Rules Questions thread

Ty :heart:
And what about the double focus master interaction?

1 Like

Hey,

Good question!

This question is about like, when resolving his ability, does he care whether it’s still exact lethal damage? Does he care whether there’s still any damage happening at all?

2 Likes

I think it’s this: what happens if a unit receives Fatal Damage while there are two Focus Masters in play?

The options as I can think of them:

1. They both trigger, the first one prevents one damage and loses a rune. The second one’s trigger no longer applies since the unit is not receiving exact lethal, so it does nothing.
  2. Same as above except the second one still triggers, and prevents a second damage, losing a rune.
  3. They both trigger, but the second one doesn’t prevent an extra damage, but does lose a rune still. In this case the two Focus Masters both prevented the same one damage.

For case 2, would it make a difference if there is only 1 damage being dealt, so there isn’t even a second damage to prevent?

1 Like

I think sharpo meant that case 3, as i said at the start, is the right one. Basically the 2 FM trigger together, but once the 1 dmg is negated, the 2nd since triggered lost is rune to no avail.

See above :wink:

I don’t think that was an answer - more clarifying the question.

2 Likes

Hey guys, let’s go with this ok. Focus Master does not care whether the remaining incoming damage is still exact lethal damage. He also does not care whether there is any remaining incoming damage.

So if you have 2 focus masters, and one of your units is taking 3 damage, and that damage is exact lethal damage, both focus masters will lose 1 rune and your unit will take only 1 damage. If one of your units is taking 1 damage, and that damage is exact lethal damage, you will still lose 1 rune from each of your focus masters.

6 Likes

But, he said 2 Focus Masters prevent 2 damage, if there is 2 damage to prevent. You said the second Focus Master’s rune was just wasted entirely?

2 Likes

Hence i was right, as this was exactly what i meant

You got half of it right (1 damage of exact lethal, and 2 Focus Masters means they both spend a rune each). If 2 damage worth of exact lethal is dealt, 2 Focus Masters will mean no damage is dealt at all, which you were wrong about?

4 Likes

Stupid question, #6

Not for Zejety

If a unit such as Reputable Newsman, where it declares something as it arrives, is copied into something else temporarily via Manufactured Truth, does it remember what it declared when it returns?

Yes. 10char

Yes.

:10chars

Can Plague Lab be used to increase the number of FORECAST runes on an opposing unit? Delaying their arrival?

No.
Your spells and abilities cannot affect a card being forcasted unless that spell or ability specifically say that you can

Example
Time Spiral :
“Add or remove a time rune from a card (or forcasted card) with at least one time rune.”

OK, all clear. Thank you.

The risk of assimilate would make playing plague lab is a bad idea in a future game anyway.

2 Likes

Not a rules question, but a request to update the Codex Card Database card specific rulings for Midori. It currently still references his old midband ability to reduce costs - this should be removed.

1 Like

If I have a Tech 2 building but my Tech 1 and Tech 3 are destroyed, do I have to rebuild my Tech 1 before my Tech 3 or can I rebuild them both in the same turn?

If I have a Tower that has already detected something on my turn, can I rebuild it for 3 gold and 2 base damage to detect another thing?

Thanks

You can rebuild them both in the same turn

Your tower won’t be able to detect something on the turn you build it.

1 Like

question: if i have a flagstone garrison and i play from the hand a knight of the conclave, do i draw or not?

I’d guess “yes” because flagstone garrison just requires you to play it, not that it comes into play.

3 Likes