[Series] PHRAWGER VS TWENTY-SEVEN IN: FULL CAST CONSEQUESTES

#FULL CAST CONSEQUESTES
##The Challenge
###Inspired by the Yomi Olympics/Conquest format, the two combatants will play in a First to Twenty series. Whenever a player wins with a character, they may not use that character for the rest of the series. Matches are double-blind.

To win the series, you must win with each character in the cast once, but once you win with that character, you’re stuck without them.

Twenty-Seven made the perilous mistake of issuing this hare-brained challenge in a room of people when one of those people was me. I live for goofy challenges and this was the goofiest.

##The Challengers
###Paul@Phrawger” Wranger vs “Not A Prime Number” @Twenty-Seven

##The Stakes
###The winner will design two t-shirts, one for the winner and one for the loser, and the loser will pay for the creation of those shirts.
The loser will also be “forced” to take a selfie with their shirt.

##Current Record

[Phrawger’s Record on the left, Twenty-Seven’s Record on the right. A player’s stamp on a particular character signifies a win with that character. Please disregard the gold :argagarg:. Some of us got lazy about screenshots.]

Full Series Synopsis

ROUND 1 RESULTS:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :lum:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:

This thread will be used to catalog the series, as well as announce when we’ll be playing/streaming the matches. We’ll probably play 3-5 rounds at a time.

16 Likes

Reminds me of the Rook vs the World event. WIll be interesting to watch. I hope you will be announcing your matches beforehand?

Yeah, we’ll let you know before we sit down to play. Scheduling may be a little rough because of 27’s work times, but we’ll give a heads up.

1 Like

I LOVE the prize/forfeit

5 Likes

Don’t use scare quotes for “forced.” I’ll see you both soon enough. The threat of “force” is not to be discounted.
(PSA: physical threats are not cool unless they’re aimed towards close personal friends who know not to be worried)

3 Likes

The scare quotes were mostly to mean that, like the memelords we are, we’d be more than glad to wear whatever monstrosity our opponent comes up with.

3 Likes

I rate this event 27/27 and will make every effort to cast it as long as it’s not too inconvenient!

7 Likes

You are a gentleman and a scholar, and I cannot at all guarantee that it’ll be convenient. We can try to factor it in for scheduling decisions!

3 Likes

Naw don’t worry about it. I’ve got enough tournament commitments on the go that I’d just slow the process down. Also my weekends are going to get busy pretty soon. But I’ll keep an eye open!

3 Likes

I’d like to say that between the two of us we should be able to cover most of the games, but the reality is that 27’s schedule is basically the opposite of mine.

PS: I’d like to officially announce that I’ll be cheering for Twenty-Seven. GO TWE

3 Likes

Wow, this is an awesome idea! Looking forward to see how this plays out.

AND I will try to convince my gaming partner to try this as well. Looks like a fun way to force yourself to try out characters you normally don’t play.
Only problem is that I can not play mirror matches since I only have one Yomi set. But I guess we will just repick then.

Sweet! Have fun playing!
And thanks again for the great idea!

4 Likes

#TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

ROUND ONE WILL TAKE PLACE THIS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, AROUND 7:30 PM EDT

PREPARATIONS ARE BEING MADE

ROSTERS ARE BEING FLEXED

TEARS ARE BEING SHED

MOSTLY BY ME, BUT, Y’KNOW, WE ALL PREPARE IN OUR OWN WAYS

###JUDGE ME AT YOUR PERIL

See ya there.

8 Likes

Please tell me someone’s recording this. I have to work at that time, and I REALLY don’t wanna miss something stupidly-awesome like this.

4 Likes

I hope to be able to record this Friday’s session, what with these dummies being my dummies and all.

6 Likes

I would gladly jump on a cast if I’m available!

5 Likes

The update is, looks like I’m unavailable, so someone else is gonna have to get on this!

If my calculations are correct this is half past midnight UK time, so I’d be happy to jump on and do a co cast with @mysticjuicer if he wants?

3 Likes

Balls. I just realized I’m fighting lowtierhero at the same time tonight. Depending on how long this goes, I could jump on a cast after that match it done, or start casting at a reasonable break point or something.

#ROUND ONE RESULTS
##This is the best worst idea we’ve ever had
PW – vs – 27
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :lum:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:

3-3 Overall.
Phrawger loses Onimaru, Troq, and Lum.
Twenty-Seven loses Lum, Zane, and Gloria.

@mysticjuicer and @snoc lose their goddamned minds over our flailing nonsense. Thanks for streaming!

Updated Scoredboard

5 Likes

Just noted this title was a parody of one of my favorite fan fics. Whoever came up with that title is the one I’m cheering for.

5 Likes