UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! This freaking puzzle!
So this is what I've got so far...
Start with 5 gems in the pile and...
Bang then Fizzle
It's Combo Time
- In order to get down to 4 gems, first need to 'Safe Keeping' a gem into the bag (one black arrow remains)
- Then we can 'Bang then Fizzle' (two black arrows remain)
- We draw a and 'Crash Gem'
- The allows us to play 'It's Combo Time' (two black arrows remain)
- We draw 'Combine', , , and 'Creative Thoughts'
- In order to get the gem pile high enough to play 'Combinatorics', I need to 'Option Select' into 'Risky Move', so I do that, putting the into the pile (one black arrow remains)
- Play 'Combinatorics' (one neutral arrow remains)
- Play 'Creative Thoughts' to gain a black arrow and draw a chip - the draw always gets a so it's equivalent (?) to the +1$ option, but gets us further into our bag (one black arrow remains)
- Play 'Combine', combining twice, getting a and a (one black arrow remains)
At this point
- I have 'Three Colours', a 'Crash Gem', and $3 worth of gems in hand
- I have a , $1, and one black arrow in my action phase
- The draw order of the next turn is: 'Option Select', , 'Option Select', 'Bang then Fizzle', [whatever chip I buy], 'Chromatic Orb', 'Crash Gem'...
- I am stuck.
I'm pretty sure Three Colours is worthless, because the only blue chip in the bank doesn't do anything, and there are no red chips at all. I'm pretty sure crashing the on turn 1 is not the correct play, and that I should stash it.
'Option Select' will allow me to combine x2 because of 'Combinatorics' ongoing ability, so I get another that way. The issue I'm running into is that I don't have enough black/purple arrows to play 2 'Crash Gems'. I think the solution is to Crash twice, getting down to 3 gems in the pile, then have 'Bang then Fizzle' get me the fuel I need to keep doing stuff... but I don't see how I can possibly get enough arrows to do that out of the turn 2 draw.
I don't want the whole solution spelled out for me, but if someone could point out the 1st error I'm making in my thinking that'd be much appreciated