Rules Questions thread

No, all of that stuff is only around while the hero is in play and at least the proper level. Now that I look at the abilities, Drakk’s max band should really say “gains haste” to look more like Sanatorium and less like Drakk’s midband.

Anyway, I think there’s still a useful distinction on the cards: Those 3 midbands affect “your units” or “your units with some property” continually, and Drakk’s maxband grants a bonus to specific units at specific times. So it’s reasonable to think that Drakk’s maxband is a triggered ability that grants Haste, and the Haste sticks around because the ability that put it there didn’t specify a duration, but the other abilities are not triggered abilities at all.

2 Likes

Alright, thank you! Are you going to put this into the Codex Rulings spreadsheet and the db?
Because the combinations you mentioned with Mimic, Mind Control and Ogre Recruiter are interesting.

I will probably do that!

3 Likes

Isn’t this in conflict with what @zhavier referenced @Sirlin clarifying above? This does seem familiar to me.

I feel like a lot of explanations / clarifications have gone the way of the dodo b/c they never made it into the clarifications document.

It is not in conflict, depending on what excess combat damage means. “Combat damage in excess of the targets health” is more in line with definitions in other card games, so my earlier description is wrong.

Question from this game: Casual: prunetracy (Mono White) vs flagrantangles (Mono Blue) - #16 by flagrantangles

Does tower deal damage after swift strike? I have a Glorious Ninja patrolling and a tower, if Ninja’s damage plus tower is exactly enough to kill an attacker, does Glorious Ninja die? I’m assuming yes, but I feel like I remember a swift strike unit attacking a tower still takes tower damage so I’m not sure.

Towers deal damage at the same time as the attacker. So in your example, it deals its damage after your Ninja patroller.

Looking for some clarification on present magic Temporal Distortion when played it says return a tech 1or 2 of yours to owners hand. Can that be used to get a card that is in the graveyard zone or does it only refer to cards in play? We currently playing purple vs black purple gained control of graveyard thru assimilate a few turns back and now has units in graveyard that he owns

Temporal Distortion can only return cards that are in play. In general, if an effect can affect out-of-play cards, it will explicitly say which zones it can affect.

4 Likes

Units in the Graveyard are not on play, so no.

Flying and Overpower.

I have Void Star.
Enemy patrol is: SQL Wisp, Elite Huntress. Hero is not in patrol.

1. Can Void Star use overpower to kill Wisp and deal excess damage to Hero not in patrol? Since Void Star is a flyer, it could’ve attacked the hero in the first place.

2. If #1 is possible, will excess overpower damage dealt to the hero trigger Huntress’ anti-air fire? Or does she only react to intial attack (which wasn’t “flying over” her)?

2 Likes

Yes, and it takes no damage.

6 Likes

Xenostalker has the torget icon, so when you choose to target up to 4 patrollers, does that automatically destroy illusions?

i think so, since is like thunderclap. U can pick up to 4 patrollers, and everythng

1 Like

Yeah, it kinda has the same word usage as Thunderclap, tho since it refers to patrollers only, it shouldn’t hit other things than patrollers atleast.

Edit: not to open that can of worms again, but … why could we target stuff that we can’t move out of the patrol line with Thunderclap?

mind to explain? :frowning:

I think I remember that the do as much as you can thing means that you can sideline one unit, and then use the target ability of thunerclap to target things that can’t be sidelined, or that since you are not in patrol you are already sidelined but can still be targeted by the thunderclap?

Since is worded:
Sideline up to three units without flying that cost ② or less. (Move them out of the patrol zone.)

I think u can only target patrollers. What are things u cannot sideline?

The card doesn’t say “sideline up to three patrolling units” or “sideline up to three units that can be sidelined”, it says “sideline up to three units” only. That means it can target things that can’t be sidelined, which does nothing to them unless they are illusions.

Really? That seems odd. I would think you can’t sideline a unit that isn’t in the patrol zone, because sideline explicitly means “move something out of the patrol zone.” So you can’t target non-patrollers in the same way that you can’t target a hero with an ability that’s restricted to units only?