Rules Questions thread

When a token is returned to your hand, it is destroyed (because it can’t be in your hand). But they don’t “die”. So, e.g. if a token unit is in the Scavenger patrol slot, and a Stewardess of the Undone bounces it, the unit is destroyed but you don’t get 1g.

1 Like

Master Midori midband: What is exactly an ability? I know Flying, Frenzy, Anti-Air and the like are abilities, but does something like Abomination “All other units get -1/-1.” is considered an ability? What about Skeletal Lord or Wight?

Any functional text in the abilities area of the card is an ability. Things like Iron Man, Tiger Cub have no abilities. Abomination does.

Unit types, however, such as “Illusion” are not abilities.

1 Like

It goes to your hand, then it disappears from your hand.

Don’t blink!

1 Like

This is still listed on the Assimilate page, which I believe we decided was incorrect based on the card text of Spirit of the Panda:
“If an enemy unit has Spirit of the Panda attached and you Assimilate Spirit of the Panda, you now control it. It remains attached to the enemy unit and that unit still gets +2/+2. But now whenever it attacks, YOU get 1 gold and during YOUR upkeep, YOU get the Healing 1 effect. — Sirlin”

Spirit of the Panda text:
Attach to a unit.
Attached unit gets +2/+2 and “Attacks: Gain ①.” <- this is an ability gained by the unit, not the similar ability "when attached unit attacks, gain 1"
Healing 1 (During your upkeep, heal 1 damage from all friendly units and heroes.)

Also, the interaction of Assimilate, Graveyard, and enemy Tech II units buried there should be included on the Assimilate page. If I recall correctly, you are not allowed to name a Spec that doesn’t match one of your heroes when you build a Tech II or Tech Lab?

The rulebook says that once you have 10 workers, you are no longer required to tech 2 cards per turn. Does that rule stick for the rest of the game? Or do have you have to go back to teching 2 cards if your opponent destroys a couple of your workers and brings you down to less than 10?

1 Like

Whether or not you need to tech is checked at the end of your turns. If you have less than 10 workers, you must tech 2 cards. For example, if you have more than 10 workers, and your opponent destroys some of them, bringing you down to 9, and you make a worker on your next turn, then you do not need to tech any cards.

2 Likes

Alright, I can update these things in the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks. And if the opponent takes you down to 8 workers, then you do need to tech 2 cards. Good to know.

Does Argagarg’s ult (Stampede) apply to units that arrive after the ult is played in the turn? This came up when I had a Moss Ancient in play. I wasn’t sure whether I could buff the Moss Ancient, then also have his squirrels buffed when they arrived to be 4/4 instead of 1/1, or if it might be better to attack with the Moss Ancient solo, then buff after the squirrels arrive. I could see interpretations leading either way.

Stampede only affects units you control at the time you play it.

You might still be able to win by swinging with the moss ancient then buffing the squirrels though!

1 Like

Stealth allows a unit to ignore patrollers. What if it wants to attack a patroller, but not the Squad Leader. Can it ignore Taunt?

1 Like

Yes, it can.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I have a quick rules question that I probably know the answer to, but I just want to make sure:

Let’s say I have 8 workers and a constructed Tech II building. My opponent plays Detonate to trash one of my workers, then attacks and destroys my Tech II building. On my next turn, do I have to hire another worker (bringing myself back up to 8) before I can start repairs on my Tech II building?

My assumption is “yes”, but I want to be sure I’m playing correctly :slight_smile:

There are a couple cards that talk about destroying the weakest unit – lowest tech, weakest ATK. Is that ATK the printed value, or do buffs, debuffs, being a squirrel at the moment, etc., count?

Yes, that’s correct.
Similar topic, rebuilding counts as building for building inspector, and is optional.

2 Likes

All buffs / changes are taken into account when dertiming “weakest.”

Note that copying things also copies tech level, but does not copy anything except the printed stats.

3 Likes

So my Deluxe + Starter Set dual-pack arrived this morning, and I noticed a horrible misprint in both rulebooks that needs srs official errata immediately:

But the Dial came already Pre-Assembled in both sets. This is an outrage!!! I can’t believe such a basic error made it through playtesting !!1!!!1!!!..:rage:

:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Heya everyone. I have a question about tech buildings and bases. I wasn’t sure whether the base was a building, but found it in my fourth readthrough of the rules or so, heh.

So my actual question is: Can I target any tech building, or do I have to work my way down? If I have to work my way down, does damage stick? That is to say, if I deal 4 damage to your tech 1, then you build a tech 2, does your tech 1 building still have 1 HP, or does your tech 2? And if you can attack any building, what happens when I destroy your tech 1 building if you’re at tech 3? What if I hit your tech 2 if you’re at tech 3? And if you demolish all of my tech buildings, can I rebuild all of them for free on my turn at once, or do I have to go in order?

Okay, that’s a lot of question marks for one question, but I’m a little confused on damage and the tech buildings.