Thematic "Decks"

Some multi-color decks are more powerful that others. We all know about [Past]/Peace/3rd wheel, and how Vandy and River have bff bracelets. This thread is for the others; those decks that sound fun and silly, but probably won’t be winning a tournament any time soon. Let’s take a look.

1. Dragon Disciples: [Balance]/Discipline/Fire
    After all that has said, all, that was done, after all those Qs, the 2 siblings are finally reunited with their first mentor.

2. Token Hero: [Necromancy]/Growth/Truth
    These heroes all generate tokens right away at level 1. Fill the board with so much stuff that your opponents loses from the confusion.

3. Eye of the Tiger: [Feral]/Discipline/Truth
    Calamandra has access to the entire suite of top predators.
    Bonus Point: Ramabasa Twin goes back to Codex so you always have somethig to grab. Turn Mirror tokens into tigers if you need even more.

4. Alignment Spectrum/Shin Megami Tensei: [Balance]/Anarchy/Law
    Play both sides of the debate. Starter lets you start off in the middle, but how you tech ultimately determines your fate. The favorite choice of Jack Frosts everywhere.

5. With Friends Like These…: [Strength]/Truth/Anarachy
    All 3 must put aside their political differences in order to overcome a common threat. Could it be Menelkor?!? :chibimenelker:

6. Project: B.E.A.R.D: [Present]/Balance/Truth
    Play as the 3 most manly specs and show the others how it is done.
    @lowtierhero

7. Big Puzzlers: [Fire]/Peace/Ninjutsu
    Can the three pillars of the Puzzle Strike meta extend their influence into Codex?
    @Zejety

8. The Grapplers: [Strength]/Bashing/Anarchy Balance
    The grapplers of Yomi unite under one cause. :chibizane:
    @Zejety

9. Bals-Bas-Ninja: [Balance]/Bashing/Ninjitsu
    Play as everyone’s favorite Fantasy Strike robot. Er, well… sort of.
    @rabid_schnauzer

10. Deatstrike Dragon: [Necromancy]/Feral/Discipline
    Your entire “win” condition is to get to Tech II and pull off Double Ultimate + the right Unit to play the most lethal combo in Fantasy Strike Lore
    @rabid_schnauzer

11. Lawful Blood: [Blood]/Fire/Law
    The true antagonists of the Blood Anarchs.
    @ClanNatioy

12. Disease + Growth = Cancer
    Disease + Growth + Necro = Bone Cancer
    Disease + Growth + Blood = Leukemia
    Disease + Growth + Fire = Radiation Therapy
    Disease + Growth + Finesse = Surgical Oncology
    Disease + Growth + Truth = Thank You for Smoking
    @Barrelfish

I will edit this list as others add more fun options to the thread. Thanks for your great ideas!

(There is a time limit, correct? I tried to put 2 lines between each number because I thought it looked less cluttered that way, but apparently I can not do that?)

16 Likes

If memory serves, @lowtierhero was working on Project: B.E.A.R.D. (Geiger, Midori, and Quince)

4 Likes

There’s no time limit to editing posts. You might need to spend some more time viewing the forums and commenting before the option unlocks though.

Big Puzzlers: [Fire]/[Peace/Ninjutsu
Can the three pillars of the Puzzle Strike meta extend their influence into Codex?

The Grapplers: [Strength]/Bashing/Anarchy
:chibizane:

6 Likes

Midori is very sad you left him out of the grappler deck

3 Likes

4 Likes

Midori, Troq, Setsuki –

Sorry but, Bal-Bas-Ninja is the closest you can get in Codex

7 Likes

how did you giant Zane face

Just googled for “chibi zane puzzle strike” :wink:

Bal Bas Ninja should be Balance Bashing Fire because Jaina has a Bow…

Setsuki actually plays like BBB though!

1. Enemies must jump through hoops to attack her
  2. While she’s on offense, she doesn’t take damage
  3. Very card efficicient once she has the upper hand
  4. Speed of the Fox = Overdrive
  5. Shuriken Hail = Gyro Spin
4 Likes

Garth + Calamandra + Grave.

Your entire “win” condition is to get to Tech II and pull off Double Ultimate + the right Unit to play the most lethal combo in Fantasy Strike Lore:

18 Likes

“Necromancy Ultate Magic I”

9 Likes

Blood, Fire, Law

The Blood Law abiders? Lawful Blood?

This is a deck I actually want to try out.

1 Like

Maybe “Official Firing Squad”

3 Likes

How about “Fascism”

2 Likes

Disease + Growth = Cancer
Disease + Growth + Necro = Bone Cancer
Disease + Growth + Blood = Leukemia
Disease + Growth + Fire = Radiation Therapy
Disease + Growth + Finesse = Surgical Oncology
Disease + Growth + Truth = Thank You for Smoking

8 Likes

Growth + Present + Future = Mox of Leaf and Claw

1 Like

Ramhorn’s Ramhorns [Blood]/Bashing/Growth
(This importantly comes with Makeshift Rambaster and Charge! for extra theme, but you could alternatively go with [Growth]/Bashing/Blood for the faster economy.)

Your “win condition” is simple: Get to Tech II and get a Tech Lab out. Play both Oversized and Regular-sized Rhinoceroses. For 11 gold you can play one of each and Bloodlust (or Charge if Drakk is already maxxed) to let them attack immediately.
Extra style points for also having Troq out and maxxed so you can ram with his horns, too.

I wanted to make a 3xRhino deck using Past’s Yesterday’s Golgort (clearly an ancient space rhino), but sadly there doesn’t seem to be any way to get all 3 rhinos in play simultaneously.

4 Likes

You can destroy and re-build your Tech lab to name a different Spec. This won’t let you get them all out on the same turn, but if you have one survive a turn, you can get all three in play at the same time.

3 Likes