Rules Questions thread

That’s what it says on the card.

3 Likes

seems like a good reason!

yes, lots and lots of times :’(

Really?? I replied to it because I didn’t think I had so far.

I think there was just confusion that @MVashM was replying to a question farther up and not the current discussion, which was about a ruled issue.

Not for Drafting FFA folks

Does shuriken hail deal 1 damage to patrollers of every opponent?

Answer

Yes. It deals its damage to every patrollers.This text will be hidden

Thank you! It would be nice if you spoilered your answer, though.

Is below correct?

You can kidnap Bamstamper Lizzo then make it deal 3 damages to itself
Or 3 damage to enemy unit then attack with it

If max prynn trashes Bamstamper Lizzo then return it to play during one of your turns, you choose where the 3 danage is dealt.

You can use max prynn to trash a TRex then return it to play and choose to destroy enemy units upgrades or workers. You can also destroy the TRex itself with another unit upgrade or worker

1. No, Kidnapped units do not ‘Arrive’ again. Arrives triggers when a unit moves from out of play into play.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
1 Like

Clarification:

These only apply if it is your own Lizzo or T-Rex. If it’s your opponent’s unit, Arrives: abilities with a target just do nothing.

If you combine Kidnapping with Prynn, you can steal units permanently, so no need to have TRex kill himself.

2 Likes

Why is that? Bamstampers ability is not optional (the Bamstamper even has to destroy himself if there are no other units on the board), why wouldn’t the active player get to decide how it resolves? Seer’s arrives effect specifically says ‘You may…’ which implies the controller gets to make the decision.

1 Like

I am talking about my prynn or kidnap vs enemy TRex or Lizzo

So the answers to my question are
1.no
2.no
3.no
???
Meaning you never execute enemy arrive abilities if they trigger during your turn ??

Also can you elaborate on the permanent steal thing.
You kidnap unit then trash it with prynn then it returns under you permanent control?
When it dies it go to the owner discard though ?

Unless an ability calls for the “Active Player” to make a choice (i.e. Blackhand Dozer), the controller of the unit/hero makes all choices for an ability (which means “no choice/it doesn’t happen” when such an ability triggers on another player’s turn).

This is different than when a game rule or simultaneous effect requires a choice. If it isn’t an ability, then the Active Player decides what happens (e.g. which order multiple Dies: abilities resolve in after a Judgement Day, but not how those abilities resolve; or this choice.

4 Likes

To continue previous post.

I think the rule is like this:
Arrive abilities of units/heroes you dont control can trigger during your turn (eg if prynn trashes them and leave in your turn)

However you only resolve these arrive abilities if they dont have a choice making in them

For example
Bamstamper Lizzo wont trigger because you need to choose a unit to deal damage to

TRex wont trigger because you need to choose what to destroy

Panda will trigger and summon an enemy wisp because there is no choice making here

About kidnap not triggering the arrive ability :
A bit curious how things you gain control of dont trigger arrive ability but still have arrival fatigue
Example if you assimilate a fully stocked bloodburn, I believe you take it with the runes that are on it (correct me if I am wrong) but you cant use its exhaust ability on the same turn due to arrival fatigue.
Also in kidnap the unit come to your control with arrival fatigue but dont trigger arrive ability. (However since kidnap has haste, the arrival fatigue is not an issue)

2 Likes

As I’ve said in this thread before, ‘arrival fatigue’ is a bit of misnomer, as the fatigue has nothing to do with arrival. Units which didn’t start the turn under your control have ‘arrival fatigue’. Usually (but not always) this is because they arrived this turn. ‘Didn’t start the turn under my control fatigue’ is a lot less snappy, but if you want to call it that, I won’t object.

1 Like

Maybe just “Fatigue”?

1 Like

Stupid question : “DOUBLE INVISIBLE?!” (#4 I think?)

If a unit has BOTH stealth AND invisible when you attack an opponent who has a tower, it is detected by the tower – and thus takes damage.

It isn’t some strange interaction where the tower’s limited detector effect only allows it to negate ONE of the two effects with its detection, so the remaining effect prevents the tower from seeing your DOUBLE SNEAKY unit and thus it STILL manages to sneak past?

Having Stealth AND Invisible SHOULDN’T much matter on defense as even if there WERE overlap, the active player should always choose to negate invisible as stealth does nothing defensively while invisible does stuff, thus the ‘once per turn’ limitation is unimportant for any player who isn’t behaving ACTUALLY randomly (or some ultra bizarre edge case).

2 Likes

Invisible is basically a combination of three effects.

1. It has stealth when attacking.
  2. It cannot be targeted by spells or abilities.
  3. If it is not patrolling, it cannot be attacked.

If a unit has both stealth and invisible, it really just has stealth twice for the purpose of bypassing patrollers, which is the same as having stealth once.

3 Likes

When you play a building card such as Fox Den School, your ninjas will not become invisible (the card effect) until end of your turn when it finishes buliding?

Hypothetically speaking, if fox den school was an upgrade, the ninjas will become invisible immediately but you still cannot use the exhaust ability on the same turn it arrives.