News Shop
Events Forums

Summer Smash V - Round 1 deadline is July 15th

I believe the proper notation here is :setsuki::psfist::scream::troq: considering it was a perfect

Blast! @Fluffiness ended my 19xx run, and now I have to go up against him again in SS? I’m coming for you, @Fluffiness. You got me in 19xx, but you’d better be ready here in SS!

(There, that’s better. Can’t show weakness…)

cuphead2

“A brawl is surely brewing!”

Cuphead (SirHandsome) VS Quinn (Bob199)

THE RESULTS: (4-2)

:knockdown: :gloria: vs :troq: ::psfist:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :troq: :knockdown:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :troq: :knockdown:
:knockdown: :gloria: vs :zane: :psfist:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :zane: :knockdown:
:psfist: :gloria: vs :zane: :knockdown:

Score…2
Fake Checkmates…1 (forgot about creator and destroyer… luckily he didn’t have it!)
Deathstrike Glorias…1
Grade…A-

“Victory!”

I can feel it. Almost to the top.

Leontes vs. @ThreeHeadedMonkey

:midori::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:midori::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:zane::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:zane::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::zane:

Leontes wins, 4-2.

Some hero plays from 3HM in his two wins. I had a known FDB in hand and throughout the whole set I had been 100% aggro in DF; I think I played K, Throw in G1, and then K, K, Throw early on in G2. When I went into DF the third time, I didn’t think he’d let me raw FDB, so I backed off and tried to Dodge and got legit grabbed by an 8. I would have stolen that game had my FDB landed, excellent read.

In the :zane: vs. :onimaru:, I was actually winning for a majority of the match. I got him down to 19 and lost 100% of combats, and he clawed back to a victory. Very well played.

Brought out the fish and did fish things.

GG 3HM!

I’ve been doing pretty well stealing games from :degrey: lately, lmao.

Losers Bracket
Xiba vs @Caralad
4-1
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq: :midori: did many throws to counter Giant Grown. In the middle game changed into dragon form and attack many times and luckily :troq: had no block in hand at this moment. A risk move to use Final dragon buster (As as throw) and counter :troq: low speed throw so combo into another A to give huge damage. In the late game, :troq: hit back and let hp 8-6. So close but final dicision is Q vs throw so gg in the first round.
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :degrey: Almost no face card in hand and final hp is 5-28. J counter same speed J gg.
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: After losing one game, I thought which character I would choose to counter :degrey: but my brain didn’t work that time so continue :midori: ! A long time match and :degrey:'s TR didn’t give him more hp.
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: This game was so fast. :degrey: take big damage at first and then it’s :midori: time. In dragon form did so much damage with three Ks! So lucky.
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :zane: When :zane: came out I say damn. I don’t like this guy because lose many games against him (human control). I know his attack speed is fast so I choose block or dodge when in normal form and Q or dodge in dragon form and it works. After matck I know he has only face card and As in hand almost all time. So bad for zane!
Ggs mate. And thanks for watching @MR75. So I enter top 8 in SS V? It’s my first time to join the tournament. A good start always means something! Finally I would thank all you guys who played with me and taught me. I know it’s just beginning and a long hard way is ahead. I’m ready!

flagrantangles (Tellah) wins 4-1 vs @ArthurWynne (Eileen the Crow)
:quince::psfist::pschip::troq: I had pretty good draws and that helps a lot. Collecting all 4 aces silently is PRUY GUD, especially when you get to combo into three of them from a 6 attack. That said, I got a good lead and then started bleeding it away with some wild throws. I managed to close it out but Arthur was doing work!
:quince::pschip::psfist::persephone: I was never quite able to get off the ground here. I almost got in but a joker stopped me dead in my tracks.
:gwen::psfist::pschip::persephone: Did you know that doing a lot of damage off a combat win is really detrimental to characters who don’t have a lot of life?
:gwen::psfist::pschip::grave: Arthur pointed it out later, but I think I only lost a single combat in this round. Avoiding TPoS twice is really good for your health.
:gwen::psfist::pschip::troq: I had weirdly bad draws during this MU but was able to clutch it out. The power of spaghetti is real.

I had to bring back the #GwenMeta my friends.

“No, no, there has to be a way I can change this!”

chv

“This match is going to get red hot!!”

Cuphead (SirHandsome) VS Max (mysticjuicer)

THE RESULTS: (4-3)

:knockdown: :gloria: vs :midori: :psfist:
:heart: :gloria: vs :midori: :knockdown:
:knockdown: :gloria: vs :midori: :psfist:
:knockdown: :gloria: vs :troq: :psfist:
:heart: :gloria: vs :troq: :knockdown:

Score…1
1 HP Comebacks… 0 (weird to have a full Gloria set with no comebacks)
Near-Instant Losses, Even with Two Jokers in Hand…1 (Midori wasn’t messing around)
Checkmates to End the Set…1 (shoulda been one turn earlier, but slipped up)
Grade…A

Bob199 :ps4gem: : :ps2gem: variable

:valerie: :pscrash::pscrash: :pschip: :pschip: :codexquince:
:valerie: :codexargagarg: :pschip: :pschip: :pscrash::pscrash: :codexgrave:
:codexonimaru: :pscrash::pscrash: :pschip: :pschip: :codexgrave:

ggs variable

[A stack of papers are sitting on the desk before ye. This photo was among them.]

iwazaru%20was%20discarded

Thanks, @Bob199! Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Ye Oni is quite resilient, and ye other characters are quite polished, as well! In this match I discovered that there are many improvements I could make to my game, and I appreciate the lesson! I hope to play ye again sometime! :smiley_cat:

Thanks also to @Caralad & @Jengajam for running this Summer Smash!

Rhetorical Q:When’s part six…?

@jengajam now that we’re in top 8, could you make an updated picture bracket please?