Rules Questions thread

mind to explain? :frowning:

I think I remember that the do as much as you can thing means that you can sideline one unit, and then use the target ability of thunerclap to target things that can’t be sidelined, or that since you are not in patrol you are already sidelined but can still be targeted by the thunderclap?

Since is worded:
Sideline up to three units without flying that cost ② or less. (Move them out of the patrol zone.)

I think u can only target patrollers. What are things u cannot sideline?

The card doesn’t say “sideline up to three patrolling units” or “sideline up to three units that can be sidelined”, it says “sideline up to three units” only. That means it can target things that can’t be sidelined, which does nothing to them unless they are illusions.

Really? That seems odd. I would think you can’t sideline a unit that isn’t in the patrol zone, because sideline explicitly means “move something out of the patrol zone.” So you can’t target non-patrollers in the same way that you can’t target a hero with an ability that’s restricted to units only?

it’s more like whether you can target Gilded Glaxx with The Boot while your opponent has gold

3 Likes

If an Insurance Agent and the insured unit die at the same time (i.e. via Judgement Day), do you still get the gold and a card?

1 Like

yes, you still get the gold and the card. It is similar to how bugblatter and judgment day interact. Everything dies at the same time, so until everything is gone, all the card text is still in play.

3 Likes

just to be sure, Zarramonde’s effect triggers only if u play him from hand paying its cost.
Not if summoned from graveyard, or through feral strike

Graveyard doesn’t work because Zarra specifically says he has to come from hand. I don’t see why it wouldn’t trigger off Feral Strike though.

1 Like

When Prynn dies from fading, an opposing hero gets two levels and she’s out for the next full turn like she died in combat or something, right?

1 Like

You have to play Zarramonde from your hand. Feral Strike tells you to put two units into play, which is not the same as playing them. Anything that puts something into play without paying its cost doesn’t count as playing it.

Yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

Damn that’s unintuitive. :cry: The ruling on Feral Strike with regards to Boost makes it somewhat clear, but this feels like it should go in the database.

It is a little unintuitive. The ruling is in the database, but not on Zaramonde (look at e.g. Drill Sargeant). I don’t know if Zaramonde triggers when it comes into play from a Jail, as you did play it from your hand, but you’ve played something else since. Anyone?

Edit: nevermind (for some reason I cant delete my post)

Jailed units do give you runes on Drill Sargeant, because they are played from hand. When you play a unit from your hand, both Jail and Drill Sargeant trigger. Jail sends the unit to Jail (and releases the unit currently there), and Drill Sargeant gets a rune. Zaramonde is different, because it’s trigger is an arrive trigger, which Jail clearly says is not triggered until the unit is released.

2 Likes

Ah, good catch, gotcha!

Zarramonde’s ability reads:

Arrives: If you played Zarramonde from your hand, destroy a unit, hero, worker, upgrade, or ongoing spell.

This will work only if Zarramonde changes zones from your hand to in play because you played him. It will not work if it changes zones from Jail to in play, from your codex to in play, or from your deck to in play. It will not work if it changes zones from your hand to in play because of Feral Strike.

4 Likes

So hey, Warp Gate Disciple. It says “put a unit into play.” Suppose I play a unit with Forecast, though. Does Forecast take priority over the explicit instruction to put a unit into play?