[Tournament] 19XX: Kerfuffle 3 - Tournament Complete - Legion Wins!

I’m unfamiliar with the genre, but pretend this is a suitably intimidating response sprinkled with legalistic double entendres.

2 Likes

Quince is this guy.

“You’ll never beat me, Yugi. Not when I play my… Two-Lies White Dragon.”

7 Likes

Quince’s genitals are terrifying.

1 Like

oh so we’re officially full anime now

well then. in that case.

we could always make this top 8

a little more interesting

2 Likes

See I was thinking of Quince as Pegasus, but the more I think about it…I think it checks out.

2 Likes

:warning: ATTENTION IT APPEARS THAT ANIME LEVELS HAVE REACHED CRITICAL LEVELS :warning:

:warning: REMAIN CALM AND PROCEED TO YOUR NEAREST ANIME SHELTER :warning:

5 Likes

The tournament organizer would like to remind everyone in Top 8 that it is not the case that “if you die in the game, you die in real life.” He would also like to vigorously deny that “there exists a prophecy that there was a person born inside the Yomi, who could shape the reads as they saw fit.” The prize for this event remains $20 CDN and not “life eternal” or “global dominion for a hundred thousand years.”

You do have to create a fully fleshed out fursona though. That’s an extremely real rule. 1,000 words of backstory minimum, submitted in PDF form.

Thank you,
The 19XX Management

7 Likes

Watch out, for from below, we rise!

2 Likes

Alas!
Global dominion sounded great!

2 Likes

GutterOwl loses 2-4 to MR75

:persephone::knockdown::psfist::menelker:
:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::menelker:
:onimaru::knockdown::psfist::grave:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::grave:
:persephone::knockdown::psfist::menelker:
:onimaru::knockdown::psfist::menelker:

Maximum salty about this one for reasons that have nothing to do with MR75, who played a good set and took advantage of some pretty bad tilt on my part. Thanks for the set, hope I’ll be able to redeem myself next year.

7 Likes

Hereafter some comments!

GGs GutterOwl, your mains are really scary!
Best of luck in your other tournaments!

5 Likes

Yeah, an appliance technician coming by at the exact start of a match is unbeatable tech. Especially if your dog flips out barking, and the guy ultimately charges you $100USD for doing basically nothing. The tilt lasts with you all day.

Also, I failed to apply my most important rule: Always stay on Perse when fighting for my life, no matter how bad the matchup. I don’t know if it would’ve helped, but at least I would’ve died with my leather boots on.

GGs, dude. Reset the bracket for me. Do this in my name.

8 Likes

Uuuugh. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

Attilian :ps4gem:-:ps2gem: @Caralad

:lum: :pschip::pscrash: :argagarg:
:gloria: :pscrash::pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :pscrash::pschip: :rook:
:gloria: :pscrash::pschip: :setsuki:
:gloria: :pschip::pscrash: :rook:
:lum: :pscrash::pschip: :rook: Great Pandamonium into Checkmate Buster !!!

Caralad caught me good with the strong counter pick to open, so I really needed that Gloria win against Rook to get the set moving my way. Caralad’s Rook was giving me fits throughout the set. Ggs!

2 Likes

Shoutouts to @BD_Corro for also holding it down with Setsuki. If you take either BD_Corro or myself out of the picture, Setsuki becomes a losing character in the historical MU chart.

6 Likes

LR6 @Castanietzsche vs MR 3-4

:quince::psfist::pschip::grave: The cancellor got life lead and took almost safely to the end…

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: Landed an early 2–>TPOS into a K (liar) spin, then huge cancellor comeback from 63hp vs 15 hp, till 16v15. Finally grab a K (truth) spin 8–>A

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: drew many 7s and 8s, got life lead and took it to the end

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: some good guessing, then landed a mixup 3–>TPOS

:quince::psfist::pschip::grave: balanced game, then cancellor took life lead… I tried a little comeback (cancellor was low on cards…) but no success

:quince::psfist::pschip::grave: hmmm…previous game yet???

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: very very close. TPOS in my hand vs only 2 cards in his hand… MM 2&Joker, another MM to draw some dodge (luckly I got them) and MT to prevent his 2. Dodged Joker into TPOS and next turn he unluckly (or luckly for me) drew a 4 (B/D). Throw into A…

GGs Castanietzsche! very tense!

As @Legion said: “no TPOS no win in this MU!”

3 Likes

Imho, you revealing the 2 for KtO and then actually playing it in the next spin was epic!
he lied about the K revealing a normal, and then u comboed into TPOS! Couldn’t believe my eyes!
PS: i believe there was a TPOS in game 3 too.

4 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 0 Attilian

:onimaru: :clock11: :pschip: :grave:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:

ggs Attilian, I was terrified going into our set, and I didn’t relax until the last combat was resolved

6 Likes

Does the clock mean that you won via timeout?

1 Like

Exactly that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes