Rules Questions thread

I more confused now.

Please help me out with this scenario.

Max rook in squad leader. He is already down to one health left to lose his first life

Lets also say centaur is buffed to have total of 5atk
But his remaining health is just 1

Centaur attacks
1 damage removes squad leader armor
1 damage puts crumbling rune on rook. Rook still standing in squad leader.
3 damage extra that cannot be utilised?

End result:
Rook got a crumbling rune and no damage
Centaur died without benefiting from overpower ability
?? Correct?

Incorrect, Overpower damage is targeted as if the primary target did not exist.

1 Damage hits armor, 1 Damage puts Crumbling Rune, and 3 Damage are aplied as if Rook did not exist.

1 Like

No, the 3 damage can be utilised. The game sees 2 damage is enough to kill rook, so Overpower lets you put 3 damage on one other thing that you could attack if Rook wasn’t there. Damage is then dealt, rook would die, but his Second Life effect triggers, removing all damage from him, and the Overpowered unit/hero/building takes 3 damage.

1 Like

I see … This is news to me.
So basicall if rook was the only patroller my 3 overpower damage can be directed to the base as if rook vanished momentarily.
And if there was another patroller, the 3 will have to hit that patroller.

Finally, if another unit try to attack in the same turn, it will have to attack squad leader Rook who now have crumbling rune and 0 damage.

I think I got it :slight_smile:
It is definitely a little bit weird to me.

4 Likes

Visualize it this way: the attack pulverizes rook into a pile of rubble, and your Centaur is then unimpeded has he charges through to hit something else. However, the rubble then immediately reassembles itself back into Rook, who stands there in time to block the next attack.

6 Likes

And now your centaur is stuck behind the enemy line and we have to make a movie called Save Private Centaur.

5 Likes

Tokens are tech 0 in the same way that Building Inspector is tech 0. So that will change if they copy something else that is not tech 0.

3 Likes

this is more for confirmation rather than a question.
About what has been told so far about nether drain, here is a scenario and how i think it should resolve:
My vandy achieved MAxband a turn ago, and now is 4/1. I have 2 more heroes on the field so i cast Metamorphosis. She becames 6/3, then garth nether drains her she becomes lv3 5/2 still alive with readiness and invisibility cuz metam is still there. Next turn i can re max vandy and heal her, right?
(the same if garth was already maxb and hurt).
Now my question: if it was garth maxbanded and 3/2(2 dmgs). he nether drains himself, so now is lv 4 2/2 (2 dmgs) and vandy metam. For nether drain he cannot lv up, but does he still gain readiness and ivisibility for the “do as much as you can” rule?

1 Like

Yes, he still gets all the other benefits of Meta (including the +1/+1 runes). Obviously, he doesn’t heal as he hasn’t maxbanded, but he will heal if you maxband him on a future turn.

ETA: The same would be true if your opponent had a Chronofixer in play.

2 Likes

Following play:

Drakk is in play and Crashbarrow attacks an opposing hero, who dies resulting in Drakk reaching midband and thus Crashbarrow gaining +1 Attack.

Does the +1 Attack apply to Crashbarrows Overpower or would it only apply if Crashbarrow had Frenzy before it attacked?

1 Like

I’m not an authority, but I assume that Crashbaroow doesn’t get Frenzy 1 in this instance. You should look at the ATK value at the point of declaring the attack, and not update it based on events due to that attack.

That’s how I would rule anyway - but I can’t rule out @sharpobject ruling differently.

3 Likes

Damage is dealt simultaneously. Crashb deals its dmg to the defender and the OP victim while the defender deals its dmg back. There is no interval. Hence CB attacks with 6 and deals a total of 6.
The maxband happens after the combat has been resolved.

6 Likes

Overpower damage happens at the same time as the damage Crashbarrow deals to the thing it’s attacking, so you use only one value of Crashbarrow’s attack for both things. That’s the value before dealing the damage and killing the hero.

3 Likes

Quick question jade fox is out giving ninjas flying and swift strike abilities opponent has 3 ninja tokens on map would they benefit from midori mid band +1 since they don’t have printed abilities. Or is it like i think which is no since something else is giving abilities

No, much like Calamandra’s midband gives units resist which turns off Midori’s midband.

1 Like

Did we ever get a ruling on whether you can ‘repair’ an addon building by destroying and rebuilding it?

E.g., my Tech Lab has been damaged by my opponent and currently has only 1hp left. I really want it to stay up until my next turn as I want to play a Tech III unit using it. At the end of my turn, can I destroy and rebuild it (spending 1 gold and taking 2 base damage), so it will be harder for my opponent to destroy?

I dont see why this wouldnt be allowed. Desroying your on addon is already on the rulebook.
Nothing against rebuilding the same addon .

1 Like

yes u can. add ons can always be sacrificed if one wants to. Just remember that ur base takes 2 and rebuilding is not for free :wink:

If I sacrifice my hero to omegacron, does opponent hero get 2 levels?
I assume yes

Can I return the hero back in the same turn?
I assume no, it goes through cool down.

1 Like

Yes and no

1 Like