Rules Questions thread

1. You are correct. Basically instead of placing a damage counter, you place a -1/-1 rune. Poisonblade Rogue makes this pretty clear, as she explicitly has armor piercing on top of dealing plague damage.
  2. I haven’t thought about this, but all damage happens simultaneously, so the active player should get to decide the order in which it is applied.
  3. You cannot attack your add-on at all. You can sacrifice it at will to destroy it. You can even sacrifice it and rebuild the same addon there to clear damage on it (at the cost of 2 damage to base).
  4. Yep! Fliers can’t choose to ground themselves, so you can just run under them if they don’t have anything else.
2 Likes

In any case where things happen simultaneously and an order must be chosen, the active player determines the order of resolution.

Tries to think up an obscure edge case where it would be beneficial to take an extra -1/-1 rune instead of a normal damage

1 Like

http://codexcarddb.com/card/behind_the_ferns

Also, maybe you have Sparring partner, and the attacker already has a + rune, so by taking a - rune you can “heal” the damage by re-training.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did think of that - and Hidden Ninja. I’m not sure how practical it is, given that you’ve just attacked with the unit so (barring having Geiger and Ready or Not to hand) you won’t be able to make use of that stealth that turn. I guess you could be planning to use those cards next turn, but that’s getting pretty contrived - although I guess that’s what I asked for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was this question officially ruled?

This is the official ruling that would apply, as far as I know.

This sounds fine, for when things take damage in the form of -1/-1 runes and normal damage simultaneously, which I think can only happen if a Tower is dealing the normal damage.

This is B, both copies go off as soon as your first non-token unit leaves play from something other than combat damage each turn. If only one thing left play, the second copy of the ability cannot return it to play second time since it is already in play, so it does nothing.

If multiple things left play at the same time, each copy of the ability will choose randomly from among the things that left play and haven’t changed zones (again) yet.

2 Likes

Why randomly? Why not allow active player to choose and keep it consistent with other simultaneous actions/resolution rulings?

That’s what it says on the card.

3 Likes

seems like a good reason!

yes, lots and lots of times :’(

Really?? I replied to it because I didn’t think I had so far.

I think there was just confusion that @MVashM was replying to a question farther up and not the current discussion, which was about a ruled issue.

Not for Drafting FFA folks

Does shuriken hail deal 1 damage to patrollers of every opponent?

Answer

Yes. It deals its damage to every patrollers.This text will be hidden

Thank you! It would be nice if you spoilered your answer, though.

Is below correct?

You can kidnap Bamstamper Lizzo then make it deal 3 damages to itself
Or 3 damage to enemy unit then attack with it

If max prynn trashes Bamstamper Lizzo then return it to play during one of your turns, you choose where the 3 danage is dealt.

You can use max prynn to trash a TRex then return it to play and choose to destroy enemy units upgrades or workers. You can also destroy the TRex itself with another unit upgrade or worker

1. No, Kidnapped units do not ‘Arrive’ again. Arrives triggers when a unit moves from out of play into play.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
1 Like