Rules Questions thread

Hey everyone! I have a quick rules question that I probably know the answer to, but I just want to make sure:

Let’s say I have 8 workers and a constructed Tech II building. My opponent plays Detonate to trash one of my workers, then attacks and destroys my Tech II building. On my next turn, do I have to hire another worker (bringing myself back up to 8) before I can start repairs on my Tech II building?

My assumption is “yes”, but I want to be sure I’m playing correctly :slight_smile:

There are a couple cards that talk about destroying the weakest unit – lowest tech, weakest ATK. Is that ATK the printed value, or do buffs, debuffs, being a squirrel at the moment, etc., count?

Yes, that’s correct.
Similar topic, rebuilding counts as building for building inspector, and is optional.

2 Likes

All buffs / changes are taken into account when dertiming “weakest.”

Note that copying things also copies tech level, but does not copy anything except the printed stats.

3 Likes

So my Deluxe + Starter Set dual-pack arrived this morning, and I noticed a horrible misprint in both rulebooks that needs srs official errata immediately:

But the Dial came already Pre-Assembled in both sets. This is an outrage!!! I can’t believe such a basic error made it through playtesting !!1!!!1!!!..:rage:

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Heya everyone. I have a question about tech buildings and bases. I wasn’t sure whether the base was a building, but found it in my fourth readthrough of the rules or so, heh.

So my actual question is: Can I target any tech building, or do I have to work my way down? If I have to work my way down, does damage stick? That is to say, if I deal 4 damage to your tech 1, then you build a tech 2, does your tech 1 building still have 1 HP, or does your tech 2? And if you can attack any building, what happens when I destroy your tech 1 building if you’re at tech 3? What if I hit your tech 2 if you’re at tech 3? And if you demolish all of my tech buildings, can I rebuild all of them for free on my turn at once, or do I have to go in order?

Okay, that’s a lot of question marks for one question, but I’m a little confused on damage and the tech buildings.

Can I target any attack building, or do I have to work my way down?

You can attack any tech building you like, no matter if the higher-tech ones are still standing.

And if you can attack any building, what happens when I destroy your tech 1 building if you’re at tech 3?

If you do this, I can’t play Tech I units until I rebuild it. I can still play Tech II or Tech III units as normal.

What if I hit your tech 2 if you’re at tech 3?

In this case, I can’t play Tech II units until I rebuild it; I can still play Tech I and Tech III units.

And if you demolish all of my tech buildings, can I rebuild all of them for free on my turn at once, or do I have to go in order?

You must rebuild them in order, one per turn. That is, you can’t rebuild a destroyed Tech III building if your Tech II building is destroyed, and you can’t rebuild a Tech II building if your Tech I building is destroyed.

2 Likes

Wonderful, thank you! One follow-up:

Can you play a second hero? Or a third? The rules are a little unclear - “You can’t summon a second one; you’d need a tech 2 building to do that,” but all the other language implies that having a tech 3 building lets you play all 3 heroes regardless.

1 Like

Edit: this is wrong. See posts below

Your Tech II, Tech III, and Heroes’ Hall each technically raise your hero limit by 1. So if your Tech II is destroyed but your Tech III is still standing, you can summon a 2nd hero but not a 3rd. Yes, if you have Tech II + Tech III + Heroes’ Hall your hero limit is 4, even though you only have 3 heroes. This is useful in case you want to be really sure you can summon a 3rd hero even if they can destroy one of your buildings.

The hero limit only affects whether or not you can summon a hero though. If you have Tech I, Tech II, and Tech III, your hero limit is 3 and you can summon all 3 heroes. If your Tech II is then destroyed, your hero limit goes down to 2 but all 3 of your heroes stay alive.

Are you sure? I thought only your highest standing tech building mattered, based on the Heroes’ Hall ruling:

Heroes’ Hall only does anything when you want to play a hero. You can determine how many heroes you can play like so:

• If you have an active Tech 3 building, or you have an active Tech 2 building and an active Heroes’ Hall, you can play all 3 heroes.
  • If you have an active Tech 2 building or an active Heroes’ Hall, you can play 2 heroes.
  • Otherwise, you can play only 1 hero.
1 Like

That’s not correct. Tech 2 building sets your max to 2. Tech 3 sets your max to 3. Heroes Hall let’s you have one more than your max.

1 Like

So, to summarize/confirm, even if someone takes out your Tech 1 and Tech 2, but leaves your Tech 3 building alone, you can still bring out a third hero?

1 Like

Yeah, to my understanding it’s based on the highest-level active tech building when you summon a hero

1 Like

Yes, you can play all three heroes if you have a tech 3 building.

1 Like

What does the Pillage card reference when it talks about a “Pirate” in play? There are Red tokens named Pirate, but there are also Red units that have the Pirate keyword. Which is intended? I don’t believe it can be both, since the tokens do not have the keyword.

Units with the unit type of “pirate.”

I believe the pirate tokens are also considered to have the unit type “pirate” but I could be mistaken.

2 Likes

Yeah as far as I can tell, tokens are mostly just named by their unit type. I can tell because skeleton tokens work for skeleton lord.
The main exception here is Daigo Stormborne, who is a… Ghost warrior I think?

3 Likes

Token “name” is actually their type.

1 Like

Am in the middle of a game, hoping for quick answer. Is your base a building?

Yes it is.

Another Prynn Clarification. If Maxband Prynn removes a token unit with her ability and then dies, does the token unit come back.

1 Like