Rules Questions thread

Omg, you’re brilliant. That’s so niche!

3 Likes

I am pretty sure they are both triggers caused by declaring the attack and just get ordered as desired, but definitely resolve before any other parts of combat.

Not sure whether that’s consistent with the Steam Tank + Behind the Ferns interaction.

Both Stealth (ie, checking if the attack is legal) and Steam Tank (bonus based on what is being attacked) happen before any “attacks” triggers enter the queue.

Setsuki is “pay 1 each time you “would attack” her” which makes it a replacement effect that modifies “declare Setsuki as the target” to “pay 1 gold and declare Setsuki as the target”

Suppose you have Behind the Ferns in effect, and a Huntress two-stepped to a 0 hp Glaxx, and 1 gold available. Can you declare an attack against a non-patrolling Setsuki if there is a patroller? Sources say, check with @sharpobject.

2 Likes

That’s “attack target” as opposed to :target:, right? :wink:

1 Like

If you have some unit that does not have stealth, you cannot use that unit’s stealth ability to bypass patrollers.

Does Chameleon Lizzo’s effect trigger before Ephemeral? They both occur at the end of turn, so can you determine the order?

1 Like

Active player decides the order of resolution if two or more things happen simultaneously.

2 Likes

Can The Tower add-on “see” (and deal 1 damage) to enemies attacking anywhere (i.e. attacking any unit, hero or building)?

1 Like

The tower deals 1 damage to attackers who are attacking ANYTHING controlled by the player (or team in 2v2) with the tower. It doesn’t just trigger when they attack the tower itself. — Sirlin

Source: Codex Card Database | Tower

2 Likes

If a unit with soul stone attached has fading, what happens when the last time rune is removed?

I think it would “die” from fading, removing the soul stone, and then you would get to have it forever without dealing with fading.

1 Like

Muahahaha, excellent.

2 Likes

Remember to post your results in the ‘When the Codex hits just right’ thread. :wink:

6 Likes

If you use Sanatorium to bring in a unit that has forexast hiw dies that e actly work?

Do i get to bypass the forecast part or do i wait for the time runes to go away then get the unti for a single turn due to ephemeral?

The second thing.

3 Likes

Are hero abilities that trigger when they reach the band (e.g. Zane’s or Geiger’s maxband) mandatory? For example, is Zane obligated to shove a patroller to another slot even if the player doesn’t want to?

Yes, you have to do them if at all possible.

1 Like

In most heroes’ maxband, it is obligatory, but doesn’t function during an opponents turn, because the owner has to make any choices required, and the owner can’t make choices unless the owner is the active player. You could suicide a hero to level an opposing hero and cause the maxband to not function because of this.

Desperation says “Discard your hand at the end of the main phase.” Does this mean that your hand is discarded BEFORE Discard/Draw phase so you only draw 2 cards?

1 Like