Summer Smash IV

Ivan vs Jamie-chan - 4:3 Tense set. All games :geiger:vs :grave:
Thanks for the great games, mate.

4 Likes

I need to know the order of the matches in order to make the bracket image.

Midna (Fluffiness) 4-3 Lawton (@thehug0naut)

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::midori:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::midori:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::midori:
:chibipersephone::psfist::pschip::grave:

6 Likes

I was investigating into some of the strange circumstances surrounding the blackmail of children at my school when something very odd happened. I was accosted on the street by a goon in the employ of June Kaneshiro, a local mafia boss! I had questions I wanted answers to, but she just attacked me! Eek!

:chibivalerie: :pschip::psfist: :chibigwen:

While she was attacking me she basically admitted everything. That Kaneshiro has been getting the students in our school to traffic drugs for him and then using their crimes to blackmail them into his serviceā€¦ or worse. I couldnā€™t allow thisā€¦

I fought back!

:chibitroq: :psfist::pschip: :chibigwen:
:chibitroq: :pschip::psfist: :chibigwen:

I tried my hardest, but I was too weakā€¦ I always have tried to do my bestā€¦ do what adults tell me, and now look where it has left me. Noā€¦ I wonā€™t let it end hereā€¦

Iā€™m done letting adults choose how I live my life. Kaneshiro is going down.

6 Likes

Why is there two different reports?

1 Like

There is one report, split up into story segments. Jonny plz.

2 Likes

6 Likes

That set looks like it was wild! Seven characters in seven games?! :challenge:

3 Likes

But Mankindā€¦

1 Like

@copper8642 vs snoc, R1

:menelker: :psfist::pschip: :setsuki: Q++ DSD RIP ninja
:menelker: :pschip::psfist: :setsuki: x4

snoc wins 4-1!

I had some weeeeeeeeeird opening hands in there. One game was 2333348 (play throw, get shoryukened, bluff 4, power up all the 3s for SotF) and another was an absolute dream of a hand with JQK and two 7s for perfect BoT loops from turn one. That latter game would have been a perfect if I had been paying attention and took free lethal instead of opting to hold my 7 for a loop. I managed to punch DSD with a 4 at 54hp with no jokers to save that one. Would have been REAL SALTY to lose like that.

Also, can people stop playing characters that force me into picking Setsuki, I really want to get my panda/healing on!

Anyway, ggs copper, glad we could work around some awkward timezones to play!

2 Likes

You know, it wasnā€™t that long ago when nobody picked Setsuki but now she is everywhere.

I think a lot of people have slept on just how good Setsuki is.

1 Like

If you could provide a list of characters you would play Lum or Gloria against, that would be helpful. :wink:

4 Likes

@Ivan vs. @jamie-chan

:geiger::pschip::psfist::grave:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::grave:

Final Score

Ivan 4-3 jamie_chan

via replays

3 Likes

[details=Kayfabe]Well then.

I have to say, getting away from all the bullets and bodies that Gabe likes to leave behind is refreshing. Itā€™s hard to break someoneā€™s mind when their bodyā€™s already broken. And besides, itā€™s fun getting a chance to learn more about people Iā€™ve never met before.

So when Tracer got an invitation to this little tournament thing in her email, naturally, I had to snatch it.

The guy at the registration for this thing tried to turn me down at first, saying that there was a strict rule about only the people who were actually invited get to get in. But, with a little convincing and a little finger magic, I walked in without any trouble at all.

ā€¦I hacked the invite list, you pervs.

Anyway, after getting a run-down of the rules (Yeah, yeah. I gotta play by the rules. One-on-one, best of seven, donā€™t actually kill anyone, yadda-yadda-yadda) I got word of who my opponent for my first match was and decided to do a little research.

ā€¦
ā€¦.
ā€¦ā€¦

Huh. So his nameā€™s Dan Hibiki, eh? Says here that heā€™s taken part in some kind of World Warrior tournament. Never heard of that. On the plus side, that gives me more things to look into. Oh wait. Says here that heā€™s never made it out of the first round in that tourney and that most people around the world consider him something of a joke.

So much for that. And here I thought the first person Iā€™d square off against was going to give me a challenge. Oh well. Maybe I can still get something useful out his head or something. Just hack him and get it over with.

:chibigwen::pschip::psfist::chibimidori:

Didnā€™t see that coming. And suddenly, Iā€™m feeling the need for a drink. So much for my early scouting. Note to self: Parkour doesnā€™t really help too much against a martial artist if he manages to get close early.

The beautiful thing about these little gauntlets and implants of mine is that theyā€™re not just for my enemies. Sometimes, I have to hack into my own resources to make things work. Itā€™s just a matter of doing what needs to be done.

