Rules Questions thread

I don’t believe that Add Ons count as tech buildings. That would be pretty weird.

1 Like

I agree it sounds weird, but I thought it was in the rules. I can’t be bothered looking them up now (it’s nearly midnight here, and I really should be in bed), but I’m sure someone else will tell me either that I’m right or that I’m definitively bonkers :stuck_out_tongue:

From page 4 of the Core Set rulebook:

Add-ons are not “tech buildings,” but they also take until the end of your turn to finish building and if they are destroyed, your base takes 2 damage.

That answer your question? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, it does thanks. Clearly I completely misremembered that quote! :smiley:

2 Likes

About Focus Master (FM)
If I deal exactly lethal damage to FM, can he uses his ability to save himself?

If an overpower unit deals lethal damage to FM and the excess damage is exactly lethal to another unit, does FM save that unit before dying?
Is the answer the same for all permutations?(overpower vs two units while FM in play, vs one unit excess exactly lethal to FM, vs one FM excess exactly lethal to one unit)

1 Like

If I deal exactly lethal damage to FM, can he uses his ability to save himself?

Yes. His text does not say another friendly unit, and he counts as a friendly unit.

If an overpower unit deals lethal damage to FM and the excess damage is exactly lethal to another unit, does FM save that unit before dying?

Yes. Overpower damage is dealt simultaneously, so just as Bugblatter sees its own death, the Focus Master sees the exact lethal damage and prevents it before dying himself.

So yes, the Focus Master can save himself, and will see the exact damage caused by Overpower whether or not he is about to die.

5 Likes

So, just to clarify, the focus runes don’t stop the Focus Master himself from dying in the situation where he is attacked by a unit with Overpower, even though he ends up taking exactly lethal damage?

1 Like
  1. Yes, FM should prevent himself from dying. FM checks for “friendly units taking lethal damage” and FM is a friendly unit.
  2. I think the excess overpower damage is dealt at the same time as the damage that’s dealt to the patrolling unit. FM never prevents the damage dealt to the initial patroller which is attacked, and will only trigger if the excess overpower damage target gets dealt exact lethal. I would think that FM would prevent the damage before dying, since it “sees” damage dealt to the other unit at the same time that it is being dealt the damage, and FM’s ability acts immediately.
  3. Yes, I think so, since the FM will never prevent the lethal damage dealt to the patroller that the overpower unit initially attacked.
3 Likes

Exactly right.

2 Likes

In the case of Overpower, the first unit hit does not take ‘exactly lethal damage’, so the Focus Master cannot prevent that unit from dying.

2 Likes

If I manufactured truth a unit into a Spectral Hound, does it become an illusion? I both Macciatus and a Reteller of Truths out, so this matters a lot.

Yes, illusion is a unit type, and type is copied.

But if the unit with overpower deals exactly lethal damage to the first patroller (no excess), FM will prevent that patrollers death.

Correct?

1 Like

Right, yeah, because it’s exactly lethal damage.

3 Likes
Not for Shax

Ephemeral, or in this specific case, Shoddy Glider – dies before or after the reshuffle+draw?

3 Likes
For Kaelii

Ephemeral is at end of turn, that’s after discard and draw.

2 Likes
Not for jalias

Harmony has limit: 3. I have two questions about this:
If I have 2 copies of Harmony, can I have 6 dancers?
If I have 3 dancers, I sac harmony to flip the dancers into angry dancers, then I play another copy of Harmony, can I make more dancers?

1 Like

[details=cstick]1) no 3 is the limit. 3 dancer is the cap. 2 copies of harmony simply spawn dancers faster, but always 3 tops.
2) idk. Depends if an angry dancer is still a dancer[/details]

1 Like

Legion covered question 1. Question 2:

cstick

still limited to 3 dancers. Sirlin’s intent was to make you be able to cover all scenarios with the 3 tokens provided in the physical set.

5 Likes

Suppose I bring a Crashbarrow and give it a Soul Stone, then I attack with it and it survives (soul stone still attached)
When the turn ends, I heal Crashbarrow and discard soul stone.
Next turn I have the same Crasbarrow ready to attack. Maybe vandy will use midband for another soul stone.

Correct soul stone/ephemeral interaction?