Tactical Fantasy Strike: Mystic Deadman Plays XCOM 2 featuring the Fantasy Strike Universe

So I’m not saying that I could cut clean through a building with a single strike, but I will let the evidence speak for itself…

Also, I also took the +25 aim, +25 crit mod on my ranger and never regretted it. By the end, she never missed and almost always scored a crit - she was terrifying :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome back commander! :onimaru:

2 Likes

Relax kid, I got this

3 Likes

For anyone who’s still interested in this LP, it’s stalled due to timing and recording complications. I plan on resuming the LP soon, but now I’m waiting on both our local school year to start so I have some quiet for recording and for the new DLC for XCOM 2 to be released, because why not?

It’ll be a reset for a reason I’ll explain upon return.

3 Likes

It’s because killing me off seriously stunted your teams long term potential.

2 Likes

…more like killing EVERYONE off seriously stunted my long term potential.

More to come soon.

1 Like

You didn’t even put me in yet, coach! How can I prove myself if you don’t give me a chance??

1 Like

Glad to hear this series is not dead. And a reset could allow newer member of sirlin games to be enter as new entry to the squad.

1 Like

Let us hope Plum continues to be a badass.

3 Likes

UPDATE:

So here’s how my recording situation looks for now: I finished downloading War of the Chosen less than an hour ago. Because my PS4 hates being left in sleep mode overnight, it took me the better part of 3 days to finish downloading.

Game looks great. Just played a starting mission to see how it feels, feels great. Only problem I have right now?

THE CHARACTER POOL FOR WOTC IS EMPTY AND I CAN’T IMPORT MY XCOM 2 POOL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

So, it looks like I won’t be able to start recording until either the 21st or 22nd whilst I go through the arduous process of manually recreating everyone on the roster so we can begin properly.

3 Likes

Waaah?? Why can’t you import them???

Here’s a thread that might help save you some time:

Aha, here is a better thread:

Scroll down a bit, the information is there:

I’m on PS4. Those won’t help me, but thanks.

Oh of course… Inferior technology.
Oh well, I’m still excited for this series to start up again.
I actually bought xcom 2 very recently, in no small part because of your series.

2 Likes

NO
Don’t do that
Don’t be that guy
I work with what I have.

I do appreciate that I got you to buy the game. It’s super good, even on console.

1 Like

Come on come on, start recording and posting! I wanna see the ACTION!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some recording has been done.

#SOON

2 Likes

Yeeeeeesssss!

(why is this forum software so bad)

So, as it turns out, my microphone was crackling throughout the recording session. It’s sporadic, but it’s enough for me. I might have grabbed the wrong headset, since I have 2-3 that have issues and don’t work properly as well as a set I bought just for this occasion.

I’m deleting and restarting my playthrough. I can’t, as a man of with a modicum of standards, in good faith force anyone to go through that when it’s something I can easily remedy.

Sorry to everyone who’s already watched the first episode, but it’ll be changing and will hopefully be without sound issues when it returns.

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting you go that far! I just wanted the issue fixed in future.