Summer Crash

I’ve decided to run a summer Puzzle Strike tournament. Standard counterpick. Random bank after choosing characters game 1. Medium Timer.
This tournament will be double elimination rather than Swiss. You will have 1 week to complete each match. Signups will be now to September 7, and matches will begin shortly after.

5 Likes

Hey, I’d like to join the tournament!

(Sorry this is public and not a PM, my forum account is brand spanking new and I can’t send PM’s yet)

5 Likes

Public is perfectly fine

2 Likes

I will play

3 Likes

Count me in

2 Likes

I’m in!..

2 Likes

I’m in as well

2 Likes

Should the signup period be extended to see if a few more players sign up? If not, then we can start setting up the brackets

Maybe a couple more days, maybe send some dms to the players of the last tournament?

1 Like

I like that plan

alright, put me down for it, I can manage some PS

3 Likes

Might as well join, get some variety instead of just Yomi!

Edit: @Nopethebard, I’ve been told that I may need to evacuate at some point because of a fire that started today, so while I want to participate please keep in mind that I might have to withdraw if that does happen.

3 Likes

count me in too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll join too, thanks.

5 Likes

when is the tourney planned ? autumn crash ? :x

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to start it for the last few days. I’ll send the match PMs later today

Here’s the bracket! I don’t know how to use Challonge so I drafted the bracket by hand.

NopetheBard-

Zak- ————

Sirhandsome-

PetE————

Zeromh-

Quaz—-

Carpeguitarrem-

Hobusu————

Castanieche gets a bye this week and will take on the winner of Carpeguitarrem v Hobosu.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone!

@Nopethebard I’m happy to play in the first round. Also I can’t get PMs to work. Is this a new account thing?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s probably because your account is too new. If you read enough other posts on the forum and generally do things that prove you’re not a spambot, I’m sure those restrictions will relax quickly!

Edit: @DDDDD, you can find more information about Discourse trust levels here:

Here’s the relevant section:

At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users
1 Like