Solo Shodown

monorail :setsuki: vs @snoc :gloria:

:setsuki: > :gloria:
:setsuki: < :gloria:

Video will be here when it finishes uploading: yomi solo showdown - monorail (setsuki) vs snoc (gloria) - YouTube
But probably wait for snoc’s video, they’re more experienced :stuck_out_tongue:

ggs! Extremely sorry for the delay…

6 Likes

GGs indeed, I think this matchup is way worse than the historical data suggests, perhaps because Gloria is much more restricted to experienced players and Setsuki is very accessible to newbies. Healing Sphere is pretty irrelevant, and while you do only need to OD a few times to get though those 70hp, it’s really hard to win combat and K throw ender is so unpleasant to deal with, and Sets is very happy to see 70hp on the other side. I’ll post my video on the other thread.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about the matchup in preparation for the games and, despite not knowing a lot about Gloria, my decision was “i’m probably just going to press buttons”.

I think Setsuki can outpace your healing without too much trouble, and I was happy almost every time I saw Overdose; Setsuki has really consistent access to her resources, as opposed to most other characters who have to build up their resources so they can go ham in the late game, so it feels like anything that hurts both players should favour her implicitly. I love to see a short game where my opponent can’t build to what they want to have.

5 Likes

also you did very well at having 10s whenever you needed them

2 Likes

vengefulpickle :zane: vs @ArthurWynne :persephone:

:zane::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:zane::pschip::psfist::persephone:

GGs! Zane’s crazy damage of random combat wins was the only I scraped out those matches (and most of them were within one or two combats of going the other way). Every time (3? 4?) that I managed to get MA, @ArthurWynne managed to defang them (twice with dodge into MC while I still had the MA in my hand).

4 Likes

tbh, I think every single time I countered something I thought “i guess countering this is nice, but mostly I just love the fact that I can go down 3 cards”

3 Likes

Smoke Bomb would suck except that’s a setsuki card

1 Like

…huh. ive been wondering when this was gonna start, just now saw that i wasn’t added to the bracket. dang.

3 Likes

@Nopethebard @vengefulpickle its still in week 1 caralad has a bye this week, have caralad and gutterowl play this week then update schedule of future weeks? Seems like an easy fix to me

4 Likes

Sounds good!

2 Likes

cc @GutterOwl and @Caralad to see this

3 Likes

Gah! Sorry about that, @GutterOwl, not sure how I missed you in the signups. I’ll add you against Caralad.

2 Likes

300px-Finally!_A_worthy_opponent!

6 Likes

heck yeah :smiley:

4 Likes

Ok, @GutterOwl and @Caralad, you have your thread.

Everyone else: sorry for the spam… sometimes, automation is a curse.

3 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 1 @SouthpawHare
:zane: < :bbb: got sent to range turn 1 never got out, perfected, had no chance.
:zane: > :bbb: got sent to range turn 1, got out with block block never got hit again other than my K eating a block but then luckily having slipstream to not be checkmated to his normal to send me to range and honestly probably kill me cuz i had 5 cards
:zane: > :bbb: perfected, had massive damage combos
:zane: > :bbb: nailbiter back and forth. Avoided dying to 9 mixup twice, got out of range once, finally killed him when I was at 2 cards. Had ~30 life and almost 100% to lose if i get hit once.

GGs SPH this matchup is so terrifying I hate it soooooooo much. Thrilled to escape from your robot!

6 Likes

:gloria: Daniel Stretulch vs. @MR75 :grave:
:grave:beat :gloria:
:gloria: beat :grave:
:grave: beat :gloria:
:grave: beat :gloria:
@MR75 wins

Video sometime in the future.

7 Likes

Video up: Daniel vs MR - Solo Showdown July 2020 (Unedited) - YouTube

5 Likes

gutterowl 3-2 @Caralad

perse < val
perse > val
perse < val
perse > val
perse > val

this matchup felt like an hour long panic attack. val can clean perse in two optimal combats. the first four were very tense back and forths, felt like bomb defusal the entire time.

the last game i drew trip aces and 10 by turn three, and almost persefected caralad. left val on 4. three combats later and i was down to 30 and sweating for my life. i could hear kill bill sirens.

made a hard duff read with a raw perse 6 against val 7 to fend off the total runback. if i hadn’t, i’m pretty sure i would’ve been a skidmark.

ggs caralad. i hope you do well, but i’m also kinda guilty-hoping you crash and burn, because i DO NOT want to stare down that val in the playoffs. i don’t think my heart can take it a second time.

9 Likes

Cubert :vendetta: 3 vs 2 :gwen: MysticDeadman

(finally accepted)

5 Likes