Rules Questions thread

Reteller of Truths counts the number of times it is triggered because of how it is worded. It even counts illusions that died before reteller even entered play, exactly like drakk and orpal maxbands.

The reteller must be in play for its ability to do anything. If the reteller itself dies, it can go back to hand, but after that it won’t save anyu other illusions until it comes back into play. If the reteller and another illusion die from the same effect (such as sickness targeting) then they would both be returned to hand. See captured bugblatter / judgment day example of simultaneous deaths.

Active player chooses. The card does not require a choice, and does not specify random choice, so they would all get the reteller effect, but only the first 2 would benefit, order chosen by active player.

The 2nd Reteller doesn’t really help.

No, she won’t be able to save anyone once she leaves play.

I’m not sure what happens here. I’m sure if you have only 1 Reteller of Truths in play you should get only 2 units in this situation, and they are 2 units chosen by the active player, but most ways of filling in the lower level details here seem silly.

1 Like

Also, if you have a Reteller of Truths in play and 3 of your units die at once, do you get to pick which 2 go to your hand (assuming it’s your turn)? If it’s your opponent’s turn, do they pick? Or does it fizzle if you have to make a decision?

This seems to be the same as when a Hive leaves play, and its controller has more than 5 stingers in play.

What are the lower level details here?

Yes to both of these.

2 Likes

When a tower detects on offense to be able to attack an invisible unit/hero. Does it lose its ability to also detect on defense until its next upkeep?

The tower can detect 1 thing on your turn, then 1 thing on your opponent’s turn.

1 Like

Blooming ancient. Let’s say 3 units arrive so I place 3 +1/+1 tokens on him. Could I attack with him, then send those tokens to other units? What prevents him from using his transfer after being exhausted? Or is that just a rule that after exhausted unable to preform any abilities written? Please explain.

Nothing prevents that. One of the plays you can make with Ancient/Sergeants is to attack with them first, then move all their runes on another unit for a second go.

1 Like

Only some abilities require exhausting to use. These are:

1. Attacking
  2. Abilities with the exhaustion symbol in their description. That symbol is the one that looks like three cards, or 1 card in the motion of being turned sideways. You can see this in the Firebat description.

Any other abilities can be performed independently of a units exhausted status. For example: Vir Garbageman’s top band abilities can be performed while exhausted, but his midband ability cannot.

2 Likes

Another good example is spore shambler.

You can exhaust to move a rune, OR you can pay to move a rune.

Even if spore shambler is exhausted, you can still pay to move a rune.

So you can exhaust and move 1 rune, and then the following turn exhaust and move the second rune.
You can exhaust and move 1 rune, and then pay 1 to move the second rune.
Or you can attack (and be exhausted due to attacking), then pay 2 to move 2 runes.

2 Likes

If you play wandering mimic and fencer on the same turn, and then the fencer dies before you attack with the mimic, does the mimic still have haste or is it again considered to have summoning sickness?

Wandering mimic constantly gains/loses abilities. If nothing is in play with haste, it will not have haste.

In your case, it has haste for the amount of time Nible Fencer is in play, and doesn’t have haste when the Fencer is not in play.

Note: It has arrival fatigue the duration of the turn you mentioned (whether the Fencer is in play or not), as arrival fatigue isn’t one of the abilities it gains/loses based on its own ability. (Arrival fatigue is ‘overridden’ by haste, but is a trait that it still has).

5 Likes

Thanks, what I assumed but wanted to be sure

If something with flying is in play, Mimic can’t lose flying.

Crypt Crawler ability could be used on the Mimic all day long and Mimic would retain flying.

1 Like

Another weird mimic thing is when you use Drakk maxband to give haste to ,say, tiger cub.
Tiger cub survives until your next turn where you play mimic. Mimic gets haste from tiger cub… I hate bookkeeping .

Talking about bookkeeping, I hate fox den school. We need some ninja markers now…

2 Likes

Is that true?

You might want to quote something in particular.

I think so? There’s a general ruling that the latest effect overrides previous conflicting effects. If it’s true that the Mimic is constantly re-evaluating and updating his abilities, as soon as he loses flying, he’d check if there was anything else in play that has flying and then gain it again if so.

Sorry, I meant the bit about Crypt Crawler’s ability not working on Wandering Mimic. Why would it not ground the Mimic if Crawler can ground a base given flying by that one T3 Griffin?