Tabletop simulator

If you’re avoiding paying in general, and manage to pay nothing to Sirlin Games, aren’t you then successfully avoiding paying Sirlin Games anything? :thinking:

TTS is simply a medium to play the game I have paid for. Do you or anyone else pay Sirlin Games to use the “play by forum” spreadsheet?

As stated here before, I would happily pay for a rules enforced online version and ditch TTS if that were an option.

2 Likes

That’s a great question. Personally, i have paid for the offline version and love it the best. Bought it directly from the Sirlin games website. So far I taught the games to 6 or 7 people. They all liked it but only on the forum I play with people who I don’t have to teach.

5 Likes

Add me to the list of people with a paid box set looking to play on TTS.

wait codex is on TTS???
I thought it was only the starter set with incorrect info??
plz tag me in response

The only TTS Codex plugin is an unauthorized one.

I was under the impression that the Finesse / Bashing TTS module was authorized. Maybe not originally made by Sirlin, but made from the free print-and-play.

If one person in a group buys the game, can’t that person play with up to 4 other people that have not paid?

A game like M:tG is priced “per-player”. Each player buys their own stuff.
A game like Codex is priced “per-table”. One person pays and the whole table can play.

Having bought a set, I’m playing where I can. Forum or otherwise. And yes, TTS’s interface isn’t very good, but remember it is first and foremost a generic physics engine. Cards/etc are layered on top of that.

People have told me that as a playground for D&D miniatures – basically a tabletop for people playing “group chat in skype/discord” – it works wonderfully.

I play this game often, would love to find some partners! I often host/teach games when I am bored. I have the full set too, hmu.