Rules Questions thread

Nothing happens!

2 Likes

I think the forecast upkeep trigger should only happen for cards with forecast that are in the future, not for cards with forecast that are in play.

Edit: This text “Put three time runes on this and remove one each upkeep.” happens when Forecast replaces arriving with going to the future. “this” in that text refers to the specific card until it changes zones.

3 Likes

I’d like Snapbacked heroes to be the same functionally as recently-dead heroes (with the exception that they haven’t died)

4 Likes

In my interpretation it isn’t actually instructed to arrive here. Forecast’s replacement effect creates the delayed trigger that instructs stuff with Forecast to arrive, but in the case of a unit without Forecast being made into a copy of a unit with Forecast, that delayed trigger won’t be around.

Update: If something was instructed to arrive and was already in play, I would expect that to also do nothing.

5 Likes

What I meant was what @sharpobject said, but he explained it better than me.

1 Like

Is the Add-Ons be built immediately?
I need another Hero in my current turn so I build the Heroes’ Hall – can I summon my 2nd Hero immediately?
(e.g. just because at Tech 2 building I must wait 1 turn to summon Tech 2 units)
If Tech Lab immediately unlock an addition spec … so Heroes Hall (?)

No, just like with Tech buildings, addons are only functional from the end of your turn. So you can’t summon an additional hero on the turn that you build your Hero’s hall.

2 Likes

ok thx.
Does the Tech Lab unlock an additional spec during its building turn?
and what about other buildings?
e.g. FlagstoneGarrison

All addons (Hero’s Hall, Tech Lab, Tower, Surplus) only take effect at the end of your turn (so your Tower will do stuff on your opponent’s turn, but you can’t build it and then immediately use it to detect an opposing unit/hero).

Buildings that are cards (like Flagstone Garrison) are different. They take effect as soon as you play them, however they still suffer from arrival fatigue, so they can’t be exhausted to activate effects on the turn you play them (e.g. Firehouse)

2 Likes

I cast stampede. After that new units arrives in my board. Is stampede affecting them or does it only affect units already in play when casted

Stampede won’t affect units that arrive after after stampede.

Isn’t that in conflict with Fox’s Den Students? Language is similar, but FDS affects Ninjas you cast after you play FDS, I thought.

[details=Text of both cards]> Your units get +3 ATK / +3 armor this turn. Excess combat damage they would deal to units and heroes hits that opponent’s base. (This takes precedence over overpower.)

Summon four 1/1 white Ninja tokens. This turn, your Ninja units have haste and stealth.

[/details]

Yeah, the wording is really similar. Does it make a difference if it affects a unit type instead of “your units”?

Why do you think FDS affects Ninjas you cast after you play FDS?

Because I asked if it did in this thread and the answer was “Yes.”

In this post? I can’t see anywhere it was officially clarified it worked that way, just you assuming that it did, and @mysticjuicer agreeing with you, but there were a lot of discussions on different topics going on at that point, so I might have missed it.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a lot of times where I don’t want to bug @sharpobject with questions, so especially since it didn’t matter what the answer was at the time, I just accepted the first answer I got. Now there’s enough disagreement and confusion that it might be worth getting a ruling.

2 Likes

My bad. I try to always put “I think” in front of my answers, where I’m not sure or could be wrong. If they don’t get corrected by someone else, I then assume I got it right.

1 Like

Sorry, I maybe came across wrong - I wasn’t intending to criticise you or @Hobusu, I just couldn’t recall any mention of an FDS ruling, so I was trying to get up to speed. If there hasn’t been one, it seems to me that it should probably work the same way as Stampede, which we do now have a ruling for.

2 Likes

Ya, same with me!