:chibilum::pschip::psfist::chibimidori:

Well, at least it wasnā€™t the total patear el culo(1) that the first round was. Giving my ammo a little damage boost helped me wear him down, and it gave me a chance to really see what this guy had to offer.

:chibilum::psfist::pschip::chibimidori:

Third round comes around, and I finally start getting in my stride. Turns out, itā€™s hard for someone to avoid bullets when youā€™re shooting him from behind.

This round ended up being a lot closer than it should have. Thanks to how loose the actual rules are when weā€™re in the fights, I can still use stuff like my camo and translocator, but this Dan guyā€™s a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He figures out some way to track me while Iā€™m trying to dance around him, but I managed to squeak out the round win.

WHAT THE HELL!

Nobody told me these karate guys got stronger when they get hit! Just when it looked like I was gonna get the headshot to put him down for another round, he basically trips over a rock on the ground and turns it into a crazy combo that makes me lose a few minutes somewhere in the dark!

Ya estoy lista para ese trago. (2)

Oh, pobrecito!

It took a couple of minutes for me to come around, but once I did, something in me snapped. I got lucky in that it seems like whatever this Dan guy did in the last round pretty much drained everything he had in him, and I took this one pretty easily. It didnā€™t hurt that I managed to get an EMP off and he ended up just standing there not knowing what to do.

So it came down to this. He starts throwing some major hits, but Iā€™m able to answer with some well placed bullets. Itā€™s close, but in the end, I manage to get a hack off and it slows him down. He tries to get a handful of coat to try and finish me off (since at this point, I was feeling really drained. Madre de Dios[3], this crapā€™s tough). Problem for him, though, was that when he did, he ended up introducing his forehead to the clip in my SMG.

All in all, this was a really tough fight, what I read about him be damned. Gotta say though, that if this guy (who everyone in his little world thought was a joke) got an invite to this thing, I canā€™t wait to see who else is here and what kind of interesting stuff I can get out of them!

ā€¦I might go back and get a quick hack on him. Some of that karate stuff might come in handy later.

Translations
(1) ass-kicking
(2) Iā€™m ready for that drink now.
(3)Mother of God

[/details]

[details=Standard Line Score]SummerSmash IV, Round 1
Mystic Deadman vs. @KenkakuKnight
:chibigwen::pschip::psfist::chibimidori:

Final Score:

MD 4-3 KenkakuKnight
[/details]

Big thanks to KenkakuKnight for working around all the scheduling kerfuffles, both mine and his.
Also, big thanks to @flagrantangles/Zivilyn for being in attendance and losing his mind, as he does.

GGs d00d, and good luck the rest of the way.

7 Likes

Carpe (LORD JARAXXUS) vs. @tcby (KARIN)

THE FIRST OF THESE MORTALS STEPS UP TO FACE ME!! AND WHAT AUDACITY, TO BE FACED BY ONE WHO ATTEMPTS TO WIELD THE POWER OF THE INFERNAL!!! SUCH LACK OF DISCIPLINE, SUCH RECKLESS BURNING!!!

I MUST CRUSH THIS INTERLOPER WITH THE POWER OF TRUE DISCIPLINE AND BURNING BURNING BURNING BURNING

UHā€¦DISCIPLINE! AND BIG HEAVY BLADES OF FURY!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

GUARD CRUSH!!!

G1 :onimaru: > :jaina:
G2 :onimaru: > :jaina:
G3 :onimaru: > :jaina:
G4 :onimaru: > :jaina:

5 Likes

MR (Zankuro) vs @Attilian (Black Lotus)

:grave::pschip::psfist::troq: The beast again!!! and no way, troq smash (ultra fast too)
:grave::psfist::pschip::troq: balanced game. Got smashed by two Ks, then I came back with some good attacks, then looong tense game till 10hp vs 20hp and finished tpos vs Q!
:grave::psfist::pschip::troq: good start hand (three 7s :slight_smile:), balanced till 36 vs 49, then luckly biggest troq but without Aces!
:grave::pschip::psfist::degrey: Degrey time. Easily controlled by Attilian --> smashed!
:grave::psfist::pschip::degrey: Long and close game. Down to 12hp vs 1hp.
:grave::psfist::pschip::degrey: Fast game: rain of whacks on both side!

Final score: MR 4-2 Attilian
GGs Attilian

7 Likes

My reporting method has been stolen!
:sob:

5 Likes

I love it!
Although I took only the summarized part, whole description is too much work!
You should have registered the patent, you could have become rich! :sweat_smile::money_mouth:

2 Likes

What can I say? When I go to tell a story, I tell a story.

3 Likes