[Tournament] 19XX: Kerfuffle 3 - Tournament Complete - Legion Wins!

lum_at_1st_sight vs @mydrothers

4–0

:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

I had a fun time playing, MyDrothers! Hope to see you again sometime! :chibilum:

5 Likes

Attilian :ps4gem: - :ps3gem: @snoc

:lum: :pscrash: :pschip: :valerie: I got a straight flush!
:lum: :pschip: :pscrash: :valerie:
:grave: :pscrash: :pschip: :valerie:
:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :valerie:
:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :valerie: snoc exactsies KOd me from 38 hp

This was a scandalously close and stressful set. Ggs snoc and good luck in the rest of the tournament.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Glow, Gloria, glow! :sunny::gloria::chibigloria::full_moon:

3 Likes

Castanietzsche 4-3 @thehug0naut
:quince::pschip::psfist::argagarg: very impressive argargarg, patient and difficult to read. I played too slow my face cards so he drew his card to cancel my 2s before I used them. I have to get more quick !
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg: I got rid of his aces with a lot of luck and made him attack my blocks so I finished with huge hand
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg: Can’t remember well of this one, I had a lot of J, 10s and throws and that eased me the game. I didn’t activate his bubble shield hopefully.
:quince::pschip::psfist::midori: got totally slaughtered on this one, thehug0naut played a very aggressive Midori and I ran out hp + cards quickly. I think he finished at 65hp or more.
:quince::psfist::pschip::midori: I was really sad he jokered my Consent of the Governed at 29h but finished with 5 6 7 when he was at 18 ! Really beautiful match :slight_smile:
:quince::pschip::psfist::rook: I had weird draws on this one, I placed some raw normal attacks but this wasn’t effective
:bbb::psfist::pschip::rook: I lost many hp on the beginning of the match, but got card advantage over him so I went back thanks to range. Really tense match, I finished with something like 12 hp !

Thanks for the matchs mate, you gave me an awesome duel ! Fun fact, almost all 2016 replays I had saved were matchs with you, you helped me a lot to progress in Yomi !
You were my Dragon Mentor for real :midori: ! (except for :bbb:, Leontes was also my second mentor !)

5 Likes

@Castanietzsche I think there’s a mistake in the matches you listed, it was 3 games of Arg vs Quince, 2 games of Midori vs Quince, Rook vs Quince, then Rook vs this guy:

5 Likes

But seriously tho:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::quince:
played patiently, countered 2s, drew enough fast throws to keep Kspin at bay
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::quince:
continued to play patiently but Quince decided to give out free hugs forever, I didn’t adjust my aggro to match
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::quince:
accidentally clicked Arg but I don’t do take backs, no 10s so Quince could get all that cards he wanted, only 2 throws faster than Kspin the whole game :disappointed_relieved:
:midori::psfist::pschip::quince:
I played very high aggro this game because my hand allowed it and because I wanted to push his throw heavy range under a bus. Notable combat win - I punch out raw Q with 6 attack into 7J+ for 29 damage!
:midori::pschip::psfist::quince:
This is probably the worst set of draws I’ve ever experienced in a tournament set. I drew one 2 and one 6 as my only blocks for nearly the whole game. At one point I had 299TTJoker in hand while KD and being K-spun. I did manage to sort of come back, but I suffered a really poorly timed disconnect just as my hand recovered, it threw my mental game a little and Quince seized the chance to murder me :cry:
:rook::psfist::pschip::quince:
With my dragon spirit broken I switched to my trusty former main, and proceeded to throw a boulder or 10 into the washing machine. It broke.
:rook::pschip::psfist::bbb:
Satanbot cometh, clearly angry about Quince’s broken washer. I do my best to make a match out of it, but the strategic game eventually alligns to beelzebot. Really tense to the end.

While there were a couple for things to make me salty here, it was a really well played set by @Castanietzsche and they thoroughly deserved the win :smiley:

Daaawww! I’m really pleased I’ve helped you progress :blush: best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

5 Likes

GutterOwl 4-1 UTRALAW

:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::argagarg:
:onimaru::knockdown::psfist::argagarg:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::argagarg:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::onimaru:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::onimaru:

Utralaw might have to fill in more detail if he likes. I had my LLL match like five minutes after this one, and I’ve forgotten everything. But it was a good set!

