Rules Questions thread

I know you can destroy your own add ons, but can you do the same to your tech building?

No, you can’t just get rid of your tech building because you don’t like it.

4 Likes

Tokens that leave play are gone forever.

3 Likes

You cant but I see the strategic value of it if it was possible. But would be broken tbh.
For example when your tech2 is at 3 life remaining and opponent could deal the last 3 dmg during his coming turn, you could simply play your tech2 units first then destroy your tech2 and rebuild it.

3 Likes

What happens with Soul Stone and Squad leader. Does the shield return after the “resurrection” does the unit stay in the squad lead spot?

The sqaud leader armor only happens at the start of the opponent’s turn. If it gets removed by something, then the patroller has no armor for its second life.

However, the unit also does not leave the patrol zone when the soul stone falls off.

2 Likes

Hmmmm , I think this is not an accurate statement.

If no squad leader is placed and Zane maxbands shove a scavenger to squad lead position, the 1 damage from the maxband will be dealt to remove the armor. Is that not how it works?:astonished:

2 Likes

I think you’re right, but the point was that Squad Leader only gives 1 armor each turn. It doesn’t regenerate for anything that would give a second life within the same turn.

That’s right. For the same reason, it takes 13 damage to kill a maxband, full health Rook in Squad Lead:

• 1 damage to destroy the armor
  • 6 damage to make him crumble (note that doing more than 6 doesn’t give you any benefit)
  • 6 more damage to kill him once he’s crumbling
4 Likes

Can base health ever go over 20?

Answer: (Outside of 2HD) No. A base always has 20 HP, and that never changes. Damage on the base can be repaired, but once you reduce damage to 0, it’s back at full health and you can’t repair damage that’s not there.

2 Likes

Quince’s midband, it targets the creature it is copying correct? And so without Macciatus you cannit target yoyr own illusiins to copy l without destroying them.

A Sentry ruling I found dated 3/11/2016 states:

The damage done by the sparkshot ability and by the Tower add-on are both combat damage. But they are also both “abilities” so Sentry CAN prevent their damage.

Three separate questions:

1.) Does a scenario exist where a sentry could prevent the damage dealt by a tower? Perhaps that’s an old ruling before all card text was finalized so maybe it doesn’t work the same anymore? I think a sentry can never prevent tower damage under the current rules.

2.) Are multiple sentries redundant (i.e. Any number (1 or more) sentries in play for one player will only prevent a total of 1 damage each turn)? I think infinite sentries will prevent a total of 1 damage.

3.) Does a sentry prevent the next damage dealt after it comes into play, or will the game know if damage has been done before it entered play and therefore the new sentry will not prevent the damage?
i.e:
Player A trashes Player B’s sentry with Prynn
Player A attacks with something and triggers sparkshot to deal 1 damage to something
Prynn dies and returns Player B’s sentry to play
Player A attacks with something and triggers sparkshot
Does Player B’s sentry prevent the damage? I think the sentry will not prevent the damage because its not the ‘first’ damage dealt this turn.

1 Like

quince midb does not target.

2 Likes

I don’t think it targets. Compare with Bigby’s midband, which has the target symbol :target: on it.

1 Like

Lol oops so my memory isn’t great I swore i sae a target but yeah. Thanks for humoring my vrain lapse

1 Like

Another question/clarification thats hopefully not another example of my lack of sttrntion

Firebat (and otger cards with paid abilities)- I am able to use the paid ability multiple times correct? So if there are 3 2/2 units patrolling, I can spend 3 coins to clesr their patrol zone assumibg no resist.

Firebat needs to tap as a cost for using its ability. In order to use it three times you’d have to find a way to untap it twice. Otherwise, yes, you can use an ability as many times as you can pay the cost. In this case the cost is 1 gold and tapping firebat.

Sentry answers:

1. No, there’s no way that a tower can deal damage to a patroller under the current rules.

2. You’re right, there’s only a single instance of first damage. If you have two sentries in play, you can choose which of them uses their ability, but the other won’t prevent any further damage.

3. Sentry prevents the first damage dealt each turn. If it wasn’t present when that damage was dealt, its ability won’t trigger again this turn.

TL;DR: You’re right with all your answers to your own questions

2 Likes

Oh i thougjt the comma was either or not both

There are cards that says "or"
Spore Shambler

2 Likes