CAWS20] Round2: hardy83 [Discipline]/Anarchy/Finesse vs Nekoatl [Demonology/Disease]/Truth
3 Likes

@frozenStorm: The link doesnĀ“t work for me. Is there already a Spreadsheet to look at?

I canā€™t edit the OP anymore (ugh) but here is the link:

EDIT I was able to edit the OP, itā€™s there as well!

1 Like

Thank you!

@FrozenStorm Iā€™m going to drop from this event. My brain just isnā€™t in a Codex headspace right now, and I donā€™t expect to get back there for a while.

I may re-join you for CAPS.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that @EricF but can totally understand and respect it, I do hope we get to see you back for Spring!

@bansa that means youā€™ll have a bye this week

@charnel_mouse Iā€™m inclined based on the board position to give you a W for round 1 so I think I will. Open to hearing objections if thereā€™s strong feelings it should be marked as a bye from other players but a T3 Vandy maxband w/ no strong answer is very tough to come back from in that position

3 Likes

No objections :slight_smile: I say itā€™s a fair call.

1 Like

I was going to mark this as a forfeit in the match data, since thatā€™s what I usually do when people drop, especially so early. I havenā€™t looked at EricFā€™s turns, but I also mucked up the patrol, so my Heroesā€™ Hall was going to come a little late for comfort against Garth. If you think my position is really that strong, against EricF of all people, I can mark it as a normal victory instead?

Based on what he had teched and was holding (especially post Shadow Blade), I would say you win from that position 9 times out of 10, yeah

1 Like

Feels bad to get a first win against EricF that way, but OK, Iā€™ll defer.

Weā€™re close enough that I feel good posting the next round here. @Nopethebard happened to draw the bye between them and Steve.

I encourage everyone to ask questions or seek help from experienced players if theyā€™re having trouble resetting their spreadsheet / other means of tracking game state when they make a play error. Iā€™m happy to help wherever I can in that regard, as if things arenā€™t resolved correctly it can make resolving a future issue in the game very sticky.

GL HF everyone!

CAWS20 Round 3

1. [CAWS20] Round3: :knockdown: zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Strength vs :1st_place_medal: Bomber678 [Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength
  2. [CAWS20] Round3: :1st_place_medal: charnel_mouse [Demonology/Disease]/Discipline vs :knockdown: Unity [Present/Future]/Peace
  3. [CAWS20] Round3: :knockdown: hardy83 [Discipline]/Anarchy/Finesse vs :1st_place_medal: bansa [Finesse]/Blood/Fire
  4. [CAWS20] Round3: :1st_place_medal: FrozenStorm [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs :knockdown: CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
  5. [CAWS20] Round3: :1st_place_medal: Steve44 [Necromancy/Disease]/Discipline vs :knockdown: :skull_and_crossbones: Nekoatl [Demonology/Disease]/Truth
3 Likes

Brutal for P2s so far. Round 1 was 5-1 and Round 2 is now a sweep with 5-0. Yikes. Couldā€™ve been 6-0 if EricF stayed in. :wink:

1 Like