6 Likes

Cypher beats wowarlok

• 4 - 0

:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::gwen:

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 2 Southpaw Hare

:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:

ggs SPH! always a fun but stressful time when we meet in tourney! that Rook is no joke, jesus…

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 4-2 vs @variable

:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: The Nox Oracle appears again and I show her the might of the Flagstone Dominion. She submits.
:quince::psfist::pschip::menelker: Master Menelker, late of the Dreadlands, makes an ambassadorial trip to test the mettle of our armies. He is not disappointed.
:quince::psfist::pschip::gloria: An itinerant healer stops by to peruse our medicinal wonders. We quickly teach her that her witchcraft is barbaric.
:quince::pschip::psfist::gloria: I may have misspoken earlier. Her skills are beyond our ken and we respect them.
:gwen::pschip::psfist::gloria: Even her sister falls to her power.
:quince::psfist::pschip::gloria: After consulting with my ministers and magistrates, I’m able to send the mysterious woman on her way.

GGs variable! I look forward to our sets in the future!

5 Likes

Juushichi 4 - Bob199 3
Argagarg > Onimaru
Argagarg > Gloria
Argagarg < Setsuki
Valerie > Setsuki
Valerie < Argagarg
Setsuki < Argagarg
Persephone > Argagarg

Well, I guess I got my revenge from the last 19XX (?) where your Arg killed my Jaina, @Bob199. The games were back and forth as they always are. I’m pretty happy to manage continue on through the tournament in winners. Good luck in the rest of the tournament, old friend. Until next time.

5 Likes

lum_at_1st_sight vs @Fusxfaranto
4 – 3

Oooof whadda match! Still feeling light headed, haha. @Fusxfaranto, you’ll have to remind me if this is the correct order or not—mostly what I remember is switching briefly to Setsuki and promptly having my butt handed to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:

Good games! I had fun playing with ya! :chibilum:

5 Likes

Utralaw 4-1 Cypher (Loser bracket)

:valerie::psfist::pschip::chibipersephone:
:chibivalerie::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:chibiargagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:codexargagarg::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::persephone:

Ggs Cypher! i hope we get to play again once you gotten a little more practice time in with your Perse. Both Game 3 and 4 were close in there own way. Oni had a small window where he could have made a big comeback but i drew into all my 7s and it was all she wrote after that :s.

3 Likes

Losers’ Bracket

Zqxx v @Hobusu
4-0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

Rushdown :argagarg: has no regard for life or limb. Many :setsuki: throws were duffed by big 5 and 6 normals in neutral. It was Hobusu’s first time playing against :argagarg:, which was a bit unfortunate, but he adapted very quickly. Games 3 and 4 were much closer than the record implies!

Good games!

5 Likes

Getting eliminated from two tournaments in a single day, with a 0-4 record in both loser’s bracket games… #feelsbadman

Still, this was fun!

7 Likes

Awwww that can be rough. Here is some Ghost-chan hugs to make you feel better :heartpulse::chibighost::heartpulse:

4 Likes

Wake up, watch about 30 minutes of YouTube, then play Yomi. What could possibly go wrong?

19XX: Kerfuffle 3
1 Loss Bracket
Mystic Deadman vs. @mydrothers

:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibijaina:

Final Score:
MD 4-0 mydrothers

The games, as usual, were much closer than the score indicates. Half of the 4 games went to sub-20 health, which is about as comfortable a life range for Gwen as a bed of nails would be for the average Joe. I’d gone 2-for-2 on Dreadlands Portal usage, including a game winner in Game 1, while it took me until Game 3 to start beating out his Qs. He had trouble finding Aces to oppress me with in Game 1, but was able to use them to pressure me from Game 2 onward. It was a just a matter of me getting back to what works with me and Gwen, which is playing more patient than not at all.

I think it helped that I was listening to Mick Gordon music the entire set. That man is basically my spirit animal in music form. I hereby christen this track as Gwen’s unofficial official theme.

GGs mydrothers, and good luck to you in the rest of your Yomi career!

EDIT: OH GOD HELP I JUST SAW THAT BOBNUMBERS IS MY NEXT OPPONENT I’D RATHER PLAY XCOM 2 LEGEND IRONMAN THAN FACE HIM AT LEAST THAT GAME WOULD HAVE MERCY HELP ME PLEASE

8 Likes

There is no escape.

5 Likes

Gwen meta?

Caralad vs @vengefulpickle

:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta: Draw all the k’s, win
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: Draw all the k’s, lose
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: Draw all the q’s win
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker: Draw all the q’s. win
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker: Draw all the q’s, win

Gwen meta!

GG man, those draws were insane.